2015-16 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Russian Qualifiers and other events

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations Mukhortova! Sad for Iushenko and Bezrukova. I guess their chances of JGP assignment is almost over if they can not show much better in the free skate.

Country
Russia
Open Moscow Championships, Junior 1-4 Sep 2015

Bezrukova 14th, 48.69, 3Lz step out, no combo, and not so good layback spin.

Bezrukova's chance was initally low, because she is not in Natonal Team.
Iushenko is not in full competitive state after injury, probably.

Mukhortova - known good skater, not eligible to JGP by age (as many girls at this competition).

Junior Pairs SP
1. Foka/Kostarev 49.75
2. Chuzhanova/Mintsev 48

Two Pairs, pretending to JGP, demonstrate that they want to JGP. Good results.

hanca

Record Breaker

Bezrukova 14th, 48.69, 3Lz step out, no combo, and not so good layback spin.

Bezrukova's chance was initally low, because she is not in Natonal Team.
Iushenko is not in full competitive state after injury, probably.

Mukhortova - known good skater, not eligible to JGP by age (as many girls at this competition).

Junior Pairs SP
1. Foka/Kostarev 49.75
2. Chuzhanova/Mintsev 48

Two Pairs, pretending to JGP, demonstrate that they want to JGP. Good results.

Well, it looks that Yushenko just lost a chance of getting a JGP event. But great news about Drinkina. She is another one who used to get reasonably decent results and then disappeared. Maybe she is back to full fighting state now.

Not very good that Foka/Kostarev are beating Chuzanova/Mintsev. f/K were last at the nationals, whereas Ch/M placed higher. If they are now getting beaten, one wonders whether the reason why they didn't get any JGP event yet is that they are not ready.

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
Are there any videos of Mukhortova? Doesn't have to be from these championships, I am just very curious about her.

hanca

Record Breaker
Anastasia Mukhortova will be junior eligible next year, together with Gubanova and Nugumanova. Well, watching it, she doesn't skate bad, but I think 3T-3T won't be enough for next year...but she still has a full year to get the harder combinations.

helene1967

Rinkside

witcher

Match Penalty

witcher

Match Penalty
What's "ГБУ СШОР Воробьевы горы Москомспорта" at Proklova's name (some part of CSKA?) and shouldn't Buianova be listed as her coach?

oleada

Record Breaker
OMG, he dropped her on the twist. And she didn't even give him a dirty look; she just continued and landed clean triple throw soon after. I like this pair. They seem to be polished, tidy. Nice lines, good synchronisation...I hope they will do well at their JGP events.

Me too. I liked them a lot. If not for the twist, they would've been first easily. I liked Foka/Kostarev and Sokur/Pleshkov too. Sokur/Pleshkov are so tiny and cute, but have good elements and presentation for their ages. Foka seems like a strong jumper. All these teams are so young and doing good content. l

hanca

Record Breaker
Let's see the FS today. I think Russian Federation should introduce some bonus for their junior pairs, for doing triple jumps. They have far too many pairs who are pretty good at pair elements and therefore getting away with winning competition at junior level only with doubles (Vygalova/Zakroev and Fedorova/Miroshkin comes to my mind, but among the current ones there is a few too) and then there is a huge shock when they need to transfer to the seniors. I noticed that a few years back Russian Federation introduced some bonus points in singles (just for their internal competitions) and it worked pretty well; it was motivation for the skaters to work on the harder jumps and be more rounded skater by having all triples. I was disappointed that the Russian pairs who placed last week at the junior level on the podium didn't have triples, whereas the Ukrainian pair and the Czech pair did. I hope that there will be a few among the newly eligible Russian youngsters who already have triple jump.

Country
Russia
Poor girl, she had a total meltdown at this competition.
Yes.
Not recovered from injury.

Was this a qualification competition for Russian Cup Series?
Formally yes (for juniors), but in fact all high level skaters from Moscow have two Russian cup event, even if they were not at this competition.

For National Team members is recommended to compete in one Russian Cup Event. They may miss it if there is serious reason (other competition, illness etc). If they want two Events (to practice programs with judges) - no problem.

Ladies free skate - very, very nice skating of Mukhortova (winner, born 17 May 2003, tiny girl). Video will be soon.

Results and total scores
http://s020.radikal.ru/i709/1509/4e/fd8d6e7badbf.jpg

Junior Men SP Protocols
http://ffkm.ru/images/files/015-16/2015-09-01_OPM/Men_SP_Scores.pdf

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Let's see the FS today. I think Russian Federation should introduce some bonus for their junior pairs, for doing triple jumps. They have far too many pairs who are pretty good at pair elements and therefore getting away with winning competition at junior level only with doubles (Vygalova/Zakroev and Fedorova/Miroshkin comes to my mind, but among the current ones there is a few too) and then there is a huge shock when they need to transfer to the seniors. I noticed that a few years back Russian Federation introduced some bonus points in singles (just for their internal competitions) and it worked pretty well; it was motivation for the skaters to work on the harder jumps and be more rounded skater by having all triples. I was disappointed that the Russian pairs who placed last week at the junior level on the podium didn't have triples, whereas the Ukrainian pair and the Czech pair did. I hope that there will be a few among the newly eligible Russian youngsters who already have triple jump.
Absolutely agree! The lack of sbs triples really prevents these couples from being able to move up to the Senior level :( As you said, Vigalova/Zakroev and Fedorova/Miroshkin could have never competed against Senior pairs even nationally, despite being excellent Junior pairs. I frankly don't remember the reasons of their disappearing from the scene (can anyone help me?), but maybe this lack of prospects played a role
BTW, have they eliminated the bonus in singles?

oleada

Record Breaker
They had a GP event but withdrew; Miroshkin has a bad injury (leg, I think) and needs surgery.

hanca

Record Breaker
Absolutely agree! The lack of sbs triples really prevents these couples from being able to move up to the Senior level :( As you said, Vigalova/Zakroev and Fedorova/Miroshkin could have never competed against Senior pairs even nationally, despite being excellent Junior pairs. I frankly don't remember the reasons of their disappearing from the scene (can anyone help me?), but maybe this lack of prospects played a role
BTW, have they eliminated the bonus in singles?
They didn't disappear. miroshkin is injured; he attended compulsory medical and God knows what they were doing to him at the medical, but they injured him and he needed surgery. He will probably miss the whole season. So hopefully Fedorova is spending the season working on her jumps. Maybe it is for the best that she has plenty of time to work on jumps; maybe next season we won't recognise her! (Clean triple Salchow and toe loop...)

Vygalova/Zakroev split up. There was quite a big age gap (5years). Zakroev aged out of juniors. She is only 16 and it made sense for her to stay in juniors, considering that she doesn't have the jumps yet. They paired her with Parkman, who is new to pair skating, so we may not see her this season (depending how quickly he can learn pairs). Zakroev is now at Pavlova's group, I haven't heard anything about a new partner yet. Probably still searching. But it does prove my point- if they were forced to pay more attention to jumps, she would have at least one triple and then they wouldn't have to split up because she is senior eligible, they could just move to seniors.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Well, Atakhanova/Spiridonov went clean in their FS. And they have two different triples! I chose a good pair to cheer for! :cheer: