2015 Finlandia Trophy 9-11 Oct General Chat | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Finlandia Trophy 9-11 Oct General Chat

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Doris, thank you SO MUCH for putting the events in individual folders! It's so much more convenient that way and easier to all of us to use...thank you!!!! :cheer:

Thx to gsk8 :bow:, Doris :bow:, and Mrs. P :bow: for the new Challenger folders :cool:.

And thx to Layback for bringing the new folders to my/our attention.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks Doris, gsk8, and Mrs. P for setting up the folders. This should really help when we are posting about various disciplines!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I wonder why there is no Canadian girl in this competition. And in men it's only Liam Firus...I don't really know who makes the selections.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I wonder why there is no Canadian girl in this competition. And in men it's only Liam Firus...I don't really know who makes the selections.

They should've given it to Selena Zhao. (Well, they should've given the SC TBD to Selena but they didn't, despite her consistently beating Veronik, who got it, but they didn't...so this is the least they can do!!!)

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
So Youn PARK (KOR)

2015/2016 New Program

SP : Black Orpheus
FS : Red Violin
Both Two Program Cheographed by Cindy Stuart

Hope Clean Program in Finlandia Trophy !

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
The front page of the official home page (scroll down) says:
Live Stream / Suora nettilähetys
The broadcast is worldwide - Japan is excluded due to the local TV contract.

No link is specified, nor if the live stream will be free or not.

Also, the official hashtag for the comp is #FinTrophy2015 (according to the FB)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Social media update:

Adam Rippon is taking over the U.S. Figure Skating Snapchat while Kaitlyn Hawayek and Jean Luc Baker is taking over the U.S. Figure Skating Instagram. Jean Luc promises not to post too many photos of food. :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The front page of the official home page (scroll down) says:

No link is specified, nor if the live stream will be free or not.

There's a video box right under the announcement for the livestream with a "play" arrow (not currently active), so I presume you can watch it right there on the page.

tulosai

Record Breaker
There's a video box right under the announcement for the livestream with a "play" arrow (not currently active), so I presume you can watch it right there on the page.

This is my impression too- that it is a free stream on that page.

ivia

Rinkside
FFSA informed today that Finland has gotten 4 skaters to Men's and Ladies' categories.
In from Finland
Men: Viktor Zubik
Ladies: Emmi Peltonen

And unfortunately out
Men: Peter Liebers
Ladies: Lea Johanna Dastich

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Awww... Peter... and I brought a German flag to wave, just for him.

We're already in Finland. We've seen that the Japanese and Korean skaters are here safely, and Michael Christian Martinez, Adam Rippon...

Somewhat disappointed by the number of withdrawals. What started out as an awesome list of competitors has become... well, "less awesome". Still lots to look forward to though...

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Somewhat disappointed by the number of withdrawals. What started out as an awesome list of competitors has become... well, "less awesome". Still lots to look forward to though...

Truth, especially in dance. I am super disappointed by the final dance list- there were originally MANY MANY dance teams I was looking forward to seeing and all but 2 have withdrawn.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
There are still 2 strong teams in dance. In men it is interesting if Brezina can make a clean quad and if Rippon can finally deliver a 4Lz. And, of course, Menshov vs. Voronov. Menshov if clean can have a big score with all his quads. In ladies it is Yulia. After Radionova withdrew it is just Yulia but it is still YULIA. Will she be able to show a solid comeback as Mao did last week?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
looking forward to your comments YesWay!:thumbsup:

Layback11

Record Breaker
There are still 2 strong teams in dance.

In ladies it is Yulia. After Radionova withdrew it is just Yulia but it is still YULIA.

1. Yes. There is H/B. They (and WeaPo) stuck with us! :yes:

2. Yes, it is still YULIA! :clap:

*Waits for long speech from Sam_Skwantch about how Yulia is still on the list so we have nothing to complain about*

:laugh2: