Harlick Boot question | Golden Skate

Harlick Boot question

alexeifan

On the Ice
HI I was wondering why some harlicks have the harlick logo on the heel and some don't? Also how do you tell say a competitor boot from a finalist boot etc.?

Query

Rinkside
Contact info for Harlick is at http://www.harlick.com/about/contact.php.

Harlick lists a huge number of customization options for standard boots on their website, and still more exist for custom boots - I'm not sure there is a completely standard look, and maybe you can get any model with and without logos on the heel.

My experience has been that most high end boot makers, especially custom boot makers like Harlick, are very happy to answer questions, if you keep them reasonable. Good service is what their whole business is based around. I'd try email ([email protected]) first, and if that didn't work in a few days, use a cheap Internet phone service like Google Voice or Skype to call ((650)593-2093; if you are outside the U.S., check with your phone company info to find out how to dial U.S. numbers.) them during office hours. If you are trying to identify a specific boot, take pictures, top and bottom from various angles, and attach them to the email. Also look for anything resembling serial or model numbers. I successfully identified some GAM and Graf boots that way. The only high end boot or blade company that has ignored my inquiries is HD Sports.

Tell us how that pans out!

Last edited:

MeganP

Spectator
My daughter's custom Harlicks never had the logo on the heel. Her off the line boots always had the name plate screwed on. A name plate came with her custom boots, we just never put it on. I am not sure if that is how they always do it..........but that is what we experienced. The level of boot.....competitor, competition plus, custom etc is stamped on the inside of the boot. Hope this helps. The main difference in the boots is the stiffness level and customized features. They are hard to tell apart just by looking at them on someone's feet.

Last edited: