2015 Denkova-Staviski Cup 20-25 Oct General Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Denkova-Staviski Cup 20-25 Oct General Chat

The Finn

Record Breaker
There are some really interesting skaters at the Juniors/Novice competition.

Elizaveta NUGUMANOVA
Alisa LOZKO
Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA
SHPILEVAYA/SMIRNOV

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No stream yet. The Junior Men started at 4am.

Drat! When I looked at the schedule an hour ago, I could have sworn it said that it was starting 30 minutes later, i.e. NOW!!!

So, I've been occupying myself watching videos from last weekend's Challenger event.

Still no sign of the stream springing into life, so I'll keep watching videos from Mordovia, and checking the livestream in between.

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good luck Brooklee!

Is there a schedule?

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Good luck Brooklee!

Is there a schedule?

Well, not a detailed one, as far as I know. I'm just going by the schedule at the bottom of the Entries / Results Pages that matmuh posted above.

But, if anybody does know where to find the detailed schedules for any of the segments, it would be much appreciated! (Now that the Junior GP Series is over, the ISU Reporter Twitter account seems to have closed down without any warning! :mad: All I have been getting the past few days is a "Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!" error message :bang: )

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
But, if anybody does know where to find the detailed schedules for any of the segments, it would be much appreciated! (Now that the Junior GP Series is over, the ISU Reporter Twitter account seems to have closed down without any warning! :mad: All I have been getting the past few days is a "Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!" error message :bang: )

CaroLiza_fan

they changed their handle (as they said at their tweet) @ISU_Figure but there isnt any info about this competition

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Thank you, matmuh. I didn't know they had relocated.

Yes, that is a nicer snappier address. BUT, they could have publicised the change a lot more! Or at least have had the old address re-directing to it for those of use that didn't hear about the change...

Anyway, this inactive livestream is really starting to annoy me. :mad: I really hope they get it sorted by the time the Advanced Novice Girls come on. I really want to see Liza Nugumanova in an actual competition!!!

(Although, now that I look at the schedule, I see that they don't have their SP until Saturday. So, you would like to think that it will be sorted by then... :rolleye: )

But, I bet you are raging that the Turkish boys have already been on, and you didn't get to see them. Oh, well. At least there is 6 hours to go until the Turkish girls come on. Hopefully the streaming will be sorted by then...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks guys, I've figured it out now. Brooklee will skate just after midnight tonight for me...maybe I will sacrifice a little sleep! Free skate at a MUCH better hour tomorrow.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
But, I bet you are raging that the Turkish boys have already been on, and you didn't get to see them. Oh, well. At least there is 6 hours to go until the Turkish girls come on. Hopefully the streaming will be sorted by then...

CaroLiza_fan

yes, i would have loved to see them since its hard to see this many Turkish skater at competitions but i hope they will at least upload videos at their YT Channel
btw looking at the live results they didnt do well :hopelessness:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
yes, i would have loved to see them since its hard to see this many Turkish skater at competitions but i hope they will at least upload videos at their YT Channel
btw looking at the live results they didnt do well :hopelessness:

Yeah, I'm hoping the same. And, I too was hoping to see the Turkish skaters in particular, as I always enjoy seeing skaters from countries where figure skating is not a mainstream sport.

I suppose you're right in that both Turkish boys were at the bottom of the field after Group 1. But, apart from the Russian boy who led at the end of Group 1 (Leonid SVIRIDENKO), all the scores from Group 1 are actually very close. So, you never know what could happen in the Free Skates.

Mind you, I think the live scoring has given up the ghost as well, as none of Group 2 have got scores listed. Let's face it, they are bound to be nearly finished the group by now!

(Would it be bad of me to admit that I really wanted to watch Gabriele FRANGIPANI purely to see if he had another hissy fit like he did after his Lombardia FS? Talk about a tantrum! :drama: )

And, apologies for saying you had 6 hours for them to get the livestreaming fixed. I forgot to look at the Senior Entries / Results Page as well. Agafanova / Ucer are competing in the Senior Short Dance, which is due to start in only 20 minutes! :eek: (They are in the 2nd group, so they technicians have a bit of time to get the streaming sorted before they come on...)

But, at least I have already watched them this morning. In the Mordovian FS! :biggrin: (Surprised at them doing 2 competitions in a row, though).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a piece of housekeeping. There is still no livestreaming yet. HOWEVER, there there have been developments on the livescoring/results front.

The Junior Men's SP still only has scores for Group 1.
The Junior Short Dance now has results up.
The Senior Short Dance now has results up.
The Senior Men's SP currently has livescoring!!! :cheer:

So, now that they have the livescoring fixed, hopefully it won't be long until the livestreaming is sorted as well.

CaroLiza_fan

peese

Medalist
Well here we go again! Livestream countdown is done and the event has started. Starting soon says the stream. Pooey!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Friendly reminder that the livestream is probably being run by a volunteer and is almost certainly frustrating them more than it is us. :)