2015 NRW Trophy Single & Pairs 25- 29 Nov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 NRW Trophy Single & Pairs 25- 29 Nov

NaVi

Medalist
Yelim Kim I think attempted a 3Lz+3Lo(2 footed and UR) and completed a 3Lz+3T... I think it should be good enough for 1st for now but it'll be close.

NaVi

Medalist
Gubanova was great... the Russian ladies swept it... Yelim Kim was actually 3rd in the FS but missed bronze by .6 points. There's actually a pretty good chance the silver and bronze medalist won't ever skate on the JGP... I'm keeping track of the scores and the silver medalist(Sofia Samodurova) has the 14th highest score of likely JGP skaters for next year in internal competition.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
has the 14th highest score of likely JGP skaters for next year in internal competition.
That is just... :sad4: I vote we all give these girls honorary citizenships for countries like the Netherlands and Belgium so they can always compete on the international circuit because we have no skaters even close to that level. ;)

NaVi

Medalist
Amy Lin... very good skater... but the jumps weren't with her today.

I've seen a lot of similar skaters today and I think it would be nice if there were a steps, spins, and spirals competition for good skaters who don't have great jumps.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Such a cute podium, these girls and all Russian :love: It is fun if you think about it, Adelina, Liza, Elena... all the big names of today, were once so little and posed for my camera - it makes me very proud to be able to witness these excellent skaters so early already and see how they develop further.

I tell ya, you shouldn´t stay at home if you have the chance to visit a FS event, so much stardom in the making and it was not just the podium, did you see the French and Korean, wonderful! Or the Danish with their great choreographies and expression like Maia and Amalie.

I think Varvara was a bit disappointed, she did not have the triple - triple working like Sofia with the triple toe´s and Anastasia with lz and loop, and then the error on the flip, but she skated beautifully and everyone enjoyed it. Btw. did you see at the warm up, Sofia and Anastasia like twins, the same movements, same lines. I love what Sofia did with her hands at the landings, when other skaters fight for the landings, she moves them graceful. Honestly this is probably the biggest thing about these competitions, there are countries who are just so much ahead of all others, already at kiddy level, that you do not have to wonder, why they then dominate at Olympics or GP´s. Stars are made especially from 5-10, if you miss out then it will be incredible hard to catch up.

Junior Ladies are next, 5 hours non stop ;)

adelia

Record Breaker
Both girls, Varvara and Sofia, are from Mishin's school. Sofia has more potential to improve. Varvara is very elegant but she struggles with her jumps and she is growing rather tall for a soon-to-be 13 yr old.

Alex D

Record Breaker
That is just... :sad4: I vote we all give these girls honorary citizenships for countries like the Netherlands and Belgium so they can always compete on the international circuit because we have no skaters even close to that level. ;)

But, but!

You have nice skaters too ;) Niki is so charming, she is on a good way I tell ya, but also Kylie Loots, she has a gorgeous double Axel. In my opinion the dutch are catching up really fast now. Soon we in Germany will ask you for your skaters :D

Alex D

Record Breaker
Group with Tanja Odermatt now, she will skate last. Alissa Scheidt is a very good German skater, very mature, she is next.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
But, but!

You have nice skaters too ;) Niki is so charming, she is on a good way I tell ya, but also Kylie Loots, she has a gorgeous double Axel. In my opinion the dutch are catching up really fast now. Soon we in Germany will ask you for your skaters :D

I also like Niki a lot!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Nice programs by Alissa and the Austrian, Alisa traveled over the whole ice for her stepseq, lots of Tano´s too. 3lz + 2toe, 2 flip

Give it up for DORIS!

bookworm94

Rinkside
I really liked Alissas program, she selled it so well! But isn't the score a bit inflated considering she only did 2F and 3S+2T?

Alex D

Record Breaker
I also like Niki a lot!

Hi five for Niki! :love::hap57::hap10:

Just saw Tanja, she is so gorgeous, but the jumps, fell on the Axel... - still it was great, love the way she looks at us, when she came across, charming young lady.

Watch out for Matilda next group, she always has gigantic step sequences.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Just amazing, Paula fell so awkwardly on the Axel and she just stood up and kept going, amazing. These ladies are so tough, wish I had their courage :luv17:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Tipp for next group, Kalina Lewicka, she is gorgeous! 4th skater of this group. Extremely mature on the ice, you have been warned.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Tip for next,

Cassanda Perotin, she rocks! And watch those smiles of Lea! Suomi too, cmon girls, I want to have a Fin win for once!