Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 133 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

icetug

Medalist
Team Champery at Japan Open :agree:

Deniss' JO performance on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=zQyYjpiQW9M

Really solid perfomance, TES 67.51, PCS 79.14, 146.65 overall (protocols). And this time 3As were his best jumps - especially his 3A+3T was beautiful :clap: Good he decided to go for 4T, however twofooted and downgraded, but he has to try put it into performance. Seems he was tired towards the end, as he made a rare mistake on 3F and ur 3Lz.

Deniss reaction on Sasha's scores (they had a lot of chatting :)) and team Europe reaction on gold :clapper:.

DenissVFan

Medalist
It was much better than last year! :) Things seem to be looking up. He's even landed 4 triple axels in a row across his both FSs so far.

Deniss should invite Sasha to Champery for a bake off since she also likes baking ;)

icetug

Medalist
Deniss performed TMiL at Carnival on Ice - judging from his costume at opening, as only part of performances was shown on broadcast today...

He was obviously sleepy during JO, had dark circles under eyes and was yawning just before Sasha's scores appeared :laugh: They started the event at 6 am according to CET so probably he had to get up at 2. The Skate Canada men's skating is going to be held in the middle of the night from the central European point of view (2.30 am or sth like this). I hope Deniss is able to deal seamlessly with the time zone changes :pray:.

DenissVFan

Medalist
So sad that Deniss's performance wasn't shown :/ Hopefully he's invited to many galas this season so that we can see both TMIL and Bloodstream.

icetug

Medalist
Happy European team! The boys are grateful to the girls! They deserve it.:hap10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXqt5I8w8Oo&feature=youtu.be

It's hilarious how Deniss is always unsure what his scores mean. Usually he asks Stephane, this time Alina was to answer his question "It's good, isn't it?" :laugh:

And he nodded when Sasha told she wanted to get 100 TES, but actually I'm not sure if he really understood her - he was so surprised seeing her overall scores. Definitely not a points-collector type ;)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's hilarious how Deniss is always unsure what his scores mean. Usually he asks Stephane, this time Alina was to answer his question "It's good, isn't it?" :laugh:

And he nodded when Sasha told she wanted to get 100 TES, but actually I'm not sure if he really understood her - he was so surprised seeing her overall scores. Definitely not a points-collector type ;)

If I was in a team event, I would want Deniss on my team. His enthusiasm and smile are worth everything. :)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Today in a totally non-figure skating context I met some people from Latvia and I told them I am a fan of Deniss. It turned out they are from the same city and he was a classmate of the sister of one of them. The world is really small ;)

icetug

Medalist
Deniss is back in the kitchen in his new insta story ;)

Let's get ready to keep our fingers crossed again! :cheer2:

So Deniss prepared a special weapon for Skate Canada to get power at night when he is supposed to skate ;)
Seriously, it's a nightmare alike last Olympics: Kelowna is in the minus 9 hours time zone :disapp: and I really don't know what to do to watch a stream and stay alive :drama:.

Anyway, tomorrow is the first practice, Deniss is in the first group together with Yuzuru, what means a possibility of some pictures/video with Deniss in the background :laugh:.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
So Deniss prepared a special weapon for Skate Canada to get power at night when he is supposed to skate ;)
Seriously, it's a nightmare alike last Olympics: Kelowna is in the minus 9 hours time zone :disapp: and I really don't know what to do to watch a stream and stay alive :drama:.

Anyway, tomorrow is the first practice, Deniss is in the first group together with Yuzuru, what means a possibility of some pictures/video with Deniss in the background :laugh:.

Time will change in Europe one week earlier than N. America this year. The hour difference will be "only" 8hrs instead of 9 on the Saturday night for Free. Which means the comp. will start at 02:30 CET. I am more of a night owl and my threshold is somewhere between 3-4, so I am pretty sure I will manage :biggrin:

icetug

Medalist
Any practice reports?

I've seen the stream from the first practice, SP TMiL run-through, great spins, no jumps. Ted told a lot of nice words about Deniss' spins and flexibility :)

Edit:
planned content:
SP (exactly as we've seen) 3F+3T, 3A, 3Lz
FS (how it should have been twice ;)) 3A+3T, 4T, 3Lo+2T, 3A, 3Lz+Eu+3S, 3F, 3Lz
Fingers crossed for landing them all as they are planned.