2015 Mordovian Ornament Pairs SP and Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Mordovian Ornament Pairs SP and Free Skate

wallee

Rinkside
very nice score from Zabijako / Enbert could challenger for Russian No.5 vs Davankova / Deputat

thats a deep field

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm still waiting for the video of K&S to be uploaded, but I enjoyed the third place team. It was my first time seeing them. Right after the end of "Skyfall," they did a lift that I thought was really cool.

Lota

Record Breaker
I'm still waiting for the video of K&S to be uploaded, but I enjoyed the third place team. It was my first time seeing them. Right after the end of "Skyfall," they did a lift that I thought was really cool.

Yay, glad you liked them ^^ That's Butkute/Ermolaev from Lithuania. They're then first pairs team we've ever had (as far as I can remember), so, even if they're not super great, at least we can say that we have a pairs team :laugh:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Yay, glad you liked them ^^ That's Butkute/Ermolaev from Lithuania. They're then first pairs team we've ever had (as far as I can remember), so, even if they're not super great, at least we can say that we have a pairs team :laugh:

I didn't realize that Lithuania hasn't had a pair in recent times. That's great! Butkute looks pretty young, so I guess they'll have a lot of time to develop further.

Lota

Record Breaker
I didn't realize that Lithuania hasn't had a pair in recent times. That's great! Butkute looks pretty young, so I guess they'll have a lot of time to develop further.

I don't think we've ever had a pairs team (unless someone from Lithuania skated in a team in Soviet Union, because I cannot find any info about pairs skating in Lithuania. Maybe I'm just crap at searching :laugh: ) That's why it's great that we have a pairs team at all, especially one that has achieved the required TES score to go to Europeans and Worlds. It will be a great experience for them, as far as I can tell they never got to skate in Juniors because Butkute is 16/17 now and Ermalaev is around 24, so their ages prevented them from going to both junior and senior tournaments :laugh:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't think we've ever had a pairs team (unless someone from Lithuania skated in a team in Soviet Union, because I cannot find any info about pairs skating in Lithuania. Maybe I'm just crap at searching :laugh: ) That's why it's great that we have a pairs team at all, especially one that has achieved the required TES score to go to Europeans and Worlds. It will be a great experience for them, as far as I can tell they never got to skate in Juniors because Butkute is 16/17 now and Ermalaev is around 24, so their ages prevented them from going to both junior and senior tournaments :laugh:

Nah, you probably aren't crap at searching, the only prominent skaters from Lithuania I can remember are ice dancers. That's great that B/E have the minimum scores.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
That's why it's great that we have a pairs team at all, especially one that has achieved the required TES score to go to Europeans and Worlds.
My congratulations to Lithuania and Butkute/Ermolaev. I wish them a further progress.:cheer:

Lota

Record Breaker
My congratulations to Lithuania and Butkute/Ermolaev. I wish them a further progress.:cheer:

Thanks! Since Lithuania doesn't have any top-tier teams/people in any discipline, there probably aren't too many fans of figure skating here, but at least I'll be rooting for them :cheer: :laugh:

samson

Medalist
I just wanted to write that for me, Kavaguti and Smirnov's free skate is the exception that proves the rule you should never repeat a program two years in a row. That long is simply divine and even though they struggled with the some jump elements the in-betweens were the strongest I've seen them.