Yuna Shiraiwa | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuna Shiraiwa

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Yuna is debuting as a senior next season. She recieved two grand prixs! best of luck. She was one of my favorite juniors :)

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm glad she got 2 assignments! Can't wait to see her debut

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yuna has her first GP assignment at NHK this weekend! Good luck :cheer:

klutzonice

Rinkside
Good luck to Yuna! I loooooove her music choices this season, can't wait to see her programs again :)

medoroa

On the Ice
I believe that later this month, Yuna will be competing at the Japanese inter-high school championship (along with Kokoro Iwamoto -- I didn't recognize any other prominent names in my quick skim of the loooong list of skaters, but I might have missed some). I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have any experience streaming this event? J-sports is showing it on demand in early February, but it's geo blocked, and I haven't been able to find much old footage on youtube.

Mai Mihara won last year and I think Yuna has a very good shot at becoming the top HS skater in Japan. :)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I believe that later this month, Yuna will be competing at the Japanese inter-high school championship (along with Kokoro Iwamoto -- I didn't recognize any other prominent names in my quick skim of the loooong list of skaters, but I might have missed some). I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have any experience streaming this event? J-sports is showing it on demand in early February, but it's geo blocked, and I haven't been able to find much old footage on youtube.

Mai Mihara won last year and I think Yuna has a very good shot at becoming the top HS skater in Japan. :)

The numbers of participants are...indeed quite long: 152 ladies' skaters :eek:
https://67skate.jp/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%82%AE%E3%83%A5%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E7%AB%B6%E6%8A%80%E5%87%BA%E5%A0%B4%E9%81%B8%E6%89%8B%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88.pdf (entry list in Japanese)

Unfortunately, I don't think this domestic event will have live streaming at all (doing live for 152 skaters would be crazy, don't you think?). It seems they will be divided into 3 groups for 1st round (probably to skate through SP), and perhaps top 24 will advance to FS or something like that. If you want live score reports, it will be more likely that some local FS fans will be there to tweet the results via twitter.

(Adding: it seems Yuna will be the only skater who had been to GP competitions (not JGP), although Mai and Kaori are both on the list, but the timing of the competition actually overlaps with 4CC so both won't be there.)

medoroa

On the Ice
The numbers of participants are...indeed quite long: 152 ladies' skaters :eek:
https://67skate.jp/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%82%AE%E3%83%A5%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E7%AB%B6%E6%8A%80%E5%87%BA%E5%A0%B4%E9%81%B8%E6%89%8B%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88.pdf (entry list in Japanese)

Unfortunately, I don't think this domestic event will have live streaming at all (doing live for 152 skaters would be crazy, don't you think?). It seems they will be divided into 3 groups for 1st round (probably to skate through SP), and perhaps top 24 will advance to FS or something like that. If you want live score reports, it will be more likely that some local FS fans will be there to tweet the results via twitter.

(Adding: it seems Yuna will be the only skater who had been to GP competitions (not JGP), although Mai and Kaori are both on the list, but the timing of the competition actually overlaps with 4CC so both won't be there.)

It's a VERY long list! I got all cross-eyed and didn't even notice Sakamoto and Mihara, but you're probably right they won't go. I was a bit surprised Marin Honda isn't on the list, actually.

According to the schedule they seem to have qualification rounds and my guess is J-sports will only broadcast the top skaters who make it to the competition proper. I'll just have to keep an eye out for any youtube uploads in February. :) Shiraiwa's programs this season are my favorites of the ladies and I'd really like to see her skate both clean before the season is over!

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Those photos are great! Thanks for sharing :)

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Hey! Just wanted to boost this thread up.

Yuna had a disappointing debut season but it was a great sign that she went for the lutz-loop at CDP.
It was downgraded but she has landed plenty of clean ones in practice! She will need to improve her form this summer and work hard hard hard but her skating skills, grace, and jumping skills will take her to her goals if she does.

I hope Yuna can get two GP's next season again and some great new programs. I believe in her!

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I hope Yuna can get two GP's next season again and some great new programs. I believe in her!

I hope that too :(, I really liked her programs this season and also her personality <3, now with Marin changing coach for next season maybe Mie Hamada will concentrate more in her to develop more her consistent, you can do it Yuna! believe in yourself!

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I'm very happy because Yuna got a spot for the next season at GP Finland :D, looking forward to see how she improves her skating <3, it will be super see again her beautiful smile at the grand prix

cinnamon

On the Ice
Although Yuna skated beautifully to her LP on Asian Open and won Silver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mempDaq8tqE
her SP program was not good.
I've been thinking why they can't give her a good program?
Maybe she needs a different choreographer?
She is such a strong jumper. All what she needs is a good program.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Good luck Yuna in Helsinki!!! I love your programs, the short is so funny and the long so beautiful, I know you can do it! do your best! I wish you a medal :pray:, is not imposible

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
She did quite well! I really think she deserved a medal, and the announcers did too.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I must say I was really surprised when her tech score dropped. I liked her program more than Kaori's yesterday.