Kaori Sakamoto | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Kaori Sakamoto

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Apparently, Kaori is one of the only 2 Lady skaters I really like at Olympics (the other is Laurine), so I will be cheering extra hard for her to podium! :cheer: I'm not even torn who to cheer for :)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
um cathlen, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Laurine won't be there
so cheer extra loud for Kaori!

Alifyre

On the Ice
Pretty much all of my favorite ladies are not participating in this Olympics save for Kaori.... On the one hand makes me very sad for those who did not make it, but on the other means I can throw all my support behind our sunshine girl!!

I wonder if she will be skating in the team event... like Shoma, Kaori seems to do better when she competes more, not less, so I hope if Japan makes the free that they will put her in for it. Japan is a loooooong shot for a team medal, so I think Kaori could potentially benefit from having that be her first outing on Olympic ice where the pressure is lower.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I wonder if she will be skating in the team event... like Shoma, Kaori seems to do better when she competes more, not less, so I hope if Japan makes the free that they will put her in for it. Japan is a loooooong shot for a team medal, so I think Kaori could potentially benefit from having that be her first outing on Olympic ice where the pressure is lower.

This is from Japanese news on Feb 4th: http://www.sanspo.com/pyeongchang2018/news/20180204/pye18020405040004-n2.html

They reported that, quoting from relevant personnel, it will probably be Satoko skating to SP and Kaori FS for the event. So far Kaori has been to Korea and Satoko was still in Japan (as she had a media day yesterday at her home arena in Japan).

Cassidy

Spectator
Hi! Me and some friends made a fan group for Kaori in Facebook. It's an English and Japanese language group.
We are trying to gather members before she competes in Olys so do join us if you have a Facebook account.
You can find us by searching 'KAOISM / Kaori Sakamoto Fan Group' in Facebook. Thanks for considering in advance.
If this post is inappropriate, admins/mods plz go ahead and delete. :bow:

Alifyre

On the Ice
Some updates on Kaori since the games have begun:

Kaori arrived early to PC to avoid the flu that was going around in Japan and was enjoying having a lot of practice time. Per Jackie Wong's reports, she's had a touch of problems with her flip, but her practices have been going well overall. However, since other skaters have started showing up, she was getting max 40 minutes of ice time a day, so the fed has sent her to Seoul where they have another rink booked for her to train ahead of the team free. So glad to see the federation stepping in on her behalf to get her the best shot possible! I think they're realizing she's their shot at the individual medal. Hopefully Japan makes the team free so Kaori can have a chance to bump her PCS up ahead of the individual!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Kaori's skating tonight!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glad to see her getting good opportunities like training time and facilities in Seoul. Good call, JSF :love:

Alifyre

On the Ice
Kaori's skating tonight!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glad to see her getting good opportunities like training time and facilities in Seoul. Good call, JSF :love:

Omg it's tonight? Thank goodness you posted this, for some reason I had in my head that the free skate was tomorrow, I would have missed it! I can't wait for the world to see Kaori's Amelie!!

I think this is a great opportunity for Kaori, I hope she does so so so well. Putting out a solid skate here could really push up her scores going in to fight for that individual Olympic bronze. Unfortunately for Satoko, I think last night's scores sent a clear message that she's not going to be contending for a medal, so the JSF should be doing everything it can to make sure Kaori has all the support she needs and more to get themselves a spot on that podium. I believe she can do it!!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Omg it's tonight? Thank goodness you posted this, for some reason I had in my head that the free skate was tomorrow, I would have missed it! I can't wait for the world to see Kaori's Amelie!!

I think this is a great opportunity for Kaori, I hope she does so so so well. Putting out a solid skate here could really push up her scores going in to fight for that individual Olympic bronze. Unfortunately for Satoko, I think last night's scores sent a clear message that she's not going to be contending for a medal, so the JSF should be doing everything it can to make sure Kaori has all the support she needs and more to get themselves a spot on that podium. I believe she can do it!!

Yes, the schedule is really confusing because of the time difference. My physical therapist asked me on Friday afternoon if I was going to watch that night, to which I said "there's skating tonight?"
Turns out she meant the men and pairs team SP, which was Thursday night in the US...

I too believe in Kaori! I'm ready for our Evgenia-Alina-Kaori podium. I think I'd die of happiness if that happened.

dna5019

Final Flight
I'm looking forward to seeing Kaori's charming smile tonight. :biggrin: Good luck, Kaori! :clapper:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I will fight my family hard to let them let me watch :biggrin: they're not very big into skating and think it's a waste of time
if only they saw Kaori....

Alifyre

On the Ice
I will fight my family hard to let them let me watch :biggrin: they're not very big into skating and think it's a waste of time
if only they saw Kaori....

I'm making my family watch Kaori skate tonight and I'm not even at home haha. My parents have been watching skating and texting me their thoughts from home as I watch the streams in my apartment at uni. I can't wait to see what they think of her. Maybe if you made your family watch her they'd change their mind!!

Azikin

Medalist
Unfortunately her performance wasn't nearly as good as at 4 Continents.. well the more important competition is in a few days, so there's hope she will be stronger.. :hap10::cheer2:

thoakun

Final Flight
I've watched a fluff piece of Kaori before she headed for Pyeongchang. . The sheer number of reporters present at her training session is intimidating :drama:. There wasn't anything new, but there was a clip showing her saying at the age of 14 that she wanted to win OGM, and the fluff ended with her making an origami of a gold medal. I hope she would deliver the final 2 performances the way she wanted and I believe she has the goods to achieve that big goal in the future.