2015 US International Figure Skating Classic Pairs SP and FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 US International Figure Skating Classic Pairs SP and FS

charmblade

Final Flight
MT/M looked better than last year already. They seem to have a better connection, maybe better speed? No visible errors other than she put a hand down on the SBS jump. Lift looked more stable as well.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Decent skate from M-T/M, the coaching change this summer was a good move, as to me they have improved quite a bit
score: 57.22

charmblade

Final Flight
Stephens/Dodds had a rough skate. Aborted death spiral, she fell on both the throw and SBS jump. They looked stiff and tentative throughout.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really liked Kayne/O'Shea actually, the program has a LOT of really nice choreographic flourishes and I think will be great once it's a bit more put together. I did not think the spin was appropriately placed choreographically/with the music... the music is basically building hardcore there and the spin is going nowhere. The death spiral does also need some improvement.

charmblade

Final Flight
C/T had a good international debut, even with him going down on the SBS. Of course, it helps that they've had this program for a year already, but it looked good. Great throw and the twist is noticeably higher than last year.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Mt/M a lot better than last season. Twist and lift still need LOTS of improvement- lift is better in that I no longer fear for her safety but his butt still sticks out so far you could balance something on it. I do think their connection and presence has improved A LOT though.

charmblade

Final Flight
D/B do a really good job selling that sassy program. There were a couple small issues, hand down on the throw and the sync was off on the SBS, I couldn't tell if maybe she doubled it? But very energetic and spunky! I think the two are a good match.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Gretchan and Nate have a really cute program. Some bobbles by her though: turn out on the SBS jump and she put her hand down on the throw. The twist looks better than last year. I really like this team and hope they have a good year.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I do hope we'll get a video of C/T and D/B eventually. I'd really like to see them.