2Lz - !
LSp
StSq

FS: 25.84+35.89-1.00 = 60.73 (PB), 95.61 (PB), 3/11

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Not a bad effort at all Joannna's over all package... some nice moments through out.. the dress is rather YNK Fever like! A good Mr. and Mrs Smiths / Tango.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kathryn WINSTANLEY (RSA)

Music: Romeo and Juliet Ouverture by Petr I. Tchaikovski (also Prokofiev)

Two-tone purple dress, draped back

2A
3Lo - landed, but definitely <<
FCSp
StSq
2A+2T
2Lz+2T+2Lo
CCoSp3p
2S
2Lz+2Lo
2F
FSSp

No rotated triples, but seemingly cleanish skate

FS: 32.02+31.72 = 63.74 (PB), 98.59 (PB), 2/12

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Not a fan of this program... She could have skated to anything. Totally missed the most dramatic beat in the beginning (Is that Danse of the night from Romeo and Juliet by Prokofiev) Really random music edit, generic European classic program. Good to see a South African skater though...

BTW lol at the commentator, did he pronounce Tchaikovsky as 'chacalski' in the beginning? Is it my ear going funny, or an American thing?

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Amy's costume is awful. I want to burn it and I have said that at least five times... but she was surprisingly enjoyable. Shame about the jump errors.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Amy Lin from Taipei! 15... great debut! (Costumes need improvement) Interesting choice of moody Tango. Sophisticated little lady who skate with good musicality, lovely nuances to her physical performance that is missing from other juniors. The music is big and ambitious for her, it is a valiant effort though! I think it is clear to see who influences her heheh....

I think the music is from Piazzolla's María de Buenos Aires? I watched it 15 years ages ago in London, but umm memories fades!

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Dastich reminds me of Polina Tsurskaya with worse jumps and better artistry. Although if Polina skated to the same music, I'd probably like her a lot better.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Dastich reminds me of Polina Tsurskaya with worse jumps and better artistry. Although if Polina skated to the same music, I'd probably like her a lot better.

opposite here
I'll actually like Dastich's better

and go Kailani!!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Romeo and Juliet is getting close to Carmen as the most 'popular' choice of presentation.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Romeo and Juliet is getting close to Carmen as the most 'popular' choice of presentation.

at least there's a lot more music variations to choose from

then again, people use the same parts again and again so it's moot point basically

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
ahh a good skate from her
great effort on trying to match with the drama of the second half

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
at least there's a lot more music variations to choose from

then again, people use the same parts again and again so it's moot point basically

I like her version! She actually pay attention to the music, especially towards the end. One of the best Juliets we have seen for sure! This Juliet can battle other Juliets for Hanyu's attention (umm I mean Romeo).