Kaori Sakamoto | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Kaori Sakamoto

Alifyre

On the Ice
Congratulations to Kaori for making the final flight! She has a chance at a bronze yet! :yahoo:

Proxy

On the Ice
Hey this girl was the real deal tonight. Her skate was the only one that was actually enjoyable to watch. She showed some real flare!

sylveonzoroark

Rinkside
Just dropping in to say that Kaori's skate was beautiful! I hadn't paid her much attention before, but her performance was probably my favorite of the night.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Congratulations Kaori-chan. I love her skating, her speed and her huge airy jumps. She's in a perfect position, I think, for the Free Skate.
Have fun out there Kaori.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
So happy for Kaori to get a PB! And I'm particularly happy as I read this comment from the legendary D. Button (on his twitter):

Dick Button@PushDicksButton

'Sakamoto Elegant and secure jumps were great'

Kaori has not really been known for being elegant (personally I think she still has lots to improve in that respect). But she has executed every element in the SP quite well this time and she deserves that complement! (And R. Benoit's choreography really works for Kaori!)

Skating 21st in FS (3rd in final group), she's in a good position to move forward! Good luck, Kao!!

Proxy

On the Ice
Speaking of Dick Button, he said "is there any difference between any of these skaters?" hahaha...

Kaori is one of the very few exceptions in this era of ladies.

Alifyre

On the Ice
So happy for Kaori to get a PB! And I'm particularly happy as I read this comment from the legendary D. Button (on his twitter):

Dick Button@PushDicksButton

'Sakamoto Elegant and secure jumps were great'

Kaori has not really been known for being elegant (personally I think she still has lots to improve in that respect). But she has executed every element in the SP quite well this time and she deserves that complement! (And R. Benoit's choreography really works for Kaori!)

Skating 21st in FS (3rd in final group), she's in a good position to move forward! Good luck, Kao!!

While I agree that it may not be the most accurate term for her, I'm fine that Kaori isn't "elegant." I feel like the push in ladies skating is always towards "elegance" and "delicacy" and some sort of typical feminine standard of "beauty," which is exactly what makes it so hard to find stylistically standout skaters. I really like that Kaori isn't exactly elegant, but rather goes at her own pace with her own style. While this SP might not highlight her distinctiveness well, I think there is still a lot of her unique type of musicality that comes through. It's one of the reasons I like her free skate so much -- it's so different from what so many other of the girls are doing in terms of style.

starla16

Medalist
I Kaori takes a medal, I'd say she has far more consistent FS than Satoko. Osmond is now in Karolina moment, sandwiched in between so anything can happen.

stormblade

Rinkside
I Kaori takes a medal, I'd say she has far more consistent FS than Satoko. Osmond is now in Karolina moment, sandwiched in between so anything can happen.

I'd say her chances of taking bronze are pretty good. Satoko is more consistent but her BV is lower than Kaori's (not to mention she is also skating first, which is also not ideal for her)and remains forever at the mercy of the technical panel. Caro and Osmond are unfortunately messes in the FS so if they mess up badly, the path is clear for Kaori. Medaling at her Olympic debut would certainly be an amazing feat! She's had quite the dream senior debut season.

starla16

Medalist
I'd say her chances of taking bronze are pretty good. Satoko is more consistent but her BV is lower than Kaori's (not to mention she is also skating first, which is also not ideal for her)and remains forever at the mercy of the technical panel. Caro and Osmond are unfortunately messes in the FS so if they mess up badly, the path is clear for Kaori. Medaling at her Olympic debut would certainly be an amazing feat! She's had quite the dream senior debut season.

doesn't Kaori have the second highest BV.

Alifyre

On the Ice
According to Jackie Wong's twitter Kaori had a clean solid run through of her free skate today! Hopefully she can pull it all together tomorrow. I read an article translation on facebook on how Mai called Kaori after the team free because her face had been so tense, and that she'd wanted to make Kaori laugh. I hope Kaori can feel the warm support from her dear friend and all of her fans tomorrow so that she can relax, smile, and just be herself out on the ice tomorrow. If she can do that, a good result is within her grasp.

(The practice notes, in case anyone is interested: Kaori Sakamoto: 2A, 3Lo, 2A, 3S, 2A3T2T, 3F2T, 3F3T, 1Lo, 2Lo, 3F2T, 2A, runthru (3F3T, 3S, 3Lz(e?), 3F2T, 2A3T2T, 3Lo, 2A))

thoakun

Final Flight
She looked relaxed and smiley in the post competition interview. The reporters congratulated her for setting her PB. It's truly impressive how much progress she has made in half a year. Coach Nakano has raised some amazing, well-rounded skaters.

Spinning

On the Ice
She was tense at the beginning. But seeing her smile and her usual chirpy-self back at the end is everything! Good place going to the Freeskate. Good luck tomorrow Kaori! :yahoo:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I'm looking forward to a magical skate from Kaori. Her LP music is one of my favorites ever. :love: