2015 JGP Riga Cup Ladies FS Aug 28 | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Riga Cup Ladies FS Aug 28

bramweld

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the medalists. However, I thought I was going to be wowed by Masha, but at best the program was, okay. There almost seems to be no cohesiveness between the music and what she's doing on ice. IMHO, the costume also does not match the music. Half way through the program I switched to watch Alisa F. Alisa was more enjoyable to watch but at times her jumps looked very laboured. I hope though this is just early season blues. When all the euphoria has cooled I'll watch the skates again as well as the other girls.

catchie

On the Ice
SO overwhelmed! What a great competition! Watched ladies morning practice today and Yuna was already terrified there. No clean lutz+loop and she was so close to crying many times. Also had issues with toe in the practice. Amber was a nice surprise because her practice was horrible - many falls. Best presentation today (at least for me as I was watching live ;) )

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Maria's SP choreography and costume were much better than FS.

Agreed. Love the SP costume & music ('Black Magic Woman' was originally a Fleetwood Mac song! :love: ), I think she will grow more into this one over the course of the season. The FS was a bit confusing. The costume was distracting and the music wasn't what I was expecting for R&J -- however, she delivered in both programs at Riga so well deserved win. Hopefully the FS will grow on me...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
very sad for my Alisa from Wonderland:cry: liked her more than Masha
Hopefully next time she will have a nice FS!

You were saying the exact opposite yesterday during the SP! Who's side are you on here, anyway? ;)

Congrats to all medalist, but yes, disappointing Alisa couldn't hang on to 3rd with her SP lead.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Congratulations, Masha! :cheer:

I really wanted Amber to get the bronze...oh well :cry: She could, theoretically, make the final if she won her next event by twenty points. But I don't know who she's going up against in it.

oleada

Record Breaker
Congratulations, Masha! :cheer:

I really wanted Amber to get the bronze...oh well :cry: She could, theoretically, make the final if she won her next event by twenty points. But I don't know who she's going up against in it.
Tsurskaya, Sakhanovich, Sakamoto again, Nitaya. Very unlikely for her to win.

Lipea

Final Flight
Congratulations to the medalists. However, I thought I was going to be wowed by Masha, but at best the program was, okay. There almost seems to be no cohesiveness between the music and what she's doing on ice. IMHO, the costume also does not match the music. Half way through the program I switched to watch Alisa F. Alisa was more enjoyable to watch but at times her jumps looked very laboured. I hope though this is just early season blues. When all the euphoria has cooled I'll watch the skates again as well as the other girls.

Interestingly, I had completely opposite impression about Masha/Alisa. Although there were the moments in Masha's program where should could be faster, or where the music didn't quite fit (for ex. on her final spin they should have take a different cut or something, not to continue with the same M/C theme), the music choice was fantastic as well as the dress, and it will be more obvious when we'll see the program more polished. Whereas Alisa was very generic and sweet, I can't even remember now what her program was about, and I wish she wouldn't take vocals for her FS. Tchaikovsky's Sentimental Valse fit the best way for her innocent sweetness, but not the FS music. I couldn't enjoy this program at all.
I don't think Maria and Alisa are comparable at this point, as Maria is so much more mature, and her jumping technique is obviously tons better.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am glad Maria gets all of her jumps back, though the FS can be much better. Her dress is very pretty and I also like the music, but they don't match. Her performance should be somewhat more fierce so the dress. She managed her growth spurt pretty well.