Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Denkova-Staviski Cup 20-25 Oct General Chat

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    There are some really interesting skaters at the Juniors/Novice competition.

Elizaveta NUGUMANOVA
    Alisa LOZKO
    Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA
    SHPILEVAYA/SMIRNOV

0 Not allowed!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChf...fY-K-YQ/videos

Denkova-Staviski Cup 2015 YT channel

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    No stream yet. The Junior Men started at 4am.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by peese View Post
    No stream yet. The Junior Men started at 4am.
    Drat! When I looked at the schedule an hour ago, I could have sworn it said that it was starting 30 minutes later, i.e. NOW!!!

So, I've been occupying myself watching videos from last weekend's Challenger event.

Still no sign of the stream springing into life, so I'll keep watching videos from Mordovia, and checking the livestream in between.

CaroLiza_fan

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck Brooklee!

Is there a schedule?
    Last edited by karne; 10-22-2015 at 03:37 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Good luck Brooklee!

Is there a schedule?
    Well, not a detailed one, as far as I know. I'm just going by the schedule at the bottom of the Entries / Results Pages that matmuh posted above.

But, if anybody does know where to find the detailed schedules for any of the segments, it would be much appreciated! (Now that the Junior GP Series is over, the ISU Reporter Twitter account seems to have closed down without any warning! All I have been getting the past few days is a "Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!" error message )

CaroLiza_fan
    Last edited by CaroLiza_fan; 10-22-2015 at 03:51 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    But, if anybody does know where to find the detailed schedules for any of the segments, it would be much appreciated! (Now that the Junior GP Series is over, the ISU Reporter Twitter account seems to have closed down without any warning! All I have been getting the past few days is a "Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!" error message )

CaroLiza_fan
    they changed their handle (as they said at their tweet) @ISU_Figure but there isnt any info about this competition

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Therevis some kind of live stream that says it is going to begin in a few moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKaTshtdcg

0 Not allowed!
    btw, I have the all the other Denkova threads up now. Sorry to be late

0 Not allowed!
    Half the junior men are done- no video

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    they changed their handle (as they said at their tweet) @ISU_Figure but there isnt any info about this competition
    Thank you, matmuh. I didn't know they had relocated.

Yes, that is a nicer snappier address. BUT, they could have publicised the change a lot more! Or at least have had the old address re-directing to it for those of use that didn't hear about the change...

Anyway, this inactive livestream is really starting to annoy me. I really hope they get it sorted by the time the Advanced Novice Girls come on. I really want to see Liza Nugumanova in an actual competition!!!

(Although, now that I look at the schedule, I see that they don't have their SP until Saturday. So, you would like to think that it will be sorted by then... )

But, I bet you are raging that the Turkish boys have already been on, and you didn't get to see them. Oh, well. At least there is 6 hours to go until the Turkish girls come on. Hopefully the streaming will be sorted by then...

CaroLiza_fan
    Last edited by CaroLiza_fan; 10-22-2015 at 04:24 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Therevis some kind of live stream that says it is going to begin in a few moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKaTshtdcg
    It has been saying that for the past 1h 20m! So, I wouldn't place much weight on that notice...

On the plus side, I am catching up well on the Mordovian Ornament!

CaroLiza_fan

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys, I've figured it out now. Brooklee will skate just after midnight tonight for me...maybe I will sacrifice a little sleep! Free skate at a MUCH better hour tomorrow.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    But, I bet you are raging that the Turkish boys have already been on, and you didn't get to see them. Oh, well. At least there is 6 hours to go until the Turkish girls come on. Hopefully the streaming will be sorted by then...

CaroLiza_fan
    yes, i would have loved to see them since its hard to see this many Turkish skater at competitions but i hope they will at least upload videos at their YT Channel
    btw looking at the live results they didnt do well

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    yes, i would have loved to see them since its hard to see this many Turkish skater at competitions but i hope they will at least upload videos at their YT Channel
    btw looking at the live results they didnt do well
    Yeah, I'm hoping the same. And, I too was hoping to see the Turkish skaters in particular, as I always enjoy seeing skaters from countries where figure skating is not a mainstream sport.

I suppose you're right in that both Turkish boys were at the bottom of the field after Group 1. But, apart from the Russian boy who led at the end of Group 1 (Leonid SVIRIDENKO), all the scores from Group 1 are actually very close. So, you never know what could happen in the Free Skates.

Mind you, I think the live scoring has given up the ghost as well, as none of Group 2 have got scores listed. Let's face it, they are bound to be nearly finished the group by now!

(Would it be bad of me to admit that I really wanted to watch Gabriele FRANGIPANI purely to see if he had another hissy fit like he did after his Lombardia FS? Talk about a tantrum! )

And, apologies for saying you had 6 hours for them to get the livestreaming fixed. I forgot to look at the Senior Entries / Results Page as well. Agafanova / Ucer are competing in the Senior Short Dance, which is due to start in only 20 minutes! (They are in the 2nd group, so they technicians have a bit of time to get the streaming sorted before they come on...)

But, at least I have already watched them this morning. In the Mordovian FS! (Surprised at them doing 2 competitions in a row, though).

CaroLiza_fan

0 Not allowed!
    Just a piece of housekeeping. There is still no livestreaming yet. HOWEVER, there there have been developments on the livescoring/results front.

The Junior Men's SP still only has scores for Group 1.
    The Junior Short Dance now has results up.
    The Senior Short Dance now has results up.
    The Senior Men's SP currently has livescoring!!!

So, now that they have the livescoring fixed, hopefully it won't be long until the livestreaming is sorted as well.

CaroLiza_fan

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Well here we go again! Livestream countdown is done and the event has started. Starting soon says the stream. Pooey!

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    OMG....it's on!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Friendly reminder that the livestream is probably being run by a volunteer and is almost certainly frustrating them more than it is us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12