Predictions for JGP Final: Ladies | Golden Skate

Predictions for JGP Final: Ladies

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, any early predictions about this very even and extremely interesting competition?

SB so far.

1. Polina Tsurskaya 189.50
2. Yuna Shiraiwa 186.80
3. Alisa Fedichkina 186.38
4. Maria Sotskova 185.44
5. Mai Mihara 182.05
6. Marin Honda 181.22

If Polina will skate clean she will most likely win, she is the number one favourite here after all. Hopefully Alisa will get a medal. If Alisa would skate clean she would get a medal but I bet the final will be very even competition and all the skaters behind Polina will have pretty much even chances to get a medal.

My predictions
1. Polina Tsurskaya - She could very well score very close to Junior WR set by Radionova.
2. Maria Sotskova
3. Alisa Fedichkina
4. Yuna Shiraiwa
5. Marin Honda
6. Mai Mihara

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
So, any early predictions about this very even and extremely interesting competition?

SB so far.

1. Polina Tsurskaya 189.50
2. Yuna Shiraiwa 186.80
3. Alisa Fedichkina 186.38
4. Maria Sotskova 185.44
5. Mai Mihara 182.05
6. Marin Honda 181.22

If Polina will skate clean she will most likely win, she is the number one favourite here after all. Hopefully Alisa will get a medal. If Alisa would skate clean she would get a medal but I bet the final will be very even competition and all the skaters behind Polina will have pretty much even chances to get a medal.

Such close scores! It's going to be a great competition. I hope all the ladies enjoy and are healthy when the Final comes around.

Remember last year when we had all clean SPs? Let's have that again!

Polina does look like a favorite to win the Gold but any of these girls are talented enough to take a medal.

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
I think it;s Polina's to lose. I also think Maria has some advantage having more experience at this level, it's expected of her to have her nerves on check.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I think it;s Polina's to lose. I also think Maria has some advantage having more experience at this level, it's expected of her to have her nerves on check.

That is a good and valid point. Not only is she the most experienced of all the skaters but she has already won JGPF once. And she has also competed at World Juniors.

Globetrotter

Medalist
It sure looks close. Tsurskaya has the best jumps to die for. Fedichkina is the strongest performer, Honda the most elegant on ice presence. Sotskova has a good all round package while Mihara and Shiraiwa are super consistent. Shiraiwa is particularly good at fighting back in the LP when the stakes are up. Tsurskaya has the best jump entrance and delayed rotation, Mihara the best flow out of the jumps. They are all pretty evenly matched on a good day. So the one who delivers will win. Their base values are roughly equal as planned, so the overall execution and GOEs will give the winner. Tsurskaya is most likely to get high GOEs on jumps, Fedichkina on PE, Honda on IN+CH, Mihara to me has the nicest flow and SS. Sotskova is just solid all round. Too tough to guess!

jace93

On the Ice
I honestly think it will depend on how clean they will be... If they are all perfect then it's Polina to lose, but one has to remember that in the last two year the favourite before the event (Evgenia two years ago, Serafima last year) had a disappointing competition... Maria is probably the more well rounded skater and surely the more experienced, but IMO she lacks the IT factor the other have... For the remaining four they are all very talented, but also very inconsistent, especially Marin has clearly demonstrated IMO that if she is absolutely perfect has thr talent to win this competition, but also that she could come dead last...

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
1. Tsurskaya
2. Sotskova (oh how I wish I can put you on 1st place but I sense that the judges prefers Tsurskaya more)
3. Honda
4. Shiraiwa
5. Fedichkina
6. Mihara

Eloyse

On the Ice
Polina Tsurskaya
Maria Sotskova
Marin Honda
Alisa Fedichikina
Yuna Shiraiwa
Mai Mihara

randomfan

Record Breaker
1. Polina Tsurkaya
2. Maria Sotskova
3. Marin Honda
4. Yuna Shiraiwa
5. Mai Mihara
6. Alisa Fedichikina

stryke

On the Ice
Supposedly Maria has new skating boots. I wonder if she will be able to skate her best in regards to that.

1. Polina
2. Yuna
3. Alisa
4. Marin
5. Maria
6. Mai

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Supposedly Maria has new skating boots. I wonder if she will be able to skate her best in regards to that.

well she does have around 7-8 weeks to get used to them before the final :think:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I would give Tsurskaya a slight edge here, I like Maria more though. And I think with clean skates Yuna, Alisa, Mai and Marin are real contenders for the top spot too. Basically, all the girls are so good, any mistake can put any of them in 6th place.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight

1. Polina
2. Yuna
3. Alisa
4. Marin
5. Maria
6. Mai

She did a clean FS today at Russian Cup and scored 130. I think she will be fine in regards to that in 2 months

nikros

Rinkside
Maria is more experienced. Alias is too young and I'm afraid she could not cope with her emotions.
Marin looks too unstable until now. So my guess is:
1) Polina (definitely)
2-3) Yuna
2-3) Maria
4-5) Alisa
4-5) Marin
6) Mai

witcher

Match Penalty
Maria is more experienced. Alias is too young and I'm afraid she could not cope with her emotions.
Marin looks too unstable until now. So my guess is:
1) Polina (definitely)
2-3) Yuna
2-3) Maria
4-5) Alisa
4-5) Marin
6) Mai
I'd agree on Alisa being nervous, I think GPF itself is big success for 13yo debutant, who wasn't even in final six conversation before the season.
But if Marin delivers the skate like on Saturday... :drama:
Sky is a limit for this girl (although I root for my Russian trio :love:).

1. Polina
2. Marin
3. Maria
4. Alisa
5. Yuna
6. Mai

Last edited: