Skaters and look-alikes!!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters and look-alikes!!!!

berthes ghost

Final Flight
MrBG names the skaters after friends and co-works whom they resemble. Galina Malinachenko will always be "Beth" and Anne-Sophie Clavez will always be "Sandra" etc... except fo the skaters who resemble each other, for example he just calls Elena Liashenko "fake Sarah". Sometimes I get lost, like when he'll suddenly ask "Do you think Beth will beat fake Sarah?", it takes me a few seconds to figure out what he's talking about. :rolleye:

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
I think Sasha Cohen looks like Amber Tamblyn (who plays Joan of Arcadia)
Jamie Sale has been compared to Jennifer Garner
Tim Goebel and Justin Timberlake
Maxim Staviyski and Nick Carter of the backstreet Boys
Zhenya Plushenko andAdrien Brody
Margarita Drobiazko looks alot like my choir teacher
Galit Chait looks like Hillary Duff
Rene Lohse reminds me of Ben Affleck
Shae-Lynn Bourne looks like Reese Witherspoon's Clone
Reese
Shae-Lynn

IDLERACER

Medalist
Adrien Brody? Naw. We've already established that Plushenko looks like some mad scientist took Gerard Depardieu and Peter Tork and somehow morphed them into one person.

icedancingnut31 said:
I think Sasha Cohen looks like Amber Tamblyn (who plays Joan of Arcadia)
I totally agree!

AMBER

SASHA

(But I still haven't forgiven Joan's father on the show for saying that figure skaters are fluff-heads.)

Mathman:)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I think that Rudy Galindo looks a tiny bit like prince, or the artist formerly known as prince, or the purple one... or whatever you want to call him these days.

Elfga

Match Penalty
Andrei Griazev looks like Cary Elwes in the Princess Bride.
The Russian girl in Spiderman: 2 looks a little like Tatiana Navka.
Tobey McGuire and Kristoffer Bernsston look a little alike.
There was a guy in Braveheart that had a very little part that looked like Ilia Averbukh.

You can tell I watch too much movies! :)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I think Evgeny Plushenko looks like Benjamin McKenzie from "The OC" -- or would with a better haircut, assuming this would even be possible.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Evgeni Plushenko looks a LOT like the Phelps twins who play Fred and George Weasley in the Harry Potter series.

S

SkateFan4Life

Gee, even I remember this one! How about Sarah Hughes and Barbra Streisand? It's a stretch, but I think there's a facial resemblance.

I can definitely see the resemblance between Timothy Goebel and Art Gunfunkel.

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
I always thought Tatiana Totmianina looked like a cross b/w Rebecca DeMornay ("Risky Business" and "The Hand That Rocked The Cradle") and Mia Farrow.

Tony Wheeler

On the Ice
To whoever mentioned Butyrskaya/Britney Spears- I also have seen a very strong resemblence.

Others.. Mira Sorvino from a few years ago looks a lot like Shae-Lynn Bourne, Rachael Leigh Cook looks exactly like Sarah Meier, the star of Crossing Jordan always made me think of Jennifer Robinson, and coach Viktor Kudryatsev looks so much like Barry Fitzgerald (I think that's his name, he's an actor from probably the 30's and 40's- starred in Agatha Christies And Then There Were None).

Vash01

Medalist
Natalie Portman reminds me of Katia Gordeeva.

Maria Sharapova (tennis), though much taller, reminds me of a young Elena Berezhanaya.

Vash

ladybug

On the Ice
On the cover of JC Penny's fall and winter catalogue, the model looks just like Shizuka. So much so that I had to study the picture to make sure it wasn't her. I am still not totally convinced. :confused:

Ladybug

And Shizuka also looks like the young lady who models "Jerry's skating apparel" in those full-page ads in skating magazines. (I think she is a model and not a real skater?)

MM

IDLERACER

Medalist
Let's see...People have now claimed that Sasha Cohen looks like every one of these people:

Christina Ricci
Thora Birch
Amber Tamblyn
Natalie Portman
Audrey Hepburn

My question is this...absent Sasha Cohen, would anybody ever say that any of these women look like one another? The first two are both a couple of moon-faces with big breasts, but other than that, I don't think I'd have trouble telling any of them apart. I think everyone is letting their imaginations get away with them a little.

ouridol

On the Ice
Sasha, back at the 2002 Olympics, used to look like Alexis Bledel. I swear. You forgot to add that to your list ;)