2015 JGP Riga Cup Pairs SP Aug 27 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Riga Cup Pairs SP Aug 27

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
And this should be definitely 1st place for them. They're great for juniors. I liked them last year too, but they improved since then, especially in PCS.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Very cute! Definitely the most memorable for me. When I first saw what they were wearing I thought they might skate to "Joe le Taxi"...or "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
47.91 points!!! Their new PB I think :) I saw them about three weeks ago at the summer camp skating their program and they've made a great progress over the past two years. I'm happy they are currently on the 2nd.
my 1st time seeing them and i am impressed!

Just as well this Ukrainian couple are going last. Because they are about to get arrested for crimes to fashion and music!

But, based on the skating, they should be released on bail no bother.

CaroLiza_fan

:laugh2:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Renata OGANESIAN / Mark BARDEI (UKR)

Music: The Race II by Yello

Black/yellow costumes with racer checks

3Tw - big
2A - bit scratchy for her
4Li
3STh - big, but bit forward
BoDs
PCoSp3p
StSq

Charismatic pair, big pair elements

SP: 28.79+22.56 = 51.35 (PB), 1/9

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'll admit I haven't watched all the pairs super closely, but I loved the Ukrainian team! They had fun music that they actually seemed to skate to - all the elements hit really well with the music. Happy to see them in first.

Edit: Seems I'm alone in enjoying the program :laugh: No taste party of one, showing myself out :slink:

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I seriously love the creativity in the music and costumes that some of the pairs teams have! Taxi outfits to lavender long-sleeved leotards and legwarmers?! Mwahhhh! Creativity!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I loved their SP. It was strange but it worked. Maybe I'm feeling generous because most of the other pairs almost put me to sleep.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A well deserved 1st place for the Ukrainian couple! :points:

And I loved Renata's reactions when firstly they finished the routine, and then when the score came up! :biggrin:

I just LOVE this partnership!!! I hope they go on to have great success!!! :clap:

But, just one minor observation from a motorsport fan. How come we heard the sound of F1 cars, but the logo on their costumes was for the motorbike side of the Honda company? :confused:

CaroLiza_fan