2015 Ice Challenge 27 Oct - 1 Nov, Graz, Austria | Golden Skate

2015 Ice Challenge 27 Oct - 1 Nov, Graz, Austria

The Finn

Record Breaker

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Well once we enter the challenger events that run through the same dates of GP events I wont expect lots of big names in the rosters. Still Ice Challenge tends to be a very big competition.

Country
Russia
Ladies Entries in order of Personal Best
1 Serafima SAKHANOVICH RUS 191.96
2 Mirai NAGASU USA 190.15
3 Maria ARTEMIEVA RUS 177.21
4 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER 167.72
5 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA 156.64
6 Ivett TOTH HUN 152.18
7 Dasa GRM SLO 150.32
8 Lutricia BOCK GER 148.13
9 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 147.35
10 Kailani CRAINE AUS 147.25
11 Anna DUSKOVA CZE 146.46
12 Tyler PIERCE USA 143.91
13 Sara CASELLA ITA 142.59
14 Gerli LIINAMÄE EST 140.30
15 Camilla GJERSEM NOR 139.35 NEW!
16 Loena HENDRICKX BEL 138.39
17 Elizaveta UKOLOVA CZE 136.72
18 Inga JANULEVICIUTE LTU 128.19
19 Aimee BUCHANAN ISR 116.06
20 Sara FALOTICO ITA 113.64
21 Matilde GIANOCCA SUI 111.65
22 Belinda SCHÖNBERGER AUT 107.33
23 Fruzsina MEDGYESI HUN 106.89
24 Emilia TOIKKANEN FIN 106.60
25 Nina Larissa WOLFSLAST AUT 96.26
26 Nelma HEDE FIN 95.23
27 Christina GRILL AUT 85.12
28 Ines WOHLMUTH AUT 75.59
29 Arijana TIRAK BIH 64.24

WD
Isabelle OLSSON SWE 152.85
Anastasia GALUSTYAN ARM 148.63
Maria-Katharina HERCEG GER 132.27
Niki WORIES NED 115.73
Kristen SPOURS GBR 89.06
Romana KAISER LIE 78.47
Anita KAPFERER AUT 74.98

Sara FALOTICO ITA is very, very exotic. Her Personal Best is from Nebelhorn Trophy 2003 - first competition of New Judging System.
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00003432.htm
And few days ago at Ondrei Nepela Trophy she had about the same score 105.89 http://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads/sutaze/2015_2016/20151001_ont/CAT002RS.HTM

Edited for state at 27 Oct 2015

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Do they ever run out of Dodds to send to these things? :laugh2: It's great to see the Australian federation picking up steam...and it's rather entertaining when there are five of them.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Do they ever run out of Dodds to send to these things? :laugh2: It's great to see the Australian federation picking up steam...and it's rather entertaining when there are five of them.
There are no kangaroos in Austria, but a couple of figure skaters, it's actually a country with a lot of tradition in that sport. :party:

Layback11

Record Breaker
There are no kangaroos in Austria, but a couple of figure skaters, it's actually a country with a lot of tradition in that sport. :party:

Well, can't say I'm surprised...:laugh: It seems like a skating-friendly country. Although the only one I know of right now is Kerstin Frank.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The event is slated to start tomorrow, is there a schedule somewhere?

Good luck to Mirai, Jason, Jordan and Tyler :)

humbaba

Final Flight
I notice there's a Halloween party scheduled for Saturday night after the Gala. Sounds like fun. :dance:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Seems strange for Jason to compete here. He just did Skate America and now he's flying to Europe and back to do this small event?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seems strange for Jason to compete here. He just did Skate America and now he's flying to Europe and back to do this small event?

We discussed the same issue at the Fan Fest when we first learned of it. The practical reason is that Kori is traveling for Jordan, and maybe at the time of scheduling, Tyler. The best speculation was that the component packed program and quad is leading Jason to do a "Tuk" for practice. Some thought it wasn't all that much travel, but it seemed far to me. ;)

ETA: forgot that Alexa & Chris are doing same back to back, so I guess it's not that unusual? Or maybe what US Natl champs do:laugh:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Correction: there's only four Dodds. ;)

And none of them are in Austria at the moment. Clearly there was a change of plans somewhere along the way. ;) Only four weeks til Australian Nationals, after all!

tulosai

Record Breaker
We discussed the same issue at the Fan Fest when we first learned of it. The practical reason is that Kori is traveling for Jordan, and maybe at the time of scheduling, Tyler. The best speculation was that the component packed program and quad is leading Jason to do a "Tuk" for practice. Some thought it wasn't all that much travel, but it seemed far to me. ;)

ETA: forgot that Alexa & Chris are doing same back to back, so I guess it's not that unusual? Or maybe what US Natl champs do:laugh:

I think probably they are trying to give him more mileage on his programs so they can practice the quad. Regarding Alexa and Chris I believe the goal there is to get them more international exposure and hopefully a win to help further build their reputation before their next GP.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

My guess is he's trying to get as much mileage on his new programs-and the quad-as possible before NHK and Nats. Also - doesn't he get world ranking points if he does well here? So if he doesn't place super high at NHK (which is stacked), should he make it to worlds, points gained here will help his placement in the SP start order.