Skate America Television Coverage | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skate America Television Coverage

Eclair

Medalist
I've discovered the Eurosport Player, too! :))) Already signed up for it! Does anyone know, wether there'll be commentary on the Live Streams?

Also, which VPN client do you recommend for accessing the britisch commentaries? :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Did you click 'TV Schedule'? That's how I got the listings I posted earlier. You can always do a simple search for 'figure skating' and it will return all broadcasts across the Eurosport channels.
Okay, I just tried searching for kunstschaatsen while on the laptop, and that does show all the LIVE results, being streamed on Eurosport player. I actually subscribed via iTunes, for the iPad, not for the laptop, because it's a bit more expensive, and I don't plan on watching on the laptop, but stream from the iPad to the television. It's a bit strange that I cannot get correct figure skating listings on one device, but I can on another. :-/ But I'm going to assume it makes no difference in the end and I can actually view the LIVE events on the iPad.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I will at some point within this month probably be in the UK, too, and was worried I wouldn't have access to Eurosport 2 then, British or European or otherwise (the place I'm staying at doesn't have it). This way I can watch via the iPad.

Any idea how that works? I haven't tested it. If you sign up for Dutch Eurosport in the Netherlands, and you travel to the UK, will your Eurosport Player still function despite being out of region? And if so, would you receive the British or Dutch Eurosport?

Great. I'm going to try a short subscription to test it out. :biggrin:

Tested it out...works a treat so far. :thumbsup:

Perfect! It's one of the best streaming services out there with figure skating, and the commentary isn't too shabby either. ;)

Also, which VPN client do you recommend for accessing the britisch commentaries? :)

I use Private Internet Access. Hola Premium works, too.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Any idea how that works? I haven't tested it. If you sign up for Dutch Eurosport in the Netherlands, and you travel to the UK, will your Eurosport Player still function despite being out of region? And if so, would you receive the British or Dutch Eurosport?
Going by what Eurosport says:
http://www.eurosportplayer.nl/faq.shtml?qid=185
http://www.eurosportplayer.nl/faq.shtml?qid=193
Basically, listings of which channels are accessible when you are in a certain country, and which devices you can use to watch when you are in those countries. You don't actually sign up for Dutch Eurosport, you sign up for Eurosport. The site says something like "unlimited access to sport events (to what Eurosport airs) in the country from which you connect".

In theory, looks like when I'm at home, I get Eurosport 1 and 2, and when I'm in the UK, British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2.
That is without using any VPN (which I don't need because I'm already in Europe).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FYI, excerpt from today's NBC press release:

STAMFORD, Conn. – October 21, 2015 – NBC presents live coverage of 2015 Progressive Skate America this Saturday, Oct. 24, at 5 p.m. ET featuring the ladies free skate competition from UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena in Milwaukee, Wisc. NBCSN will provide continuing coverage at 10 p.m. ET on Sunday, Oct. 25, including the men’s free skate....
http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...rica-live-on-nbc-this-sat-oct-24-at-5-p-m-et/

(Please don't worry, sabinfire. I am not/not/not/not/not attempting to contradict anything that you have said previously about NBC. Just posting a link and an excerpt in case anyone is interested in seeing the NBC release. Nothing more, nothing less. I already have been in the habit in seasons past of posting NBC press links.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
In theory, looks like when I'm at home, I get Eurosport 1 and 2, and when I'm in the UK, British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2.
That is without using any VPN (which I don't need because I'm already in Europe).

Interesting. Well, I just tested it, and it works! One minute I was watching British Eurosport, the next I was watching Russian Eurosport.

So... access to all Eurosport channels across Europe! Can't beat that, eh?

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Hmm, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I downloaded the Eurosport player app, subscribed and then clicked on TV Schedule. The schedule seems to only show the delayed highlights from Saturday?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Hmm, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I downloaded the Eurosport player app, subscribed and then clicked on TV Schedule. The schedule seems to only show the delayed highlights from Saturday?

See my post #62, I get the same from the iTunes app. When I search on the website through the laptop, however, I do get the whole schedule with all the live streams. I'm not worried, I'm seeing a bunch of streams in the app right now, and tere is just no way that the website subscription would give you access to more channels than the app.

Eclair

Medalist

You have click on e.g. friday, then scroll down and at 22:30 isu figure skating is shown to be broadcasted. Or you simple search for 'figure skating' on the eurosport player website and you'll get all the live broadcasting times for figure skating for this weekend listed.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Well, I am not sure if it because I am on iPad but the website eurosportplayer.co.uk defaults to an ad for the app whatever you click on including the TV schedule (shadowy picture of slalom skiing and the download app button). In the app, there is no Grand Prix coverage until Saturday 15:00 when the Pairs short is shown for 1 hour and so on. At 22.30 on Friday is U17 football on both channels and there seems to be no extras other than Eurosport 1 & 2 on offer.

