2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy general discussion | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy general discussion

tulosai

Record Breaker
A detailed schedule has been posted on the event webpage!

http://nepelatrophy.weebly.com/schedule.html

1. 10. 2015 - Thursday *

1:30 pm - 4:45 pm Ladies short program
4:45 pm - 7:50 pm Men short program
8:00 - 9:45 pm Pairs short program

2.10. 2015 - Friday *

10:30 am - 12:25 pm Ice dance short dance
12:30 pm - 2:40 pm Pairs free skating **

3.10. 2015 - Saturday *

12:15 pm - 4:00 pm Ladies free skating
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Ice dance free dance
6:15 pm - 9:45 pm Men free skating **

All times central European time.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah i don't get why a new team like Donlan & Bartholomay are getting all these assignments while F/S have nothing at this point. Not like D/B are so superior or are the future of US Pairs when i see them more in the middle of the pack of US Pairs at the most.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yeah i don't get why a new team like Donlan & Bartholomay are getting all these assignments while F/S have nothing at this point. Not like D/B are so superior or are the future of US Pairs when i see them more in the middle of the pack of US Pairs at the most.

I think the hope, like someone said above, is that they are going to get on the GP substitutes list and get a second spot if someone withdraws, though I agree that why that would really matter so much is unclear, since there is no way they are going to make it to the GPF or something. Maybe the federation does hope they are going to be the number 2 US team going forward? I agree it is somewhat confusing. Maybe networking of some kind has been done and that is why they are getting these opportunities, who knows.

I am happy for them that they are getting these assignments, but do wish F/S had been given something.

Country
Russia
If Donlan & Bartholomay score well at a Challenger Series event, they can be added to the substitution list for the Grand Prix... and potentially get a Grand Prix replacement spot if someone withdraws.

ISU Communication 1858
In addition, each winner of a competition/discipline in an event included in the ISU Challenger Series will be awarded with a position on the alternate list for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating of that season

So they must win the Event.
I.e. win all of Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH, Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK, Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV, Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV, Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV.
Is it simple task?

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
ISU Communication 1858

So they must win the Event.
I.e. win all of Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH, Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK, Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV, Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV, Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV.
Is it simple task?

I agree, the official communication says they must win to be placed on the list. But last year, that isn't what happened- at least not from what we could tell with the substitutions. We saw skaters' scores from Challenger Series events intermingled with the previous year's Season's Best scores. We saw skaters who didn't have a previous year Season's Best and didn't win a Challenger Series, but who had scores that would place them above others from the Season's Best list, receive substitution spots.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can safely confirm that Andrew, Paris and Matthew's bags made it to Bratislava with them. :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I think the hope, like someone said above, is that they are going to get on the GP substitutes list and get a second spot if someone withdraws....

I am happy for them that they are getting these assignments, but do wish F/S had been given something.

No need to worry. They got the TBD spot at Skate America.

Layback, what is under discussion is a second GP assignment for Donlan/Bartholomay. In addition to their Skate America assignment. (Emphasis added to tulosai's post.)

Anyway, good to see that eleven Pairs are entered here this year. (Twelve minus one, after Fancy/Boyadji split. http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028388.htm)
Last year, the Pairs discipline was cancelled at Nepela because the entries were too few.

Meanwhile, re Field/Stevens, in case anyone missed it:
They now are assigned to Golden Spin of Zagreb, per the USFS assignments page (which was updated after the posts from Jammers and tulosai).
http://usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216

I can safely confirm that Andrew, Paris and Matthew's bags made it to Bratislava with them. :laugh:

Great news. :) :cool: They were due for some smoother sailing/flying.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Layback, what is under discussion is a second GP assignment for Donlan/Bartholomay. In addition to their Skate America assignment. (Emphasis added to tulosai's post)

Great news. :) :cool: They were due for some smoother sailing/flying.

Oh, oops. Thank you for the correction.

kalamalka

Rinkside
I just noticed that Marchei/Hotarek are no longer on the pairs list. Too bad - I was looking forward to seeing them in person for the first time.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
looking forward to see Maia and Alex and this highly anticipated (at least by myself) FD to 'Fix you' by Coldplay - this could be a real breakthrough for them...Also insteresting to see Giles/Poiries, Lubov and Dylan, Jason Brown, Testa/Csolley an dCoomes/Buckland. In general - ladies and ice dance fileds look fierce!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Takahito Mura is no longer listed for the Men's competition :-/