2015 US International Figure Skating Classic Men SP and FS | Golden Skate

2015 US International Figure Skating Classic Men SP and FS

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Ice network has a very preliminary schedule listed. No word yet about the Ice Challenge (whether it will happen or not).

Videos and Results Thread
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ssic-Videos-and-Results&p=1220772#post1220772

Scheduled (All Times Eastern) as of 9/14/2015

9/17/2015 7:30pm Pairs Short Program
9/17/2015 8:45pm Men's Short Program
9/18/2015 12:25pm Short Dance
9/18/2015 2:15pm Ladies Short Program
9/18/2015 5:45pm Pairs Free Skate
9/18/2015 7:30pm Men's Free Skate
9/19/2015 6:20pm Ladies Free Skate
9/19/2015 10:15pm Free Dance

ISU Entries/Results
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051634.htm

Junior Results (US Challenge Skate)
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/20554/results.html

Icenetwork Leader Board Results
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/18396/results.html

Men's Free Skate Commentary starts here
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...en-SP-and-FS&p=1236227&viewfull=1#post1236227

Men's Start Order for SP​

StartNameScore
1Alexei BYCHENKO, ISR
2Bela PAPP, FIN
3Leslie IP, HKG
4Lukas KAUGARS, LAT
5Shoma UNO, JPN
6Javier RAYA, ESP
7Keiji TANAKA, JPN
8Christophe BELLEY-LEMELIN, CAN
9Andrew DODDS, AUS
10Ross MINER, USA
11Yaroslav PANIOT, UKR
12Daniel SAMOHIN, ISR
13Jordan DODDS, AUS
14Timothy DOLENSKY, USA
15Carlo Vittorio PALERMO, ITA
16Richard DORNBUSH

]

MEN​
No.NameNation
1Andrew DODDSAUS
SP Empty Chairs at Empty Tables by Josh Groban
FS Warsaw Concerto
2Jordan DODDSAUS
SP TBD
FS TBD
3Brendan KERRY-WithdrewAUS
SP TBD
FS Beethoven's Five Secrets by the Piano Guys
4Christophe BELLEY-LEMELINCAN
SP TBD
FS TBD
5Bela PAPPFIN
SP St. James Infirmary by Hugh Laurier
FS Tango de Roxanne (Medley) performed by Sting
6Leslie IPHKG
SP Dream On by Aerosmith
FS Concerto for Violin and Orchestra Op. 24 Allego non troppo ma passionata by Miklos Rozsa, Chaconne from "The Red Violin" by John Corigliano, Accele rondo finale from "The Red Violin" by John Corigliano
7Alexei BYCHENKOISR
SP "All Alone" by Geir Rönning; choreo by Galit Chait Moracci
FS Les Miserables by Claude-Michel Schoenberg; choreo by Galit Chait Moracci
8Daniel SAMOHINISR
SP Still Loving You by The Scorpions; choreo by Igor Samohin
FS Sherlock Holmes (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer, Sherlock Holmes (soundtrack) by Victor Daskevich; choreo by Igor Samohin
9Carlo Vittorio PALERMOITA
SP TBD; choreo by Lorenzo Magri, David Wilson
FS TBD; choreo by Lorenzo Magri, David Wilson
10Keiji TANAKAJPN
SP Primavera Porteña choreo by Massimo Scali
LP La Traviata choreo by Massimo Scali (keeping from 2014-2015 season)
11Shoma UNOJPN
SP Legends by Sacred Spirit; choreo by Mihoko Higuchi
LP Turandot
12Lukas KAUGARSLAT
SP TBD
FS TBD
13Michael Christian MARTINEZPHI
SP Egmont by Beethoven
LP Romeo and Juliet (version not specified as of yet )
14Javier RAYAESP
SP Saturday Night Fever soundtrack; choreographed by Joey Russell
LP music by Ara Malikian and Fernando Egozcue
15Yaroslav PANIOTUKR
SP Maybe I, Maybe You by Scorpions; choreo by Philipp Mills
FS Interview with the Vampire (soundtrack) by Elliot Goldenthal; choreo by Philipp Mills
16Timothy DOLENSKYUSA
SP Cinema Paradiso song performed by Josh Groban, choreo by Brittney (McConn) Bottoms
LP Orchestral variations on the themes of Chopin by Anže Rozma
17Richard DORNBUSHUSA
SP Come What May (from Moulin Rouge) by David Baerwald
FP Yellow, Viva la Vida by Coldplay
18Ross MINERUSA
SP New York State of Mind by Billy Joel; choreographed by Jamie Isley
LP Who Wants to Live Forever and Too Much Love Will Kill You by Queen; choreographed by Lori Nichol

Last edited by a moderator:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=51325&type=media

US Skaters announced.

Ladies: Karen Chen, Angela Wang
Men: Timothy Dolensky, Richard Dornbush, Ross Miner
Pairs: Marissa Castelli & Mervin Tran, Gretchen Donlan & Nathan Bartholomay, Tarah Kayne & Daniel O’Shea
Ice dance: Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue, Danielle Thomas & Daniel Eaton ...

