2015 Mordovian Ornament Ladies SP and Free Skate | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2015 Mordovian Ornament Ladies SP and Free Skate

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
:thumbsup: I love that girl and she's so underrated.

Love Artemieva too ;) She has very nice movement

Sotnikova and her flip problems. Almost always popping or falling. She's so bad at them. It was amazing when she did them at the Olympics. The right time for it to be her only time. Lol. Good for Anna! So glad.

Wait, Didn't Sotnikova pull off a giant Flip in the SP here?

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
I agree about offensive posts,

It's offensive when people are frustrated about outragous judging,
Only to be accused of xenophobia and hating skaters.

People may feel offended, but it doesn't excuse rude behavior. It shouldn't be so hard to stay respectful even if you are disagreed with. On both sides, really.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Nevermind. I'd better keep my breath..

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
People may feel offended, but it doesn't excuse rude behavior. It shouldn't be so hard to stay respectful even if you are disagreed with. On both sides, really.

This. Thank you.

Alba

Record Breaker
Love Artemieva too ;) She has very nice movement

She really has nice movements and nice edges also. She's smooth and I like that. I'm afraid she's not very much tv friendly because I was surprised myself when I saw her live. I didn't thought of her before.

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
People here are getting so emotional that they even ignored some proper sense of reason and good manners. Since it is only a very small competition, why take its results that seriously? Some critics just sound like sour grapes, which is not good to see.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I think you need to look up the dictionary term of xenophobia.

Why don't you focus on the which part you disagree with my post? Stick to the debate, if there's one :laugh:

Please follow the entire thread. This is about how PCS is awarded in Russia relative to the whole world outside Russia. It has nothing to do with Anna, Ashley, Satoko. The results are in black and white and speaks for itself.
I would call it Russophobia. ;)
What I don't like about the current scoring system is this whole world record / season's best thing. Because of all the rule changes the world records are irrelevant imho and certain panels are stricter than others. I don't mind as long as the judging for one event is reasonable. I was always fine with the fact that Kostner (and Chan) got huge PCS, she was (is?) in a league of her own. Adelina is improving (and wasn't bad to begin with). Mao's great, her steps at JO were even lighter than I've seen her do them before, she's a little different than the other top skaters when it comes to SS in that regard. But somehow I think that the judges look more at the sheer speed (just compare Yuna's to Mao's PCS over the years) than at the more intricate things.
Anyway, the rightful winner in this competition is Anna, so let's cheer for her! :cheer2:

yuki

Final Flight
People here are getting so emotional that they even ignored some proper sense of reason and good manners. Since it is only a very small competition, why take its results that seriously? Some critics just sound like sour grapes, which is not good to see.

This competition counts towards SB/PB lists, perhaps that's why some people are peeved with the (very obvious, IMO) inflation.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I would call it Russophobia. ;)
What I don't like about the current scoring system is this whole world record / season's best thing. Because of all the rule changes the world records are irrelevant imho and certain panels are stricter than others. I don't mind as long as the judging for one event is reasonable. I was always fine with the fact that Kostner (and Chan) got huge PCS, she was (is?) in a league of her own. Adelina is improving (and wasn't bad to begin with). Mao's great, her steps at JO were even lighter than I've seen her do them before, she's a little different than the other top skaters when it comes to SS in that regard. But somehow I think that the judges look more at the sheer speed (just compare Yuna's to Mao's PCS over the years) than at the more intricate things.
Anyway, the rightful winner in this competition is Anna, so let's cheer for her! :cheer2:

Ohhh plzz.... anyone just need to my long history everywhere to know I am hardly Russianphobic, that would probably make the Russian family adopted me like a daughter very upset :biggrin:. BTW it is not the first time i have been called hater of xxx just because I strongly disagreed with judging and unfairly propped up skaters, no matter who. You look at 4 triples Liza scored of 61 PCS today vs 4 triples Adelina (with generous tech call on her flutz) received 71.84 PCS today, so why should anyone be fine with it? And most importantly, why should anyone be offended when people point out such ridiculousness?

