What is Your Favorite Musical Instrument | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What is Your Favorite Musical Instrument

Pookie

Final Flight
My favorite to listen to and to play is the piano. I'm not crazy about electronic pianos or keyboards. Just a regular, old-fashioned piano. The sound can't be duplicated, in my opinion.

My other favorite is the violin.

Last edited:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I love the piano and the violin. I took piano lessons on and off growing up. I'm out of practice. When I took lessons, my favorite pieces to play were Rach's Prelude in C-sharp minor, Lecouna's Malaguena, some Bach Inventions, and Chopin's Prelude. Chopin's Nocturnes are challenging to play. My wish would be to learn to play Chopin's Revolutionary Etude, Aeolian Harp Etude, Minute Waltz and Fantasie-Impromptu.

I've had the pleasure of seeing the following violinists perform with the San Francisco Symphony: Joshua Bell (3 times), Sarah Chang, and Midori. I would now like to see Hilary Hahn. I have her Stravinsky/Brahms and Shostokovich/Mendelssohn CDs. I just bough Nigel Kennedy's Greatest Hits and can't get enough of The Lark Ascending.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

I don't play any instruments, but I love "brass"--sax, trombone, trumpet. Especially saxaphones, tho.

katherine2001

On the Ice
My favorite musical instruments are the violin, harp, bagpipes, and mandolin. I also like the sound of the harpsicord.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Pookie:

My favorite to listen to and to play is the piano. I'm not crazy about electronic pianos or keyboards. Just a regular, old-fashioned piano. The sound can't be duplicated, in my opinion.

My sentiments exactly!! I traded in my lovely Willis acoustic piano for an electronic piano - just a basic one as close to an acoustic as I could get - no bells and whitstles; however, I still miss my Willis piano! It had a wonderful tone. I live in an apt. so got tired of carting my piano around with me. This new piano is better for apt. life - I can sit and play all hours - even at 2 am with my headphones on and not bother a soul! Still, the touch is not the same - keys don't feel as weighted to me. I guess, I am fussy! Someday, I plan to acquire another acoustic piano. Until then, I will play my electronic piano!

Pookie

Final Flight
I have a Roland keyboard for exactly the same reason, Lad. My husband got tired of moving pianos when he moved us. I enjoy playing with it but it's not the same. I also have a piano once again but it is on loan to a church right now. Of course, my husband and my son had to move it down several steps to get it out of the house. :laugh: He threatening to sell it so he doesn't have to move it back. :p

Labogh

Rinkside
The piano is my favorite instrument to listen to. I wish I played myself but I never took any lessons, I only know the bases. Besides piano I like the guitar, preferably the acoustic guitar.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Pookie :

I have a Techniques piano - it's pretty good quality for the electronic line - but apparently Techniques is going out of the piano business! I hope my piano never needs repairing. I would really love to buy another acoustic, but that will have to wait until I get a house.

Thanks.

anya_angie

Final Flight
I play the piano but am not that good in the bass area LOL. I can do the melody well though. I play mostly modern works. Les Miersables, Anastasia, and movie songs from 1997-98, that's about it honestly cause I don't have any other sheet music, yet anyway.

My favorite instruments to listen to are the violin, piano, flute, harp, cello, timpani, sitar, and I love brass too, especially sax and trumpet. There's a haunting rendition of "Someday" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame on saxophone that I'm determined to get.

I only have a keyboard, and it irks me because I got the one that had the most keys that I could find, and there STILL isn't enough keys on there to play Once Upon A December correctly. I need like another octave on the bass. OUAD is the most difficult piece I have ever attempted to play. I am very good at the Star Wars Main Title, Kissing You, Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, and Drink With Me though. Another difficult piece is Do You Hear The People Sing. Talk about chords!

I envy my friend Crista Brooks. Gorgeous voice, and she can play piano (and keyboard), clarinet, and I think trumpet as well, by EAR. Name any piece, from Bryan Adams to Mozart to West Side Story to Les Mis to practically any John Williams piece, and she can play it. She even went to JULIARD. Unfortunately though they had no idea how to handle her needs. They gave her large-print books! LOL she's completely blind. We both get a kick out of that.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Oh and I forgot one of the most beautiful instruments that at least I have only been introduced to recently, the CELESTA.

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
My favorite one to play is the piano. It is very relaxing. I love to listen to piano, violin, percussion, and the soft and beautiful sound of the harp. :)