Entries for 2015 Copernicus Stars | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Entries for 2015 Copernicus Stars

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I don't think M&C have to score huge here. But a win would be very, very nice. Popova & Vlasenko have some tremendous gifts, though, and they skated with conviction in Riga. Should be a great competition.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
For some reason I don't think m/c will get the kind of scores they had in Colorado springs. Maybe they'll win but it'll be close between them and p/v given the new destination.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Looks like USA has made a change and given Megan Wessenberg her first JGP! It seems like they're spreading the wealth with the assignments instead of giving some of the lower-placed skaters second ones (Spain and Croatia also have had changes)

emdee

Final Flight
It's because he is the most famous person born in Toruń. In Poland the first two things, when you think of Toruń, is Copernicus & this :biggrin:

Maria Skłodowska-Curie has no connection at all (she was born in Warsaw).

Never thought someone would care how competition is called.

I just visited Poland and brought back a couple of those gingerbread like treat packages. Loved them! We get the Lebkuchen at Christmas time but these heart shaped cookies are yummy!

Layback11

Record Breaker
SHOCKED-LITERALLY ALL CAPS SHOCKED-that Russia is taking its (debatably) top lady out of her 2nd JGP. :mad: unless she's going senior, which would not make much sense (they said from the start she'd be staying junior), or injured (nobody seems to have heard nothing to cause them to think that's the case), this is not a good move. If I understood correctly, she's officially out of her 2nd JGP and only in Croatia?

Seriously, why would they do that?!?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
SHOCKED-LITERALLY ALL CAPS SHOCKED-that Russia is taking its (debatably) top lady out of her 2nd JGP. :mad: unless she's going senior, which would not make much sense (they said from the start she'd be staying junior), or injured (nobody seems to have heard nothing to cause them to think that's the case), this is not a good move. If I understood correctly, she's officially out of her 2nd JGP and only in Croatia?

Seriously, why would they do that?!?

Sima's going to Spain and Croatia. No need to panic here :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I just visited Poland and brought back a couple of those gingerbread like treat packages. Loved them! We get the Lebkuchen at Christmas time but these heart shaped cookies are yummy!

Glad you like them :biggrin:

Meanwhile Fernandez/Weinberg are still only substitutes :scowl:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
never thought USFS is taking so long to change that :scowl:

I agree. Like they need to be on the actual roster. It's a rare occurrence for USA pairs team to medal in pairs in the JGP, GP, Worlds, etc....I mean it seems to me at least. There could be a chance now!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
The reason why Sema will do the last two competitions is kind of sketchy. I am think more like she is injured or things liked that prevented her from being ready. Will see.