Any one Follow Days Of Our lives or Passions? | Golden Skate

Any one Follow Days Of Our lives or Passions?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I quit my soap habit when th OJ trial preempted everything and vowed never to waste my time watching them again. In the last year I started watching DOOL again and that has run over to include Passions too. One thing I notice is all of the fantasy thinking scenes. More time is devoted to what the characters imagine than to what actually happens.

As for DOOL, how were all of those folks dead if they are not really dead? This turn in the story line seems to be channeling Fantasy Island.

Passions is just strange! My mother loves the chimp nurse though.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on in these shows?

glow_girl85

Rinkside
DAYS tends to do dream sequences quite often compared to other soaps. this whole serial killer/island storyline confuses me. i watch the show, but i've been bored with it for a while now.
i used to watch Passions but now i only tune in for a few minutes a month, maybe, cuz nothing new ever happens. their storylines last for years!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I started watching Days back in the early 70's when my roomate got me hooked on it. I haven't been a regular watcher for years, and try to keep up with recaps on-line.....(I'm from the Julie, Doug days)........I have kept up with "The Guiding Light" and "As The World Turns" from the mid 60's, though.........42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
My mother and grandmother used to watch "Secret Storm", "Search For Tomorrow", "Guiding Light", and "As The World Turns". When ATTWT's theme song came on we knew it was nap time (to this day I hate naps). My Mother actually named me after the character Patty Tate who was a little girl on SFT when I was born. She was played by an actress named Lynn Loring so mother named me Patti Lynne......I have never forgiven her. The funny thing is that Patty the character and I both became nurses.

When I was a little older they watched all of the NBC soaps, DOOL, "The Doctors", and "Another World", and much later "Texas", and "Santa Barbara". My grandmother never foragave them for canceling Texas. Until the day she died she was sure they would bring it back any day, LOL.

Show, do you remeber who was Julie's father? Mother and i have been trying to remember and can't for the life of us. The other day Sami went to talk to Julie and said "Julie, you used to be a coniving b****................." It was hysterical. I had forgotten how bad she used to be.

Johar

Medalist
Passions--Theresa is still a stalking, psychotic skank but JERk plays her like she's just a girl with dreams.

Stalking is portrayed as normal behavior on that show. If a guy isn't interested do everything you can to win him over. :rolleye:

The mystery of what's in TC's shed was revealed.

Ivy is back with Sam.

Pilar is visitng Paloma in Mexico.

Sheridan is still helpless and dumb unless a man is telling her what to do.

Kay still doesn't have Miguel. He's still is pretty much with Charity after a separation. Charity and Miguel are leaving the show. Characters not being re-cast.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I was surprised to learn that the actor who plays Gwen is Susan Lucci's daughter.

I would like to slap Eve and TC.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Piel, I remember that Julie's mother was Addie, but I'm trying to remember who her father was........I don't know if I ever knew!! I also watched "The Secret Storm", "Search For Tomorrow", and my mom's fav....."Love of Life". I started "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing" from day one and all the way until it was canceled years later. I was so hooked on "As The World Turned", my mother used to audio tape the show (this was of course before VCR's) for me while I was in school so I could at least listen to it when I got home!! 42

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
I wouldn't want Eve as my doctor: she'd put a bandage on the forehead and say, "Nothig more in modern medicine can save her now. All she needs is love."

TC is always guessing wrong: "I know exactly what's going on here...." followed by a completely wrong guess. And he flies into a rage at the drop of a pin. Nobody in public education would be allowed to stay in after all the times he has attacked Jullian.

Liz: Needs a life besides threatening to DESTROY lives. What does she do for money? Stalking and harrassing don't pay money.

Kay: I like her..but she needs to give up trying to snag Miguel. He has told her more than once they will never be a couple. Kay even had his baby and he still wants Charity more...

Ethan: Pathetic loser. Still secretly wants Theresa even though she is a psycho stalker. Gwen deserves better.

Rebecca: Forced Jullian to marry her. The other day she realized she doesn't know what it's like to have real, honest love.

Pilar: Does she ever smile? No good can from from......

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I forgot about "Love of Life".

My all time favorite was "Dark Shadows". I started losing interest when Dr. Julia Hoffman (I think that was her name) started experimenting on Barnabus. The Science network(?) was showing reruns of DS. For some reason it didn't seem at all campy way back then.:D

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Pilar doesn't have much to smile about. She has the children from hell. Miquel and Luis are sweet. Paloma may be even skankier than Theresa.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I still watch ATWT & GL. Also watched Secret Storm, Search For Tomorrow & Edge of Night. Lori Laughlin was on Edge. Actually I listened to GL on the radio before it was on tv.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I also watched The Brighter Day. It was about a minister and his two children played by Hal Holbrook and Lois Nettleton.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
How could I forget the "Edge of Night"......I loved it when some of these soaps went from 15 minutes, to half an hour, then a full hour. It seemed that got as much story line in fifteen as they do now in one hour.........Does anyone remember "Capitol"? That's another one I started in good faith only to watch it canceled years later..............42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Edge of Night...Nancy and Mike Carr? I never watched Capitol but remember it.

Lynn51

Rinkside
Piel,

Julie's dad was Addie's first husband, Ben Olson who was played by Robert Knapp. Ben was the President of the Bank of Salem.

Lynn

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thanks Lynn! I was reading some of the internet sites for Days and was amazed at all of the characters who have been on the show that I had forgotten.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I was never able to watch the soaps in the summer as the kids were home and they were too racy for them to watch. :laugh:
And look at them now.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I am a HUGE Passions fan, have been from the start. I am a big Theresa fan...all the other charcters annoy me, especially Charity and Miguel and Sheridan and Luis....barf!

Charity and Miguel are leaving the show. Characters not being re-cast.

What, thats the first I've hear about this, and I am a loyal Passions website surfer....whats going on?

Johar

Medalist
Molly Stranton and Jessee Metcalf decided not to renew their contracts. They leave sometime in June(our June, not their June, which can lasts anywhere from one day to 6 months)

Kara Bear

Final Flight
And no one is going to replace them? My mind is working overdrive, wandering how they will leave the show.