Record Breaker
Sergei & Michal!:yay:

S/K (((( missed them so much @ test skates
but yay maybe S/B will go

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I see that TV Asahi has bought the exclusive rights to broadcast Finlandia Tropy in Japan.

I'm somewhat surprised... they did that last year when Hanyu was expected to attend, but I didn't think Hongo, Hino and Muramoto/Reed had the same kind of "value" to Japanese TV companies. Maybe it helped that Lipnitskaia and Radionova are attending? Or maybe they bought the rights some time ago, hoping Hanyu would be there - before he announced he was going to Autumn Classic instead?

I wonder if they will show the whole thing, or just "highlights". If it's just highlights I guess that's a nuisance for viewers in Japan who want to see everything (any live streams will presumably be geoblocked for Japan, because TV Asahi holds the exclusive rights there...)

And speaking of live streams, I wonder if there will be any this year? And more importantly for me, will they be accessible after the event? Last year, I was disappointed that they weren't - I would have gladly paid the fees for it, but it seems they didn't want my money...! :p

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Detailed schedule PDF is posted on the official web site.
Link to the PDF is on THIS PAGE

I expect the exact timings might change a bit before the actual competiton (they did last year)

Edit1: I notice it shows the "Opening Draw" at "Espoo Cultural Centre", which is very close to the official hotel.

Edit2: I also notice that Ladies practice on the Saturday overlaps with Men/Dance practices... and is the only practice labelled with "PRACTICE RINK". What is this practice rink?! o_O Where is it?!

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Stepanova/Bukin will be at Finlandia Trophy according to http://fsrussia.ru.
Ah, not really surprising after hearing that Katsalapov is recovering from an injury- that even calls Skate America into question, two weeks later. Slightly disappointed, but also pleased about Stepanova/Bukin...

http://www.finlandiatrophy.com/en/Info/Venue.html This says the practice rink is located in the same building.
Aha! Thanks. And it says it only just opened this month. I'm guessing they've built quite an extension to the building for it, maybe into the fenced-off car park area at the side/rear?

tvuckic16

Final Flight
I am excited SB are in Finlandia. I am not a fan of SB, but I am very interested to see how HB (I am a fan) do against SB.

This is HB's second season in seniors and I guess third for SB, so they are pretty comparable in that sense. SB have always been excused by the Russian Fed by saying how they are young and the transition from juniors to seniors is hard, so I am interested to see how SB do next to a team at approximately the same career stage.

I would like to think HB are better than SB, but since I haven't seen HB's programs yet, it is difficult to say. I certainly think HB have more talent as a team than SB, but we'll see if that translates into results.

Excited for this competition.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Oh, if you meant WP are still on the list, then yes. You are right, but so are SB I think.

I checked the official ISU list. If there's another list I didn't know about that's more accurate, than that might be a different story. :shrug: I just thought the ISU list was official.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I checked the official ISU list. If there's another list I didn't know about that's more accurate, than that might be a different story. :shrug: I just thought the ISU list was official.
It is official, but Stepanova/Bukin are not removed from the ISU list either, although it is already known that they won't compete.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
It is official, but Stepanova/Bukin are not removed from the ISU list either, although it is already known that they won't compete.
Bad news :-/

Illinykh/Zhiganshin are listed as substitutes - but I guess there is little chance they will come to Finlandia, since they are skating at Mordovian Ornament the following week...