JGP Riga Cup Men SP Aug 27 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

JGP Riga Cup Men SP Aug 27

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Sondre's rotation :love:

Oh dear...untied bow tie #1. And "Puttin' On The Ritz" #1. :laugh:

Bowtie count: Tied - 1 | Untied - 1
I'm betting there will be.....5 total by the end :)

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was cute! Not bad at all. I'm glad he didn't use the Rednex version.

That's where we differ. I prefer the Rednex version. I hate the version we hear in skating competitions!

Ah somebody I've seen before! Hello Sondre!

(I had to pause it for a few minutes after Lu, so I'm playing catch up)

CaroLiza_fan

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Here's the guy with the fringes.

"Cotton Eyed Joe". Imagine that!

What is it with Chinese skaters and country music? And particularly that song! There are so many of them use it, especially in Ice Dance!

CaroLiza_fan

Maybe they all said "let's just skate to what the US National Champ used in his exhibition... surely that is popular!" So I blame Jason.

It also could be that they associate "country" music very strongly with the USA but don't really get that it is not universally popular in the USA. They may think that country western is a bit more ubiquitous that it is in reality and not get fully that it is a bit more of a niche market.

Or maybe they just like it. Maybe for whatever reason the rhythms just seems fun to them. Plenty of people on here that don't speak a word of Korean have enjoyed hearing K-pop songs.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Question: was his stumble intentional ?

Looked like it could've been to me, commentator says he almost fell during a rocker there, so, guess unintentional.

1. Sondre ODDVOLL BOE ...32.45+24.61=57.06
  2. Yunda LU .....................26.76+24.86=51.62
  3. Mikhail MEDUNITSA ........23.50+21.69=45.19
  4. John-Olof HALLMAN .......21.60+21.82=43.42
  5. Daniels ROSCIKS ............WD

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Am I the only one who is cursed to hear Puttin' on the Ritz forever as Putin On the Ritz

Between this and the Peter Gynt one making me think of the cheese on the moon commercial... I think i need to get some crackers to munch on while watching. Someone needs to tell Nabisco they have a great sponsorship opportunity here.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Maybe they all said "let's just skate to what the US National Champ used in his exhibition... surely that is popular!" So I blame Jason.

Nah, not Jason's fault. This has been going on for years!

Or maybe they just like it. Maybe for whatever reason the rhythms just seems fun to them. Plenty of people on here that don't speak a word of Korean have enjoyed hearing K-pop songs.

Could be! I like K-Pop! ;) :biggrin:

(But don't dare mention that Psy guy in the same breath!)

CaroLiza_fan

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Am I the only one who is cursed to hear Puttin' on the Ritz forever as Putin On the Ritz

Between this and the Peter Gynt one making me think of the cheese on the moon commercial... I think i need to get some crackers to munch on while watching. Someone needs to tell Nabisco they have a great sponsorship opportunity here.

:laugh2:

Pika

Final Flight
I don't think so, he really looked a little embarrassed right after :)

Haha yes ! The fact is that I saw this just when I caught up the stream. But seeing the replay, it was definitely not wanted , but at least it went well with the choreo ! :laugh:

TMC

Record Breaker
I think you are doing a great job:cheer2:. commentator. that's my comment

I agree! I've already given him very positive feedback on Twitter, I hope others too make noise about how much we like him so that we get him again next year :)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I agree! I've already given him very positive feedback on Twitter, I hope others too make noise about how much we like him so that we get him again next year :)

Well, we had him last year, didn't we? Probably will again.

1. Sondre ODDVOLL BOE .....32.45+24.61=57.06
  2. Yunda LU .....................26.76+24.86=51.62
  3. Mikhail MEDUNITSA ........23.50+21.69=45.19
  4. John-Olof HALLMAN .......21.60+21.82=43.42
    [*]Artur PANIKHIN ...........18.89+19.68=37.57
  5. Daniels ROSCIKS ............WD