Skate America Television Coverage | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate America Television Coverage

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
not outside Europe, I'd imagine. I can get a subscription just fine from the Netherlands.

Of course, seeing as I already pay extra for Eurosport 2 on telly, I think it's ridiculous they put stuff on their player and I have to pay extra for it.
Still, for one month it's not a bad deal, assuming they show the next four GPs live in their entirety.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Of course, seeing as I already pay extra for Eurosport 2 on telly, I think it's ridiculous they put stuff on their player and I have to pay extra for it.
Still, for one month it's not a bad deal, assuming they show the next four GPs live in their entirety.

It's really not a bad deal. The Eurosport Player gives you access to everything, including all live broadcasts from British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2, as well as on-demand content (can't speak for exactly which version of the broadcast you may be receiving in the Netherlands.)

You can even rewind and fast-forward between things that happened several hours ago, or go right back to live coverage.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
This seems to be a decent deal, indeed. The problem with Skate America and Canada is that I probably cannot watch it live, anyway, at least not from Friday to Saturday, so it's useless for that (and anyway, most of SC gets aired live on Eurosport telly, so I can record that), but otherwise, it's worth a few euros to try for a month. I will at some point within this month probably be in the UK, too, and was worried I wouldn't have access to Eurosport 2 then, British or European or otherwise (the place I'm staying at doesn't have it). This way I can watch via the iPad.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I got a one-month subscription, but am not convinced it's any good (other than the fact that I will have access to Eurosport itself while on hols next month). I don't see any schedule for the live TV events, in fact, don't even see figure skating listed. Other than the normal repeat events of next weekend. Hhhmmm,

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's really not a bad deal. The Eurosport Player gives you access to everything, including all live broadcasts from British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2, as well as on-demand content (can't speak for exactly which version of the broadcast you may be receiving in the Netherlands.)

You can even rewind and fast-forward between things that happened several hours ago, or go right back to live coverage.

If you miss a broadcast on Eurosport do they post it on their website for a while 'on demand' afterwards?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I got a one-month subscription, but am not convinced it's any good (other than the fact that I will have access to Eurosport itself while on hols next month). I don't see any schedule for the live TV events, in fact, don't even see figure skating listed. Other than the normal repeat events of next weekend. Hhhmmm,

Did you click 'TV Schedule'? That's how I got the listings I posted earlier. You can always do a simple search for 'figure skating' and it will return all broadcasts across the Eurosport channels.

Eurosport had a section designated to Figure Skating during last season, but they removed it during the summer. I assume they will add it back soon.

If you miss a broadcast on Eurosport do they post it on their website for a while 'on demand' afterwards?

I only checked a few times last season, but I don't recall seeing figure skating in the on-demand section. Eurosport has changed a lot of stuff over the summer (including the Player itself) so I don't know what to expect now.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Did you click 'TV Schedule'? That's how I got the listings I posted earlier. You can always do a simple search for 'figure skating' and it will return all broadcasts across the Eurosport channels.

Eurosport had a section designated to Figure Skating during last season, but they removed it during the summer. I assume they will add it back soon.

I only checked a few times last season, but I don't recall seeing figure skating in the on-demand section. Eurosport has changed a lot of stuff over the summer (including the Player itself) so I don't know what to expect now.

Thanks for the info. Sigh...I'm going to try to record full competitions this year on my computer. I've got the Japan channels but if Eurosport doesn't have on-demand skating on their site, I'll just have to depend on your excellent work Sabinefire to hear my favorite commentating uncles on your youtube channel. :biggrin:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info. Sigh...I'm going to try to record full competitions this year on my computer. I've got the Japan channels but if Eurosport doesn't have on-demand skating on their site, I'll just have to depend on your excellent work Sabinefire to hear my favorite commentating uncles on your youtube channel. :biggrin:

You can skip back a few hours in any of the channels, regardless if you were actually watching it live or not. British time isn't very convenient for me most of the time either, so I just open up the Player and start recording (and set a timer on the recording device so it doesn't record all day.)

This is how I plan to record British Eurosport of SkAM this weekend -- I'll remote in to my desktop from my iPhone/iPad and kick off my recording by just pressing a button.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Did you click 'TV Schedule'? That's how I got the listings I posted earlier. You can always do a simple search for 'figure skating'
I guess this is where the difference between Europe and UK rears its ugly head again. I have to search in Dutch to get results (kunstschaatsen), and it gives me a total of two events taking place in the dead of night, and both are only one hour, and not LIVE. So... that doesn't bode well at all.
I will try and look into it more tonight.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
You can skip back a few hours in any of the channels, regardless if you were actually watching it live or not. British time isn't very convenient for me most of the time either, so I just open up the Player and start recording (and set a timer on the recording device so it doesn't record all day.)

This is how I plan to record British Eurosport of SkAM this weekend -- I'll remote in to my desktop from my iPhone/iPad and kick off my recording by just pressing a button.

do you use a professional program for your stream recording?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
do you use a professional program for your stream recording?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'professional program'?

I use paid, licensed software to capture stream recordings.

I also use paid, licensed software & hardware devices to capture television broadcasts (completely different method from recording internet livestreams).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm not sure what you mean by 'professional program'?

I use paid, licensed software to capture stream recordings.

I also use paid, licensed software & hardware devices to capture television broadcasts (completely different method from recording internet livestreams).

Yep, that's what I mean. Need to choose a good one.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yep, that's what I mean. Need to choose a good one.

I just use the paid/licensed version of Bandicam for recording internet streams. (Quality is highly dependent on your computer setup and configuration. I've seen some Bandicam recordings out there look horrible...)

For television, I use the Elgato HD60.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I just use the paid/licensed version of Bandicam for recording internet streams. (Quality is highly dependent on your computer setup and configuration. I've seen some Bandicam recordings out there look horrible...)

For television, I use the Elgato HD60.

Thanks so much! I'll look into these.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Sure... but if you're looking to record television broadcasts, you may need to do some research on HDCP. A hardware capture device on its own probably won't work.

I've got the Hardware for Japan TV recording already and it's working fine for me. ...I just need to get British Eurosport some how.

So, if I understand you correctly,
Step1. Through VPN, get a British Eurosport Subscription
Step2. Use Screen Capture software to record
--That's it right?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
So, if I understand you correctly,
Step1. Through VPN, get a British Eurosport Subscription
Step2. Use Screen Capture software to record
--That's it right?

Right, that's it. You need to have a VPN running every time you load the British Eurosport website/player.

However, I have been able to drop my VPN after getting the Eurosport Player running, and it still runs for many hours with no problems... so evidently the service doesn't do additional regional checks beyond the initial sign-in.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Right, that's it. You need to have a VPN running every time you load the British Eurosport website/player.

However, I have been able to drop my VPN after getting the Eurosport Player running, and it still runs for many hours with no problems... so evidently the service doesn't do additional regional checks beyond the initial sign-in.

Great. I'm going to try a short subscription to test it out. :biggrin:

Tested it out...works a treat so far. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

geranium

Spectator
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I'd checked on Eurosport UK's air schedule, found almost no live coverage and was
very disappointed. I hadn't thought of checking the Player's schedule separately.
I'm subscribed to Eurosport Player and have a British VPN. This is perfect. Thank you.

(For those of you who haven't tried it out before, it's a great service. I enjoyed
every GPS event + worlds live last year with Eurosport Player. )

Last edited:

geranium

Spectator
(For those of you who haven't tried it out before, it's a great service. I enjoyed
every GPS event + worlds live last year with Eurosport UK. )

Sorry, I meant "with Eurosport Player." The one subscribe to and watch via Internet.