2015 Ice Challenge 27 Oct - 1 Nov, Graz, Austria | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Ice Challenge 27 Oct - 1 Nov, Graz, Austria

TMC

Record Breaker
My guess is he's trying to get as much mileage on his new programs-and the quad-as possible before NHK and Nats. Also - doesn't he get world ranking points if he does well here? So if he doesn't place super high at NHK (which is stacked), should he make it to worlds, points gained here will help his placement in the SP start order.

Yes, he does get points. And he should do well, there's really only Kolyada there to challenge him.

I don't care if he comes last if he does a clean quad :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There's also a loooooong gap between SA and NHK since they bookend each other. So there isn't that much harm to compete, get more feedback and then go back and train for a few weeks for the next GP, which is on the last weekend of November, I think.

cali1079

Rinkside
Is the livestream showing The Leo Scheu Memorial too or just the Ice Challenge? Because right now the Livestream link just goes to a blank page. The junior ladies are supposed to be starting for Leo Scheu very soon.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ice Challenge doesn't start until Thursday, so maybe it's just for that competition?

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw on Instagram yesterday that Kori and Jason were already on a plane to Austria. Hope he's able to get in some sightseeing in the next few days.

NaVi

Medalist
Live stream is currently working for the Leo Scheu Memorial... they were a little bit late.

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Most of Team USA flew over last night and should be there now checked into hotel. Get a day to acclimate and start practice tomorrow

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yes, he does get points. And he should do well, there's really only Kolyada there to challenge him.

Ha ha - well given that no one except Karne predicted that Max would win Skate America, I'm not sure I'd bank on that, though I hope you're correct! ;)

ETA and it would be so great if he could land a beautiful quad for the first time.

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
Hah, the only reason I turned in to watch was because of Konstantinova and they had their camera on the Kiss and Cry for 20-30 seconds of the beginning of the SP... thankfully they got her first combo.

GF2445

Record Breaker

Yes, please. I just want Phil Hersh's mouth sealed with superglue, then stapled together to really make sure he has nothing to say about Jason.
PLEASE land the quad Jason!!! Pretty please

TMC

Record Breaker
Yes, please. I just want Phil Hersh's mouth sealed with superglue, then stapled together to really make sure he has nothing to say about Jason.
PLEASE land the quad Jason!!! Pretty please

:laugh2:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Happy to see that Jordan Moeller is blogging re Ice Challenge for IN:

Up to the Challenge: Moeller checks in from Graz
Midwestern sectional champion chronicles his Ice Challenge experiences

Posted 10/27/15 by Jordan Moeller, special to icenetwork
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/10/27/155694000/

Go, Jordan! :yay:

And go, Mirai and Jason!

(BTW, seems that Jordan and Jason are roommates for this event. :))

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How coincidental that he ran into Mariah at the airport, returning from SA! Wow, Jordan and company had to take three planes to get from Colorado Springs to Graz - that's air travel for ya.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Happy to see that Jordan Moeller is blogging re Ice Challenge for IN:

Up to the Challenge: Moeller checks in from Graz
Midwestern sectional champion chronicles his Ice Challenge experiences

Posted 10/27/15 by Jordan Moeller, special to icenetwork
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/10/27/155694000/

Go, Jordan! :yay:

And go, Mirai and Jason!

(BTW, seems that Jordan and Jason are roommates for this event. :))

Awwwww it seems they don't usually do that. They seem to try to put the singles skaters with pairs/dance skaters I assumed so people are not rooming with the competition. I think it is great these two get along well enough that not only do they want to share a room, but also no one thought it would be a problem.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone remember if when the assignments were made, Tyler was still part of Team KoRo/7k? Don't want to go back in time on threads, I will admit.:p

Also love the tweets from both Jason and Alexa and Chris saluting the outdoor practice rink. Throwback Wednesday!:laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone remember if when the assignments were made, Tyler was still part of Team KoRo/7k? Don't want to go back in time on threads, I will admit.:p ...

Tyler was added on 10/22, according to the USFS assignments page. Although perhaps it is a typo for 9/22? I can't remember whether her name was on the list further back than last week.

In any case, would seem that she already had left 7K?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tyler was added on 10/22, according to the USFS assignments page. Although perhaps it is a typo for 9/22? I can't remember whether her name was on the list further back than last week.

In any case, would seem that she already had left 7K?

Thx, Golden; yes she had left 7k by Glacier Falls, IIRC, so even 9/22 would be after she left. The skaters all seemed to get along, so they should be happy to see each other. Not that Jason isn't happy to see a random stranger crossing the street.:laugh: