2015 JGP Colorado Springs Short Dance Sep 4 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Colorado Springs Short Dance Sep 4

LisaM

Medalist
I was highly impressed with their skating skills but that choreography was soooooo boring.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
So it will be 2 for Russia vs 2 for USA (Loboda/Drozd+Popova/Vlasenko and Parsons+McNamara/Carpenter) in the fight for the junior throne? Cold War atmosphere coming back :biggrin:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
P/V have some bobbles to work through but my goodness that was tres charmant! I think that may be the only Russian program I've heard/seen so far this year that didn't include a single eurotrash disco beat in it--not a one! This charm and that lack of tacky music are not unrelated.

Another couple to keep an eye on...

TMC

Record Breaker
HOLY CRAB!!!!

Is that the highest SD score in the JGP or even junior overall?

2nd best, the highest SD score is 66.73, Hawayek/Baker 2014 JR Worlds (according to Statsonice) :)

I was highly impressed with their skating skills but that choreography was soooooo boring.

I loved it! But then I also love G/P's free. I like me some kooky :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Why is she wearing what looks like a leftover costume from The Lawrence Welk Show? And with him it's like he wandered in from the set of Miami Vice. Good Lord. NO NO NO. BURN BOTH COSTUMES IMMEDIATELY.

That second piece of music needs a kind of Sinatra-esque SWAGGER. Which they ain't got (though he does have more than she does).

Forgettable (unlike the costumes, which unfortunately are seared into my brain).

LisaM

Medalist
The French guy was having so much fun! He really caught my eye, I actually didn't even look at the girl. I thought he had a little Scott Moir in him, partnering-wise, and then they did a similar lift at the end haha!

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
McNamara and Carpenter deserve to be in first and by a lot but 66? I don't see them being in the same league as the last couple of junior world champions.

I can see one or both of the Russian couples getting assigned to the Croatian event, if Shpilyaeva and Smirnov aren't healthy enough to do both. I think they have more long term potential than Evdokimova/Bazin, Popova and Vlasenko or Loboda and Drozd

Layback11

Record Breaker
Another 2nd best ever score for an American in the short with a 12-point gap?

It seems kind of sketchy that that happened twice...did everybody bomb?

But that is great for Lorraine and Quinn! :cheer:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Way to early for them to be getting that high of a score. I like m/c but if it were anywhere else it'd be five points lower.

sbaker

On the Ice
Huge score for M/C. I really love them. Some of the faces were LOL but overall it's refreshing to see a unique concept for the SD that was executed so well.

Their PCS are consistent with the top teams in the JGP so far... Their TES is what was huge. All level 4 except for one level 3 waltz pattern. Here's protocols.

For those who think it's too high, what do you think was inflated? GOE? I thought it was a very clean performance with a lot of speed, so please let me know!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Huge score for M/C. I really love them. Some of the faces were LOL but overall it's refreshing to see a unique concept for the SD that was executed so well.

Their PCS are consistent with the top teams in the JGP so far... Their TES is what was huge. All level 4 except for one level 3 waltz pattern. Here's protocols.

For those who think it's too high, what do you think was inflated? GOE? I thought it was a very clean performance with a lot of speed, so please let me know!

Oh, I don't think it was inflated at all! I just wondered how it could possibly be that there were two 12-point gaps after the SP and both happened to be the 2nd highest junior score ever (and both by an American)! :laugh2: I guess only the US sent its best skaters to this event, so the field was weak enough to allow it.

Ironically, in both pairs and ladies, the top three are separated by less than two points.