Tim says he's about 80% | Golden Skate

Tim says he's about 80%

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Tim's new journal entry

Tim has been keeping a journal of his experiences on the COI tour. He apparently has his 3A back in his program, feels that the quality of what he is doing is better than before his bad year, and that his body is back to about 80%.

Some good details about what the COI skaters do on the bus.

nymkfan51

Medalist
Thanks Doris ... I really hope Tim can pull it together next season. He's such a nice young man, with lots of talent. It would be a real shame to see him struggle through another season like last year.

I can believe him. I know for a fact that artists once they have had some adverse encounter and forced to take time off, usually come back better than before. I think it has to do with going inside yourself and feeling something you didn't know until then what you already had. In Tim's case, I hope that's going to show up big in presentation. That with those quads make him a contgender for gold.

Joe

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Joe, I hope you're right, and that this opportunity will be Tim's opportunity to improve his basics and audience connection. Certainly that was true of Todd, whom I never liked much until he came back after injuring his back. Tim is high on the poll in the voting booth for most boring skater, but not for me. I have seen him skate live 3 times.

Skate America 1999 - Tim was the first man ever to land 3 quads in a program.
Worlds 2003 - Tim had the LP of the night, even though he did not win. I have no quarrel with Plush winning, but Tim was the most exciting that night.
Marshall's 2004. Tim went for everything and splatted on his quad and 3A when when was less than 80% (since he is 80% now, I assume 2 months ago he was about 60%.
None of that was boring, and 2 of 3 riveting. I hope he comes back strong and with better basic skills, especially since he seems to be a nice fellow, too.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
an 80% Tim will still be someone to watch out for.... that's for sure

good luck getting all the way to 100% Timmy!

ladybug

On the Ice
I love Tim and would be so happy to see him back to 100% however, at 80% do you think it is possible for him to have the quad back. I say quad because I am hoping he has one good consistant quad and 3 axel with knockout presentation.

Ladybug

soogar

Record Breaker
I think that for Tim, it's easier to do a quad than a triple axel. He has always said that the triple axel was a really hard jump. I also noticed that when he has trouble on a jump, it's usually the triple axel. So at 80% (how he arrived at that number is a total mystery to me), he might have both of his quads but not the triple axel.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I hope Tim comes back fighting strong. The U.S. men are looking really good, and I hope Timmy can show us that he can still fight and be on the World team.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hey nationals last year was amazing! They looked 20 times better than last season! :laugh:

skatepixie

On the Ice
I felt like Tim was putting more effort into his presentation in the Nats SP. I remember thinking "I wish he could do this when everything is fine..." Then...once he was falling and stuff...he seemed to be losing some of that, but thats natural, I suppose.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
berthes ghost said:
:eek: They are !?!

Hey, it's not my fault the international judges hate Savoie for some reason ;). Yes I know they need Quads, but I thought the mens Nats this season was one of the best competitions I've seen.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ITA!!! The men were great! so much suspense to see how it would all play out... and they stayed--pretty much--on their feet! :)

And Matt Savoie made the world team again so I was happy! :)

mzheng

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
Hey nationals last year was amazing! They looked 20 times better than last season! :laugh:

Only that it was a quadless National, otherwise ...;)

guinevere

Final Flight
Hey - Mikey came really really close to landing his on one foot at Nationals!

:laugh:

guinevere

Johar

Medalist
How have doctors helped him fix this problem? The way I understood it was his entire body was out of alignment, or aligned wrongly to his skates.

Ximena

Final Flight
It was so weird for me this season that found me missing Tim, I'm not very fan of his skating but somehow I was really used to him that this season without him and Takeshi...it was like this big hole missing, after all they were the silver and bronze medallist at worlds.
I really hope Tim is better and can come back strong next season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I find I have missed Tim a lot, myself, more than I would have thought.

From what I have read, Tim switched boot manufacturers once his contract was up in April/May timeframe, has had orthotics built for his skates, and is going to a chiropractor. I don't know what else has been going on, as I have no sekret sources.

Verbalgirl77

On the Ice
Ximena said:
It was so weird for me this season that found me missing Tim, I'm not very fan of his skating but somehow I was really used to him that this season without him and Takeshi...it was like this big hole missing, after all they were the silver and bronze medallist at worlds.
I really hope Tim is better and can come back strong next season.

I know what you mean. There was a very strange void there without Goebel, Honda, and Abt: all top 5 in SLC yet missing in 2004.