Logroño (La Rioja) Spain

9:00 A.M. Eastern Time

Time in Logroño Now
http://localtimes.info/Europe/Spain/La_Rioja/Logrono/

SHORT DANCE

Live Results
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/jgpesp2015/SEG005.HTM

Short Dance Protocols
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/jgpesp2015/jgpesp2015_JuniorIceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

Short Dance in its entirety

Starting Order​

Entries​

No.NameNation
1Maria OLEYNIK / Yuri HULITSKIBLR
SDWaltz: Until by Sting, Foxtrot: Miss Kiss Kiss Bang by Alex Swings Oscar Sings; choreo by O. Fomenko, A. Tolstik, and N. Yanovskaia
FD Mozart - The Rock Opera; choreo by O. Fomenko, A. Tolstik, and. N. Yanovskaia
2Mackenzie BENT / Dmitre RAZGULAJEVSCAN
SD Waltz: Time After Time, Foxtrot: La Grande Valse - Happy Ending; choreo by Juris Razgulajevs, Carol Lane
FD Ben Hur (soundtrack) by Miklos Rozsa; choreo by Juris Razgulajevs, Carol Lane
3Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHACAN
SD Waltz: Gramophone by Evgeni Doga, Polka: Furioso by Johann Strauss jr
FD Pas de Deux Ktiri and Basilio (from "Don Quixote") by Leon Minkus, l, Quiteria's Variation (from "Don Quixote") by Leon Minkus, Classical Variation I (from "Don Quixote") by Leon Minkus, Pas de Deux Kitri and Basilio V. Coda (from "Don Quixote") by Leon Minkus
4Marina ELIAS / Denis KORELINEEST
SD March: La gazza ladra, Waltz: Drinking song from La traviata by Verdi; choreo by Lea Rand
FD James Bond (soundtrack), Skyfall (from "James Bond") performed by Adele; choreo by Lea Rand
5Salome ABDEDOU / Dylan ANTUNESFRA
SD Carol of the Bells (Remix)
FD Romeo & Juliet: Dance of the Knights by Prokofiev
6Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GACFRA
SD Waltz: And the Waltz Goes On performed by Andre Rieu, Polka: Susie (If You Knew Susie) performed by Andre Rieu, Waltz: And the Waltz Goes On performed by Andre Rieu; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil and Romain Haguenauer
FD While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Come Together by the Beatles; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil and Romain Haguenauer
7Ria SCHWENDINGER / Valentin WUNDERLICHGER
SD Waltz: My Fair Lady by Frederick Loewe, Foxtrot: My Fair Lady by Frederick Loewe; choreo by Mrs. Koenig, Rotislav Sinicyn
FD Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend by Marilyn Monroe, I Wanna Be Loved By You by Marilyn Monroe; choreo by Mrs. Koenig, Rotislav Sinicyn
8Ekaterina FEDYUSHCHENKO / Lucas KITTERIDGEGBR
SD Waltz: At Last by Etta James, Foxtrot: Why Don't You Do Right, performed by Sinéad O'Connor; Choreo by Massimo Scali
FD Dark Love Story; Choreo by Shae Zukiwsky
9Hanna JAKUCS / Daniel ILLESHUN
SD Waltz: Embassy Waltz by Percy Faith, March: My Fair Lady by Frederick Loewe
FD Hungarian Dance No. 6 by Johannes Brahms, Hungarian Dance No. 4 by Johannes Brahms, Hungarian Dance No. 6 by Johannes Brahms
10Francesca RIGHI / Pietro PAPETTIITA
SD Waltz: Die Fledermaus by J. Strauss, March: Die Fledermaus by J. Strauss, Polka: Die Fledermaus by J. Strauss; choreo by Paola Mezzadri and Corrado Giordani
FD The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (soundtrack) by Michel Legrand; choreo by Paola Mezzadri and Corrado Giordani
11Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKORUS
SD Waltz: At Voland's Ball (from "The Master and Margarita") by Igor Korneliuk, March: Voland (from "The Master and Margarita") by Igor Korneliuk; choreo by Mikhail Kolegov
FD Crazy In Love by Beyonce; choreo by Mikhail Kolegov
12Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOVRUS
SD Somewhere my love by Frank Sinatra
FD Les Parapluies de Cherbourg soundtrack by Natalie Dessay and Michel Legrand
13Valentina SCHÄR / Carlo RÖTHLISBERGERSUI
SD Waltz: And the Waltz Goes On by Anthony Hopkins, Polka by J. Strauss; choreo by Paola Mezzadri
FD Canone Inverso (soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone; choreo by Paola Mezzadri
14Daria POPOVA / Mark SELEZNEVUKR
SD Waltz: Leprous (soundtrack) by Wojcech Kilar; choreo by Natalia Vorobieva
FD I Will Wait For You (from The Umbrellas of Cherbourg) by Michel Legrand, The Summer Knows by Bergman; choreo by Natalia Vorobieva
15Angelina SINKEVYCH / Yegor YEGOROVUKR
SD Waltz: A Thousand and One Night by Johann Strauss; choreo by Zhanna Palagina, Evgeni Platov
FD Slumdog Millionaire (soundtrack) by A. R. Rahman; choreo by Zhanna Palagina, Evgeni Platov
16Chloe LEWIS / Logan BYEUSA
SD "Valse Triste from Kuolema Op. 44" by Leonard Bernstein; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD "Soledad" by Gidon Kremer, "Miloga Loca" and "Tristeza Separacion" by Astor Piazolla; choreo by Igor Shpilband
17Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOITUSA
SD "My Sweet and Tender Beast" by Eugene Doga; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet by Craig Armstrong, De la haine a l'amour (from "Romeo et Juliette") by Gerard Presgurvic, William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet by Craig Armstrong; choreo by Igor Shpilband