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
See my post #62, I get the same from the iTunes app. When I search on the website through the laptop, however, I do get the whole schedule with all the live streams. I'm not worried, I'm seeing a bunch of streams in the app right now, and tere is just no way that the website subscription would give you access to more channels than the app.

Sorry. Just saw your post. Yes, 4 streams are showing as 'on now'- Eurosport 1, 2, WTA and live cricket. So hopefully, the stream will show at the time even though there is nothing on the app schedule. Sorry for the confusion and thanks!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
British time isn't very convenient for me most of the time either, so I just open up the Player and start recording (and set a timer on the recording device so it doesn't record all day.)
Sabinfire are you saying that all the events for a given day of a competition... happen on one and the same channel of the Eurosport player?

eg. If you left it recording SA tomorrow night, you could capture Pairs, Ladies, Dance and Men short programs... all one after another in a single recording? Without having to do anything between the end of one event, and the start of the next?

And have you found the streaming reliable enough to do that, without it dropping connection/playback somewhere in between?

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Sabinfire are you saying that all the events for a given day of a competition... happen on one and the same channel of the Eurosport player?

eg. If you left it recording SA tomorrow night, you could capture Pairs, Ladies, Dance and Men short programs... all one after another in a single recording? Without having to do anything between the end of one event, and the start of the next?

And have you found the streaming reliable enough to do that, without it dropping connection/playback somewhere in between?

For the most part, the coverage is on the same channel. All live SkAm is on the special Player channel, and most of the tape-delayed commentary is on Eurosport2 (for me, using British Eurosport.)

The stream is generally reliable enough to run for many hours without dropping, but may depend on several factors like your internet connection. Drops for me are typically rare, and I'm always allowing the player to run half the day.

beki

Medalist
I'd like to warn against using Hola. It is both spyware and malware. I used to use it too, until I read that the company rents out free users' bandwidth (premium users haven't proved immune either). Essentially, you're at risk of becoming part of a botnet. There have been a lot of articles about this.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I've discovered the Eurosport Player, too! :))) Already signed up for it! Does anyone know, wether there'll be commentary on the Live Streams?

It depends.

If the ISU has a commentator for their stream, then yes. Eurosport however, tends to use their commentators only for ES1 and ES2, not however the separate streams.

Shedule for CBC Sports

Skate America on CBC

Friday
•Pairs short program (CBCSports.ca, 4 p.m. ET)
•Women's short program (CBCSports.ca, 6 p.m. ET)
•Ice Dance short program (CBCSports.ca, 9 p.m. ET)
•Men's short program (CBCSports.ca, 10:10 p.m. ET)

Saturday
•Pairs free program (CBCSports.ca, 2:20 p.m. ET)
•Women's free program (CBC TV, CBCSports.ca, 4 p.m. ET)

Sunday
•Men's and pairs free programs (CBC TV, CBCSports.ca, 2 p.m. ET)
•Skate America gala (CBC TV, CBCSports.ca, 11:30 p.m. ET)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
You can watch the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: Skate America from Milwaukee on Universal Sports Network Sunday, October 25 at 3:00 PM ET.
https://twitter.com/universalsports/status/656958147785965568 (see the article at the link in the tweet)​

I did see it on the schedule, thanks. Unfortunately I do not see a rebroadcast of the 90 minute NBCSN broadcast (Sunday, Oct 25th) anytime next week. I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade my TV package in order to see it. I also note that NBCSN is not repeating either. If you want to see it you will need to get it at the time or not at all - it appears.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
For the most part, the coverage is on the same channel. All live SkAm is on the special Player channel, and most of the tape-delayed commentary is on Eurosport2 (for me, using British Eurosport.)

The stream is generally reliable enough to run for many hours without dropping, but may depend on several factors like your internet connection. Drops for me are typically rare, and I'm always allowing the player to run half the day.
Thanks Sabinfire, very helpful. I have now subscribed to the Eurosport player - they should pay you commission ;-D

Even though I live in the UK and receive British Eurosport broadcasts... I am eternally frustrated by scheduled live programs being steamrolled by over-running live snooker, live tennis, live anything-that's-not-figure skating... or "highlights-only" so we only see a handful of the competitors. I've been using Ice Network so far, but hoping Eurosport will give better quality and/or more reliable connection. Looks good from what I've seen so far...