2015 Mordovian Ornament Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Mordovian Ornament Ice Dance SD and FD

tvuckic16

Final Flight
I did think they looked much better this time. Maybe not 5 points, but definitely some.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like their SD. Just not sure what these scores really mean in terms of how things will be scored at the GP. 5 points is quite the difference.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I don't know. Neither of them seems particularly clueless or conceited to me. They knew coming here losing to I/Z was possible. I think there is general inflation going on here that they also would have befitted from, and I think they do realize that.

You're probably right. Probably the more appropriate response would be disappointment. However, these two have weathered a lot, I hope all is well with them soon.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Who can be happy about this? I'm not that kind of fan. Although this happened to Ruslena at EC 2015 and they coped just the same with the SD. So to each his own. Wishing Ms. Bobrova a speedy recovery.

It was a reply to this post:
It looks like to me they didn't want to risk two things, 1. Losing to I/Z and 2. Losing to I/Z.

It is rude, unsportsmanlike and offensive, but oh well. Who cares, right?

moon

On the Ice
I wouldn't call T/T country inflation but it certainly is Igor inflation. He is connected now to the Officials from all the countries teams that he trains as well as a TS who is the parent of someone he trains. In a real world Tobias and her blade work would not get a component score of 34. I can't take these marks seriously.

uhh

Medalist
People sometimes skate with food poisoning & sometimes they choose to withdraw. I/Z skated at Euros because it was an important competition, B/S withdrew I guess in part because this event doesn't matter and it would be more damaging to risk having a bad performance due to her illness than anything they might gain by fighting through it.

LisaM

Medalist
I wouldn't call T/T country inflation but it certainly is Igor inflation. He is connected now to the Officials from all the countries teams that he trains as well as a TS who is the parent of someone he trains. In a real world Tobias and her blade work would not get a component score of 34. I can't take these marks seriously.

You have a point there too.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Although this happened to Ruslena at EC 2015 and they coped just the same with the SD. So to each his own.
Everyone is different, and food poisoning can be different too. Maybe it's worse for Katia than it was for Lena. Can't go on the ice if you are constantly puking, can you? Also, the more you puke, the weaker you become. It could even be dangerous (more so if it was the male partner, but serious mistakes are possible in any case).

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
It was a reply to this post:

It is rude, unsportsmanlike and offensive, but oh well. Who cares, right?

With all due respect Snow63 and this is my last comment, I/K skated with serious food poisoning to the point where Lena was visibly ill a few seasons ago. And IIRC, they made the GPF. Also V/M have weathered great pains in many performances. Many other teams have sucked it up. So it is well within reason to have a lingering question. However as you saw from my later posts I've moved past that position to say, well that life. So, I'm not here grinning that Bobrova is unwell, it happens. However, GOING FORWARD, I WISH HER A SPEEDY RECOVERY. :biggrin:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Everyone is different, and food poisoning can be different too. Maybe it's worse for Katia than it was for Lena. Can't go on the ice if you are constantly puking, can you?

Let's take a moment to be thankful if any of us never had food poisoning (Like myself. And hopefully I'll never end up ever having it).

Snow63

Record Breaker
People sometimes skate with food poisoning & sometimes they choose to withdraw. I/Z skated at Euros because it was an important competition, B/S withdrew I guess in part because this event doesn't matter and it would be more damaging to risk having a bad performance due to her illness than anything they might gain by fighting through it.

Or it's just more serious and she CAN't skate, who knows. I'm just glad it's not an injury. But still, it's extremely sad and dissapointing. They came to Saransk, skated at practices and then this. It reminds me how they withdrew from Worlds in 2014, they had succesfull practices there too. :eek:hwell:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Who can be happy about this? I'm not that kind of fan. Although this happened to Ruslena at EC 2015 and they coped just the same with the SD. So to each his own. Wishing Ms. Bobrova a speedy recovery.

Last night we saw Nam Nguyen fall during his FS at the Skate Canada Autumn Classic. He looked dizzy and disoriented, and apparently he had not been feeling well earlier. [A cold in his case, apparently, but the point remains the same.]

Would seem even more risky/dangerous to me for ice dancers to be performing lifts if one of them is ill. Food poisoning could cause dehydration, among other problems, which I imagine could in turn cause dizziness, for example.

(I don't claim to be familiar with what happened to/with I/Z at Euros. In any case, I wish Bobrova the best.)

Last edited:

elif

Medalist
I still don't like ''We Will Rock You'' part but skating first half was very good for I/Z. They looked flowing and clean. They lost momentum into WWRY and I wish they put twizzles into there because only steps looks strange and in my mind music fits perfectly with their twizzles. Probably they didn't put because it is in last half and they will be tired. :disapp:

uhh

Medalist
I still don't like ''We Will Rock You'' part but skating first half was very good for I/Z. They looked flowing and clean. They lost momentum into WWRY and I wish they put twizzles into there because only steps looks strange and in my mind music fits perfectly with their twizzles. Probably they didn't put because it is in last half and they will be tired. :disapp:

I like where the twizzles are at the moment, the 2nd set fits perfectly with the music. But I'd like something more with the WWRY part. At least they've added another assisted leap before the end, that helps to build towards a climax.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I just noticed that Ilinykh/Zhiganshin decided to use an old lift. I wonder why? Maybe they are more comfortable with it.