Roman Sadovsky | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Roman Sadovsky

sneakers

Match Penalty
As of Sunday, Roman has switched coaches and is now with Brian Orser.

hmm maybe Nam is having issues ?
this could be a great move by Roman and he could become Canada's future leading male singles skater

JuliaHols

On the Ice
hmm maybe Nam is having issues ?
this could be a great move by Roman and he could become Canada's future leading male singles skater

YES YES YES!!!! YASSSSSSSS!:hap93: So happy for him!:dance3: Hopefully it'll do him good, especially after he stops growing. Although I thought I read somewhere that Brian Orser isn't taking in any more new students cause he has got his hands full on Yuzuru, Javier and Nam? Oh well, this will really do his jumps good since they are really the major reason for his sub par performances although I really feel that he skates with his heart like Elena but not Elena level:biggrin:

Really looking forward to his move up to seniors (whenever that is) cause he's my favourite Junior Male skater besides Sota :agree2:

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Also, he can't be training with Orser yet right? cause Orser's in World Juniors with all his students.
So has the switch already happened or has he only decided to switch? Has Orser approved?

liv

Record Breaker
Good news for him, but isn't the stable getting kind of full? Well, more internal competition for Nam will do him good too...

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Any news on the switching to Brian Orser thing? Hope it didn't have anything to do with Nam....also, is gonna turn senior next season? He's already been in the Junior circuit for 2 seasons so...?

ajdesasha

Spectator
Since no one has replied, I will say that as far as I can see, it's still just a rumor. I haven't see him, Brian or TCC, Skate Canada, or ISU confirm it in any way. But he hasn't competed since the rumor began, so it's hard to know. I would guess we'd get some confirmation once serious TCC starts up again during the off season.

The lack of confirmation worries me (as someone who really supports the move) though. The only support I've seen of it is he has followed several TCC skaters on social media in the past few weeks. That could just be a coincidence though. It's mostly just wait and see.

I could have sworn his (old?) coaches said he would do one more year in juniors, but I could be mixing up what they said during the 2014-2015 season. And, either way, if the Orser rumor is true, it could change whether or not he's going senior this year.

loretta007

Rinkside
There is no point to move up to seniors if he can't get any Sr grand prix assignment (plus his national ranking is not good either). Canadian Sr men are getting better now with Nicolas and Kevin coming back but the Jr men are not so impressive except Roman. I don't think Skate Canada would want to push Roman to the Sr field right now.

Pretty sure he has moved to TCC as someone has already seen him training there last month just not sure who the coach is. I heard from another forum that it would be among Brian, Lee or Ghislain.

ajdesasha

Spectator
I have to confess, I can't tell that's him either. They're so far in the back. But either way, I think the evidence definitely points to the TCC rumor being true.

vintagefigureskater

On the Ice
Roman is going to compete at Skate Detroit again this July. His coaches are listed as Brian Orser and Lee Barkell. Can't wait to see how he does!

Thanks to everyone who has posted videos. Very cute exhibition number! :) And that's definitely him in the video with Gabby. Looks like he's working on a quad toe. :yay: There's a little more of him earlier in the clip too.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Roman is going to compete at Skate Detroit again this July. His coaches are listed as Brian Orser and Lee Barkell. Can't wait to see how he does!

Thanks to everyone who has posted videos. Very cute exhibition number! :) And that's definitely him in the video with Gabby. Looks like he's working on a quad toe. :yay: There's a little more of him earlier in the clip too.

I hope Roman can have a good season this year! I'm assuming he'll return to JGP? He doesn't even turn 17 for another week so while he has been at the senior level nationally for a while, I would think JGP would be the best option for him. If he went senior he could maybe get 1 GP but it wouldn't be a sure thing. He could also do senior Bs and the JGP like Aliev, Vasiljevs, and Samohin did last season. I hope he stops growing soon, I saw this picture of him with Nathan Chen at the JGPF :shocked: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/87/1f/e6/871fe6f0bb4a987ea0c20d06a0613b5d.jpg and there is no way he's 5'8" anymore (Chen is 5'5" and his hair is giving him a boost). Hope Orser and Barkell can help with his jump consistency! He's really nice to watch, his skating style reminds me of Jeremy Abbott and Joshua Farris, very smooth and lyrical. Any news on programs for the new season?

loretta007

Rinkside
I hope Roman can have a good season this year! I'm assuming he'll return to JGP? He doesn't even turn 17 for another week so while he has been at the senior level nationally for a while, I would think JGP would be the best option for him. If he went senior he could maybe get 1 GP but it wouldn't be a sure thing. He could also do senior Bs and the JGP like Aliev, Vasiljevs, and Samohin did last season. I hope he stops growing soon, I saw this picture of him with Nathan Chen at the JGPF :shocked: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/87/1f/e6/871fe6f0bb4a987ea0c20d06a0613b5d.jpg and there is no way he's 5'8" anymore (Chen is 5'5" and his hair is giving him a boost). Hope Orser and Barkell can help with his jump consistency! He's really nice to watch, his skating style reminds me of Jeremy Abbott and Joshua Farris, very smooth and lyrical. Any news on programs for the new season?

I just heard that the choreography of his new program was completed yesterday which I assume should be the short program? It was quoted as a 'contemporary' program:scratch2: And he changed his choreographer too. So it will no longer be Mark Pillay, probably one of those choreographers at the Cricket club? I honestly hope it is not some pop song with vocal though.:drama:

vintagefigureskater

On the Ice
Likely is the SP. To date he's kept his programs for 2 years, so it's time for a new SP. I'm glad to hear it's to a contemporary piece, hopefully one that's more upbeat. Since it was done by a CC choreographer, maybe he had a chance to work with his hero Jeff Buttle? That would be such a big thrill for him! :biggrin:

seabm7

Final Flight
Likely is the SP. To date he's kept his programs for 2 years, so it's time for a new SP. I'm glad to hear it's to a contemporary piece, hopefully one that's more upbeat. Since it was done by a CC choreographer, maybe he had a chance to work with his hero Jeff Buttle? That would be such a big thrill for him! :biggrin:

Buttle had been busy with three Stars on Ice choreography and tours for last two months. So it would not have been possible for him to be physically at TCC (or Toronto) at the same time. :con3:

Last edited:

JuliaHols

On the Ice
YESSS can't wait to see his short.
Does anyone know if he is skating in any ice show? Or is the first time we'll get to see his new program at Skate Detroit?
I hope he shows it at an ice show, i really can't wait for July it's just too far away