Thx, laire.

Note:
Alex Johnson has been added to the Team USA roster, per the ISU link.
And Sean Rabbitt :) is listed as a substitute.​

But no other Team USA additions to other disciplines, except for subs:
Mariah Bell for ladies; Pfund/Santillan and Shaughnessy/Morgan for pairs.​

Links to other disciplines are here:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan has withdrawn - a foot problem they want to make sure gets right for Skate America. :(

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Saw Men's and Pairs practice this evening. Both were fun.

I was impressed with both Tanaka and Oma from Japan. I was sure Uno had injured himself with a wonky landing on a 3 axel, but he was smiling later on and landed another great quad so it must just have been the altitude or something. I like Tanaka's free program music - very effective. He didn't do a lot but the choreography make me want to see this program at full force. The Americans looked as expected. Timothy looks ready and his program look more polished than Miner and Dornbush. However, he is still struggling with his 3axel. He has quite broad shoulders - I think that affects his ability to get the harder jumps around. Both Ross and Richard look like this is the first competition of the season.

Pairs was fun. Only 7 pairs competing. I really like Castelli/Tran's free program. As an old Journey fan, I may find myself singing along at full volume. Tran cut his hand (I think) during the run-through and was working like crazy to get a bandage on it so they could continue with the parts they wanted to work on. He was playing around with the hand and the bandage for the rest of the practice. I also liked Kayne/O'Shea's free - I'm glad they chose the Phantom piece with Streisand as the female voice. I wonder if using one piece of music through-out will affect their program component marks. I wasn't as impressed with Donlan/Bartholomay - the Sinatra medley is all signature songs, but I don't think they work as well as they should for skating. One of the men also used Sinatra - much more effectively. None of the pairs looked in mid-season form. All of them have weaknesses that are noticeable. It will be a matter of fewest mistakes wins.

Way easy to get into this competition. I'm quite sure the crowds will be very small. For those watching on Ice Network, the entrance to the rink is at the top of the stands so most people sit at the top and the bottom looks very empty on video. I think we were the only 3 people there just to watch the skating. Everyone else seemed to be there with some official skating connection. I found the lists for novice and junior, but I see they have finally been posted online so I won't do it here.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Saw Men's and Pairs practice this evening. Both were fun.

I was impressed with both Tanaka and Oma from Japan. I was sure Uno had injured himself with a wonky landing on a 3 axel, but he was smiling later on and landed another great quad so it must just have been the altitude or something. I like Tanaka's free program music - very effective. He didn't do a lot but the choreography make me want to see this program at full force. The Americans looked as expected. Timothy looks ready and his program look more polished than Miner and Dornbush. However, he is still struggling with his 3axel. He has quite broad shoulders - I think that affects his ability to get the harder jumps around. Both Ross and Richard look like this is the first competition of the season.

Thanks...what about Daniel Samohin?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Jackie Wong ‏@rockerskating
Alexei Bychenko ISR: 3axel, 4toe, invalid spin (foot down)?, 2(?)flip3toe - triple or double?

charmblade

Final Flight
Shoma has some weird music, they're going for showing a different style for sure. Not a great skate, he went down on the first jump and almost fell on the axel (looked like only a double, but I thought he was doing 3A last year?:shrug:) He's still entertaining and obviously has some great qualities though.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Is nobody watching the men? :confused:

Men's short (standings so far)
1. Alexei Bychenko ISR - 72.60
2. Bela Papp FIN - 50.04
3. Lukas Kaugars LAT - 49.62
4. Leslie Ip HKG - 42.37

Shoma Uno JPN - quad toe (downgrade, fall - might not even be considered a quad?), triple axel (turn out), triple flip-triple toe

Lukas Kaugars LAT - triple axel (fall), triple lutz-triple toe (two-foot?), triple flip

Leslie Ip HKG - triple lutz (step out), triple loop (step out, hand down), double axel (hand down, step out)

Bela Papp FIN - triple toe (turn out)-triple toe, double axel (step out, disguised well into a spread eagle), triple flip (fall)

Alexei Bychenko ISR - triple axel, quad toe, invalid spin, triple flip-triple toe

http://www.rockerskating.com/news/2015/9/17/2015-us-classic-play-by-playresults-mens-short-program

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I liked Shoma's music. Not sure what happened there though, 2nd place?

charmblade

Final Flight
^^^ Ok, I guess Shoma did do a 3A. I'm not always great at counting the revolutions and no slo mo replay, sorry everyone!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm watching the men! Just got home awhile ago and am now free to watch. Yippee! You know you're a skating nerd when the Sunday-Wednesday stretch without any skating is too long... I'm hopeless.:drama:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm watching the men! Just got home awhile ago and am now free to watch. Yippee! You know you're a skating nerd when the Sunday-Wednesday stretch without any skating is too long... I'm hopeless.:drama:

I know this feeling...but just think, we made it through a whole summer somehow! It will only get better from here :)