Isabella Tobias & Ilia Tkachenko | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Isabella Tobias & Ilia Tkachenko

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay... what has happened to them? I noticed they withdrew at last minute from Skate America, and now I just saw that Ilia's citizenship has been denied (back in November, but I'm only just seeing). Have they split up or something? Injury? I notice they're not on the roster for Europeans either. :scratch2:

edit: Now I'm doubly confused. No news articles, no instagram or twitter acounts, their fb account hasn't been updated since April. It's like they've disappeared. :confused:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Princessroja - They split up as the Olympics were their goal, so they obviously see no point in continuing.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Princessroja - They split up as the Olympics were their goal, so they obviously see no point in continuing.

Wow. To my mind that's a bit sad--none of the rest of their career counted for anything? I know the Olympics are important and all, but... there's a lot more to skating than just that. Oh well, what's done is done. Wish them the best in their future endeavors.

Barb

Record Breaker
Wow. To my mind that's a bit sad--none of the rest of their career counted for anything? I know the Olympics are important and all, but... there's a lot more to skating than just that. Oh well, what's done is done. Wish them the best in their future endeavors.

I do not know why he was denied citizenship, but maybe she thinks he did not try enough.