Who's Going to Worlds? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Who's Going to Worlds?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What is Ticketmaster's fees usually like? And will it be more if I'm buying from overseas?

Trying to decide whether or not to splurge on a really good ticket for the Gala. And also sitting here making this face :scowl: at the exchange rate...don't you dare go down!

Tammi

On the Ice
Well, I think there's only Premium Loge all-even tickets left. All of those tickets will be about $440 (End Loge all-event is $720), and given our itinerary we have planned (doing a little bit of sight-seeing/visiting friends in the mornings) we won't have time for the practices probably.
The best available Premium Loge all events can be purchased through the LOC. End loge, Balcony circle and Balcony all events can be purchased through Ticketmaster while supplies last.

What is Ticketmaster's fees usually like? And will it be more if I'm buying from overseas?
I'd plan on about $16 per ticket. I imagine shipping internationally might be more expensive, but there should be other options available.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
The best available Premium Loge all events can be purchased through the LOC. End loge, Balcony circle and Balcony all events can be purchased through Ticketmaster while supplies last.

I'd plan on about $16 per ticket. I imagine shipping internationally might be more expensive, but there should be other options available.

But I either do $350 for all Balcony Circle, or pay about $100 more to get sim End Loge. Is End Loge not much better than Balcony Circle? I've used the virtual viewer but still go back and forth. Gah, I don't know what to do.

Tammi

On the Ice
But I either do $350 for all Balcony Circle, or pay about $100 more to get sim End Loge. Is End Loge not much better than Balcony Circle? I've used the virtual viewer but still go back and forth. Gah, I don't know what to do.
Honestly, off the top of my head, I think there are less than a dozen seats available in the Balcony circle. It's nearly sold out. More in the End loge, most of them starting around row 18, although there are a couple of single seats scattered a little bit closer. You probably want to be online as soon as they go on sale for your best chances.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Honestly, off the top of my head, I think there are less than a dozen seats available in the Balcony circle. It's nearly sold out. More in the End loge, most of them starting around row 18, although there are a couple of single seats scattered a little bit closer. You probably want to be online as soon as they go on sale for your best chances.

So I will have to call if I want the Balcony Circle all-event tickets then? Sorry for badgering you with questions. I've never done this before (buying tickets to events).

EDIT: Actually, I will try to hurry and see what's left in Balcony Circle, even if it's single-event tickets. And I just emailed the event organizers. This is so stressful. :noshake:

Last edited:

Tammi

On the Ice
So I will have to call if I want the Balcony Circle all-event tickets then? Sorry for badgering you with questions. I've never done this before (buying tickets to events).

EDIT: Actually, I will try to hurry and see what's left in Balcony Circle, even if it's single-event tickets. And I just emailed the event organizers. This is so stressful. :noshake:
I'm with the event ;). You'll need to go through Ticketmaster for your order. I would say being online the second they go on sale will give you the best chance. We kept a few Premium AllEvent seats to sell and all remaining inventory has been transferred to Ticketmaster.

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I'm with the event ;). You'll need to go through Ticketmaster for your order. I would say being online the second they go on sale will give you the best chance. We kept a few Premium AllEvent seats to sell and all remaining inventory has been transferred to Ticketmaster.

I will right at 11 am! I need two of those dozen Balcony Circle seats!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I just looked at the virtual tour, and it doesn't look like you see much from End Lodge. Am I wrong? Do I need binoculars if I buy end lodge tickets?

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Well, I guess I just wanted to share this. My 8 year old daughter who has been taking ballet for the last 2 years is just now starting to watch ice dance with me. She of course knows nothing about ice dance, but since she does ballet I thought it would be fun for her to rate the top couples for the SD.

This is her ranking (disclaimer: I don't agree with her on a number of things). However, I do think it is very interesting how she ranked them.

1. Weaver/Poje
2. Shibutanis
3. Capellini/Lanotte
4. Sinitsina/Katsalapov
5. Stepanova/Bukin
6. Bobrova/Soloviev
7. Chock/Bates
8. Hubbell/Donahue
9. Gilles/Poirier
10. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin

nieves

On the Ice
I'm so excited, this will be my first time watching elite skating in the flesh. I'm traveling by myself from nyc (sadly none of my friends share the same interest in skating that I do) but I'll be meeting up with my good friend Batsuchan :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, I decided to go. I scored a seat in the fifth row of section 9. Staying at the Royal Sonesta as most of the cheep (;) ) hotels are full. .5 miles to the T but a short ride to the TD.
Now to book the airfare.....
Coyote "You cant take it with you" Chris

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
IF I go, I think I will get end lodge for the men's FP. Cause it's pretty much all I want to see since 1. Men's is my favorite discipline, 2. School. And other reasons will be related towards school in a way. I wish I could do the men's SP, but school...

IF it was spring break (Which will never be around that time for my college), I would have gone to see the SP and FP. But one is better than nothing. That's how I'm trying to see it. And it'll give me a reason to practicing throwing...cause I suck so badly at throwing and aiming. If you ever go to a GMU women's basketball game and see me throw a T-shirt, you'll see. Though throwing the T-shirt upwards is different than throwing it downwards. Still, I suck. Good thing I was in one of the front rows at Skate America.

I am sure you throw just fine. But the sideways frisbee flip might be safer for your arm!
I am sorry you cant stay longer....such a shame go come all that way and not see more.... :(
But I understand how college gets in the way of lots of things...
BTW, who is Knit Hanson?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am sure you throw just fine. But the sideways frisbee flip might be safer for your arm!
I am sorry you cant stay longer....such a shame go come all that way and not see more.... :(
BTW, who is Knit Hanson?

It's a username I created back when I made a username for Hanson.net. I thought "I like cheerleading, knitting, and Hanson....CheerKnitHanson!" So it's my username for a lot of my social media accounts.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It's a username I created back when I made a username for Hanson.net. I thought "I like cheerleading, knitting, and Hanson....CheerKnitHanson!" So it's my username for a lot of my social media accounts.

Cool! It sings!....I like coyotes so I think I will keep mine...otherwise I would have to come up with something about camping-hiking-aircraft racing-dogs-motorcycle touring-figure skating-black powder rifle competition-canoeing-fishing-eating and drinking and that would be too hard.... :scratch2:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
BTW, who is Knit Hanson?

Oh and also, I live near DC so a plane ride is not that long.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Balcony circle vs end lodge. Which is better?

And are there many premium individual tickets left to grab?

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I guess I'm late to the party, but are the remaining all-event tickets available exclusively premium loge seats? (so around 1,000 $$)

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Oh and also, I live near DC so a plane ride is not that long.

I am green with envy! From Spokane, I have been to Greensboro twice, Boston once, and Lake Placid once for skating events....Long days outbound....especially with the time zone changes....
Chris who is going to take a cruise ship to England when he can find the time....dont like those spam cans packed with passengers like sardines....:gaah:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I guess I'm late to the party, but are the remaining all-event tickets available exclusively premium loge seats? (so around 1,000 $$)

I didnt think so....When I called up Andrew Reed who sells the all event packages for the event at the Skating club of Boston, I think the end loge ($700) and the Balcony at $350 had seats....but I have been wrong before...
his number is 617-783 - 0103 ex 205. Or Email him at [email protected].