Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Kaori Sakamoto

All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Kaori was totally robbed in her SP today...

2 Not allowed!
    Any word on how practice has gone for Kaori today? I read in her fanfest that Satoko was struggling with an issue in her foot today and it made me wonder how Kaori is handling her foot pain. I was so nervous having read about her breaking down in tears in practice a few days ago (my heart was pounding in my ears during her whole program), but her performance yesterday put my worries to rest! I was very impressed by the security Kaori had in her jumps yesterday, and hope that the issue has been handled so she can stay in top form for her free. I know people are really split on Kaori's free and if they like her choreo and interpretation, but frankly I personally think it's one of the best ladies' free programs of the season. Hopefully she can keep her nerves calm and hit all her jumps so the rest of the quirkiness of the program can really shine through!

7 Not allowed!
    Congratulations to Kaori for her first ISU senior gold -- and at such a big event too! She didn't even have a perfect skate today -- two level 3 spins means she still has upward trajectory left in her that could bring her even higher scores at the Olympics! Can't wait to see it!

1 Not allowed!
    I'm so happy for Kaori!!! Her FS is my favourite this season

All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    My baby Kaori DID IT!!!!!

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    Congrats to Kaori !!! She’s the japanese skater I like the most, together with Rika Hongo, so I’m so happy for her !!! Good luck in PC !!!

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    She has finally earned a nickname from Fuji TV: "Miracle Girl"

四年もかけてじっくりじっくり煮込むから きっと美味し くなるね

4 Not allowed!
    Great result for Kaori... she is surely FULL of confidence now, riding the wave... and all fired up for the Olympics!

And these two together are just priceless... :-D

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    Big congrats to Kaori! I’ve been watching her since her junior days so it’s great to see that she’s among the top now!

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Keep up the good work and skate the light out at the Olympics next month!

2 Not allowed!
    Congrats to Kaori! She was so great last night. I really love her Amelie program. Also like her SP Moonlight Sonata too. 214 in ISU Championships is really high. I hope she will do even better than this in the Olympics. Sadly she won't go to WC. But we'll se her at the Coupe du Printemps in March.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liasky View Post
    Congrats to Kaori! She was so great last night. I really love her Amelie program. Also like her SP Moonlight Sonata too. 214 in ISU Championships is really high. I hope she will do even better than this in the Olympics. Sadly she won't go to WC.
    I wouldn't count it out just yet. I think Miyahara is more injured than she is letting on. She will definitely gut it out through the Olympics, but I can see her giving the WC a pass this year.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zanadude View Post
    I wouldn't count it out just yet. I think Miyahara is more injured than she is letting on. She will definitely gut it out through the Olympics, but I can see her giving the WC a pass this year.
    I also would love to see Miyahara in WC. But otherwise, it will be the window of opportunity opening for Kaori.

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    Hi! Just passing by to write my appreciation post to Kaori. Together with Rika Hongo, they are the only japanese that I enjoy, so I’m super happy she won 4CC! Good luck in PC!

I hope she’s luckier than Rika and they score her as it should be! You don’t need to be a “princess” to have great skating skills and artistry. Again, I think she’s different, and that’s her greatness! And her jumps are good too!

Although I also think she got a score too low in the SP. Hope it was just a “bad day” from the judges...

1 Not allowed!
    She also had perfect jumps and great choreography. Can't wait to see her getting on a podium in Pyeongchang.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast