Entries for 2015 JGP Logrono | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries for 2015 JGP Logrono

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
There is still hope. We don't know if Sima is fully fit and if she is not then Alisa can beat her if she skates clean.

And if we are really lucky then maybe this girl will beat Yuna S at Spain. That would be great news for alisa.

Yura Matsuda at 2014 Japanese Junior Nationals, SP and FS.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dh662_松田悠良-yura-matsuda-2014-japanese-nationals-sp_sport
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c2fz0_松田悠良-yura-matsuda-2014-japanese-junior-nationals-fs_sport

Fingers crossed for Alisa!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Fingers crossed for Alisa!

Me too! Of all the extremely long-shot contenders (besides Vivian), she's the one I would most want to see make the final. Her "Cats" FS is great...it's juniorish in the seniorishest of ways and she sells the heck out of it. Plus, that spread eagle with the cat paws hand gesture is my EVERYTHING. :laugh2:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Popova & Vlasenko have moved here now. Well, that sorts out all the first place dance teams. Now the second place ones get to sort themselves.

Ice is slippery. To quote a song I love, "C'est la vie say the old folks/It goes to show you never can tell."

I think it's safe to say the final flight will be made up of teams from the USA, Russia, Canada and France. In some combination or other.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Tessa Hong is a dark horse in the event. She has crazy talent--just needs to piece it all together.

And her SP is choreographed by former World Professional Ladies Champion (and John Curry's Pairs partner in exhibitions) Lorna Brown. Lorna is from Newcastle upon Tyne in Northumberland, England. But before she moved over to the States, Lorna was based in Northern Ireland for a few years, where she was part of Jenna McCorkell's coaching team!

:cheer: ALL THE BEST TESSA!!! :cheer:

But, Tessa is not the only skater competing in this week's Junior Grand Prix that has with a connection to my wee country.

Here is a piece of Fan Art I have been working on:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=12cf5b6af8e31ea59e091f335f28d55e&oe=56A0FA7F

But, I suppose I have to explain the reasoning behind the design.

On the top row is the flag of the Kingdom of Hanover, and the flag of Monaco.
In the middle is the flag of County Armagh charged with the Coat Of Arms of Armagh.
And on the bottom row is the Coat Of Arms of the House of Hanover, and the Coat Of Arms of Monaco.

As many of you will realise, all the Royal families of Europe are inter-related. Consequently, most members of Royal families have multiple titles, in multiple countries.

Take for example Prince Charles, the eldest son of the British monarch, Queen Elizabeth II. As heir to the throne, his main title is the Prince of Wales. But he does have other titles.

England: Duke of Cornwall
England: Earl of Chester
Scotland: Duke of Rothesay
Scotland: Earl of Carrick
Scotland: Baron of Renfrew
Scotland: Lord of the Isles

Until they get their own title, the children of Royalty are referred to by the highest ranking title held by their father.

Taking Prince Charles again, before becoming Prince of Wales, he was known as Prince Charles of Edinburgh. This is because his father, Prince Philip, uses the title of Duke of Edinburgh.

Similarly, this is why Princess Alexandra is known as Alexandra de Hanovre. Because her father, Prince Ernst August, uses the title of Prince of Hanover.

Alexandra’s father should actually be the King of Hanover. However, the Kingdom of Hanover was taken over by the Kingdom of Prussia in 1866, and since then the head of the Hanoverian Royal family (which he currently is) has been restricted to using the title of Prince. It is still his highest ranking title, though. Below are some of his other titles.

Germany: Duke of Brunswick-Luneburg
England: Duke of Cumberland
Scotland: Duke of Teviotdale
Ireland: Earl of Armagh.

Armagh is in Northern Ireland, and is 35 miles from where I live. Therefore, I quite like to refer to Princess Alexandra by her Irish title! 😉 :biggrin:

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ALEXANDRA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: