Results 2,561 to 2,568 of 2568

Thread: Deniss Vasiljevs

Tripping on the Podium DenissVFan's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    It's beautiful

When will we see the other programme?

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by icetug View Post
    The "Bloodstream" from FaoI in Kobe - full version.
    There is an obvious placeholder after first jump for a combination (however Deniss holding his position for some time is such a pleasure for eyes...). Spins are inventive and simply beautiful (I still remember Stephane's opinion on spins nowadays ). It's going to be a perfect program.
    I love it. That spin, the step sequence and his jumps were good.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ime View Post
    The 3T confuses me a little bit......it that implies that he is planning to add 4T in his sp?
    I'm sure he is. That's what he planned last season. Believe this season he nails it.

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Incredibly hot weather makes me watching FS (as I can imagine I'm at a rink - and it helps me to survive the heat ). And I found this - and can't stop laughing. How enthusiastic Deniss is, that's a bit dangerous . Poor Nobu

Medalist

4 Not allowed!
    I love "Bloodstream" already!

I wonder if "Two Men in Love" is a Yuri on Ice tribute (I'm surprised there haven't been more of them by now!) or something personal (either for him or a friend or whatever) or something else entirely. Whatever the inspiration, I'm sure it'll be great, and I want to see it soon!

Tripping on the Podium

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DenissVFan View Post
    It's beautiful

When will we see the other programme?
    Team Champery is going to present programs for the next season on July 27th and August 3rd at the show open to the public. That's quite new idea and I like it very much .

Tripping on the Podium DenissVFan's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by icetug View Post
    Team Champery is going to present programs for the next season on July 27th and August 3rd at the show open to the public. That's quite new idea and I like it very much .
    That's great! Can't wait

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Just leaving the interview here, believing a Japanese speaking fan translate it
    https://images-fe.ssl-images-amazon....mazon_0612.pdf

Hi, I'm not proficient in English but I hope my translation is better than google translation.

(D: Deniss, S: Stéphane, K: Koshiro)
    - Does Koshiro get scolded by coach Stephane sometimes?
    K: I don’t get scolded. When I’m struggling doing something, he gives me detailed instructions to help me work on the issue until I can do it.
    S: I observe my students and sometimes I feel “He seems to be in such a mood that I’d better not push him too hard today.” It is when his energy halted completely, so I gently encourage him or nudge him a little bit. Sometimes it helps spark a fire in him and he starts doing well.
    D: When I was feeling down…
    S: There are times when I give him a push just a little bit, and with the first push he goes “Oh yeah, I can do it.” But it is very difficult to find the right timing to push him. On the other hand, sometimes it works best leaving him alone. My mentor Peter Grütter used to say this all the time “You have to always ask yourself whether you are keeping the right balance.” It is important to strike a fine balance regarding not only how long I should wait and see my students but also how much I should push them. The same can be said about our lives.
    - So the secret of successful coaching is not just being a family.
    S: We are family, coworkers and everything. It is important to keep a good balance.
    K: I did not know that you learned that from Peter.
    S: Yes I did. He always told me “It’s important to have a sense of balance.”In French it is called “dosage.” Each seasoning has to be perfectly proportionate to each other in completing a recipe. If you add too much sugar and too little salt, the dish will not come out tasty. You have to add the right amount of each to create a delicately balanced whole. In order to achieve this you need to accumulate a great deal of experiences.
    --END
    If anyone wants translation of interviews with other skaters on the linked pages, feel free to PM me.

Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119120121122123124125126127128129