Mai Mihara | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Mai Mihara

grassy

Rinkside
Absolutely shook in the best way possible. She look stunning and fierce enough to murder someone with her skates :love:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i havent seen her talk but from the footage with David Wilson, she seems to understand :think:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very cute. Just wondering, do we know if Mai speaks any english?

I'm sure she speaks a little bit, but judging from the interview Dave Lease tried to do with her at Skate America, she would have a difficult time in a "normal" (whatever that means!) conversation. I remember being so aggravated with this interview because there was a translator right there, and mostly we saw the back of poor Mai's head as she tried to figure out what was going on! Also frustrated because I SO wanted to hear her thoughts about her Grand Prix debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0l2h7Sywk Probably with a choreographer she speaks figure skating so does ok.

ETA -- Her Libertango costume is so beautiful. Wonder if it is an ice show costume or the "for real" costume!

liv

Record Breaker
Oh man, that was frustrating for all parties. Poor girl, getting whiplash trying to go back and forth. But, yes, I get what you mean regarding conversational vs getting choreo done etc..

Love her dress too. Hope it is the real one.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGeFASW5x4g
Mai's SP has been uploaded. She does not look enough sharp and convincing yet lots of work ahead but I loved the choreography, stsq is awesome and she has all the potential to pull off and make this program great. I love new Mai :biggrin:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGeFASW5x4g
Mai's SP has been uploaded. She does not look enough sharp and convincing yet lots of work ahead but I loved the choreography, stsq is awesome and she has all the potential to pull off and make this program great. I love new Mai :biggrin:

I agree that this program lack sharpness and maybe speed in some points but I believe Mai will skate it to its full potential :D
Besides her look is just A+

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Considering how recently Mai debuted this program, it's already in a great place. Agree that she needs more speed and sharpness, and maybe overall a little more "oomph". I can see her really growing into this and making it her own. The costume is stunning. Would like to see something other than the ponytail for her hair too. Not a big fan of "Libertango", but she has already made me like it more!

myway1

Rinkside
She has grown from a child to an adult in three months! That makes me sad in a way. But her skating is more expressive.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i agree with you all about everything, this program has so much potential, i love love love stsq :love: all the pauses and nuances, already seeing much mature Mai, cant wait to see this program improve :hap57: its great vehicle for her, well done Benoit!!!!! :yahoo:
i have a question though, what will be her layout? if 3-3 will be in 2nd half, does that mean its gonna be the last jumping pass? :dbana:

and welcome to forum and to Mai's thread myway1 !!! post and often :yahoo:

iorii

On the Ice
Libertango is already looking pretty solid! I'm impressed, her skating is maturing fast. Girl is rocking winged eyeliner. Can't wait to see how far she can take her Libertango!! :hap10: