Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 129 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

icetug

Medalist
Incredibly hot weather makes me watching FS (as I can imagine I'm at a rink - and it helps me to survive the heat ;)). And I found this - and can't stop laughing. How enthusiastic Deniss is, that's a bit dangerous :laugh:. Poor Nobu :laugh2:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I love "Bloodstream" already! :love:

I wonder if "Two Men in Love" is a Yuri on Ice tribute (I'm surprised there haven't been more of them by now!) or something personal (either for him or a friend or whatever) or something else entirely. Whatever the inspiration, I'm sure it'll be great, and I want to see it soon! :biggrin:

rRainbow

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Just leaving the interview here, believing a Japanese speaking fan translate it
https://images-fe.ssl-images-amazon...nload/YMTKS_QuadrupleAxel2019_Amazon_0612.pdf

Hi, I'm not proficient in English but I hope my translation is better than google translation.

(D: Deniss, S: Stéphane, K: Koshiro)
- Does Koshiro get scolded by coach Stephane sometimes?
K: I don’t get scolded. When I’m struggling doing something, he gives me detailed instructions to help me work on the issue until I can do it.
S: I observe my students and sometimes I feel “He seems to be in such a mood that I’d better not push him too hard today.” It is when his energy halted completely, so I gently encourage him or nudge him a little bit. Sometimes it helps spark a fire in him and he starts doing well.
D: When I was feeling down…
S: There are times when I give him a push just a little bit, and with the first push he goes “Oh yeah, I can do it.” But it is very difficult to find the right timing to push him. On the other hand, sometimes it works best leaving him alone. My mentor Peter Grütter used to say this all the time “You have to always ask yourself whether you are keeping the right balance.” It is important to strike a fine balance regarding not only how long I should wait and see my students but also how much I should push them. The same can be said about our lives.
- So the secret of successful coaching is not just being a family.
S: We are family, coworkers and everything. It is important to keep a good balance.
K: I did not know that you learned that from Peter.
S: Yes I did. He always told me “It’s important to have a sense of balance.”In French it is called “dosage.” Each seasoning has to be perfectly proportionate to each other in completing a recipe. If you add too much sugar and too little salt, the dish will not come out tasty. You have to add the right amount of each to create a delicately balanced whole. In order to achieve this you need to accumulate a great deal of experiences.
--END
If anyone wants translation of interviews with other skaters on the linked pages, feel free to PM me.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Stephane is in Japan, reheasing for the Kabuki on Ice show later this month (Hyo-En). So I suppose he is accompanying his coach.

ruga

Final Flight
But isn't Hyoen in Yokohama and Howa Sports Land in Nagoya? Maybe he is with some local coaches then.

lina4et

Rinkside
But isn't Hyoen in Yohohama and Howa Sports Land in Nagoya? Maybe he is with some local coaches then.

No, Stephane is not in Yokohama right now. He ended having a camp with the Japanese team in Nagoya yesterday, so obviously Deniss joined him.

icetug

Medalist
Thanks to Oliver Praetorius who takes part in 3S camp we know that Ghislaine Briand is in Champery. If you can, see his instastory with very happy Deniss :) https://www.instagram.com/p/B0bqBHahXsZ/?igshid=1cz1095wpjvol
Today Deniss skated Bloodstream during the open show. So it will definitely be his SP next season.

Edit:
Skating School of Switzerland instagram shares a picture (in three parts) of all the 3S camp participants and coaches. Guess where is Deniss :laugh:

Photos from Oliver's instastory: https://twitter.com/dailysatton/status/1155207168347521024

More photos from Jonathan Egyptson Ig: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0bo7KsovpL/

Edit 2:
It seems that SP hasn't been chosen yet and next weekend Deniss will skate "Two men in love" as alternative SP (while FS is apparently not ready).

icetug

Medalist
Satoko published two new chapters of her blog, one about training at 3S camp, one about her social life at Champery. A lot of photos, including a dinner they cooked with Deniss (and which looks so yummy: curry, buckwheat, cauliflower? salad :thumbsup:) and a blueberry pie he baked, and a colouring page Deniss drew for her to colour (seems she liked it very much as she bought coloured pencils and a colouring book at the airport on the way home :)).

icetug

Medalist
Happy birthday, wonderful Lion on Ice!
:hb::party2::party2::party2:
May your deepest hopes and dreams come true.
Stay healthy and good luck on your way!

Hope Deniss has a wonderful birthday as he celebrates it with his family and friends in Daugavpils :)
Photos and videos thanks to Jelena: 1., 2., 3, 4., 5., 6.