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ISU Reporter has now posted the Time Schedule and livestreaming links for today's competitions.

I'll probably be watching the Ondrej Nepela LIVE (seeing as it starts first - in about 15 minutes!), and then catching up on the Junior GP later on. So, I am posting all the links now, in case I forget.

Here is the link for the Time Schedule:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQTB0aWWsAAIS0a.png

And for the Live Streaming (not on air yet):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VDmmi5eD4

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

LisaM

Medalist
Betina is my queeeeeen! Yuri is really embracing his part too, good to see :)

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
:cheer: P/V! (I'm going to watch them + Shibs + G/P + C/B + anyone else interesting when I can.)

Also, go E/K! Do well! (I think they're adorable from JW.)

Sackie

Medalist
Although B/R got a 2nd in their first event they will be hard pressed to be top 5 here up against the RUS, FRA and 2 USA teams who will all be ahead of them.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Nice score for P/V, but so many technical imperfections today :no: they could have score MUCH higher. I wonder if judges will push LAURIAULT/LE GAC again.

Ekm

On the Ice
I thought Lewis and Bye were lovely, and her dress is gorgeous.

I enjoyed P/V's short more this time out, but words cannot express how much I hate that headband.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Pogrebinsky/Benoit have a very good step sequence, strong edges and long strokes. But WTH with this edit of MSTB? Igor, it was TERRIBLE!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Nice score for P/V, but so many technical imperfections today :no: they could have score MUCH higher. I wonder if judges will push LAURIAULT/LE GAC again.
I don't know about pushing, but they certainly got a decent score just now!

Snow63

Record Breaker
France desperately needs second competitive dance team. Looks like they'll get it next season. Overscored and all.
This was not better than Betina and Yuri.

Ekm

On the Ice
High TES for Lewis and Bye, they seemed a bit underscored on PCS for me.

I don't think this sd is the best vehicle for P/V. Just seems like a bunch of overwrought arm movements and a lot of dramatic faces, and I think they are better than that, that said it has grown on me a tiny bit (and I really enjoy their free dance). I don't think they were clearly better than the French today (or P/B for that matter) although I do think they are better overall.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Great skate for Chloe & Logan! Just all around more freedom, togetherness, and unison in this performance than in Colorado. Nice leap up in the scores too. And there's something you don't see every day. An American team passing a Canadian medalist away from home. Proud of L&B.

Ouch for P&V. But looks to me like the team that's really in trouble here is Abachkina & Thauron. They may make the JGPF, but L&L are setting themselves up very well to take over that number one junior spot in France.

Igor and Sweet & Tender Beast this season! He gives it to Pogrebinsky & Benoit and Coomes & Buckland. (Unless they showed up in Detroit with it). I still can't watch this without seeing Silverstein & Pekarek's Junior Worlds winning OD.

dancergrl

Rinkside
I don't think the French were over scored; it's nice to see that even if you aren't the favorites your polish, flow, edges and power can still get rewarded

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Boring competition. Nobody brought it. I'll be skipping the free dance.

Snow63

Record Breaker
And where exactly are polish, flow and power in this Lauriault/Le Gac short dance?
They were the best team in last two groups it's true, but there was literally no one close to them technically. There was no good enough team to compare them to. While Popova/Vlasenko and Pogrebinsky/Benoit skated first in a first two groups.

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I certainly don't think they have the power of P&V. Though, of course, it's very hard to tell speed and power without being there live. To me, L&L are very much in the mode of Dubreil & Lauzon. In fact, they look more like D&L to me than any D&L team I have seen in the seniors. The programs have brilliant lifts with difficult entrances/exits; but the programs also feel empty to me and lacking complex footwork. Not my favorite style. It leaves no impression on me even when performed by the very best, but there's no question some people really love it. Fact is, France is looking for a number one junior team to push. And it helps to be number one.

I'm not really worried about P&V. They have some atrocious music, IMO, this season. It can't be doing them any favors, but I also think they have power (again, I've never seen them live), perhaps more originality than any of the other junior teams, and loads of expression. I think Popova, in particular, has tons of potential. (Though if I had to choose my favorite Russian junior team this season, I would go with L&D).

As for the direct comparisons of the teams that are here, well we will see that in the free dance.