To set the record straight. It is more correct to say I am PCS BS phobic, and nationalistic judging phobic.

I hope for the day when skaters can skate independent of federation politics and simply represent themselves. I never understood why people are fine with inflation AT ALL. It is precisely these sort ridiculousness that makes figure skating a joke of a sport. Afterall, it is not like you can inflate TES on a relative basis is it? Why are people be so short sighted and not able to see the consequences of ANY inflation is BAD over time, that really there should be ZERO TOLERANCE for this sort of scoring, as it always leads to an unfair field disadvantage for all other skaters who did not participated in the inflation, and false momentum and cushion building for the said skater.

These judges may say on OFFICIAL ISU RECORD that 4 triples Adelina with a flutz is better than great 7/8 triple Mao/Liza with 3As, and Anna with great legit 3lz3t 7 triples clean programs, it doesn't mean fans like myself who cares great deal about the legitimacy of PCS should put up with it.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
The score should have been:

Anna:
SP: 66-67, the Lutz combo was a little forced, without that it would've been 68-69.
LP: Mid 130s: A TES of 70 is fine with me, absolutely NO errors on jumps. PCS should've been around 65 ish...

Adelina:
SP: 68-69
LP: Should've been a little higher than JO but not that high, maybe like a 118-120 (120 is a little generous).

yuki

Final Flight
But she still lost, did not set any PB records. So what is this about?

This was not specifically about Adelina, both she and Anna were gifted on PCS. It's mostly about not-so-subtle overscoring in a competition that is now part of the Challenger series.

Btw, this is Adelina's PB SP: 75.57 17.10.2015 ISU CS Mordovian Ornament 2015

ETA: The performances themselves (Anna and Adelina's SP, Anna's LP) were very good. I was just trying to point out a possible reason for the PCS discussion that goes beyond what you and others perceive as attacks on Russian skaters.

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
These scores have really gotten out of control, like you don't even need to compare them to skaters who aren't here in this particular competition, in what world is Anna's SS 0.15 points behind Adelina's for starters

These are massive scores, like even Carolina Kostner's Worlds 2014 FS wasn't as gifted as Adelina's here. So generous of these judges, this is not a minor event, it counts towards PB/SB.

begin

Medalist
Insane numbers. This scoring won't continue on in other major competitions but hopefully a reasonable score in the future won't mess with the girl's confidence.

Congrats to Anna, glad to see her back in form!

humbaba

Final Flight
People here are getting so emotional that they even ignored some proper sense of reason and good manners. Since it is only a very small competition, why take its results that seriously?

Sorry, but I'm not buying what you're selling. This was an ISU sanctioned, international event. That it was scored as if it were some podunk local or internal competition is exactly the problem. As others have said, because it was a Challenger event, the skaters who received these very inflated scores will get an unfair boost on the SB list, likely passing skaters who earned their SB scores at more responsibly judged competitions.

I understand that figure skating is a sport judged by human beings, with a great deal of subjective evaluation involved. I don't get my panties in a wad every time a homey skater gets a little "thank you for hosting the competition" bonus. However, I believe the home cooking went too far at Mordovian Ornament. As a skating fan, I am very disillusioned that this sort of thing happens, that it is always swept under the rug, and that no one is ever held accountable. It makes me question why I even bother to follow the sport.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
If it weren't for the rare deserved win by Anna, I'd propose we just firebomb all the results from MO and pretend this farce never happened.

Alba

Record Breaker
This was not specifically about Adelina, both she and Anna were gifted on PCS. It's mostly about not-so-subtle overscoring in a competition that is now part of the Challenger series.

I would agree with you if I would've seen the same anger when C&L got +72 ridiculous scores in Lombardia Trophy last season, which was part of Challenger series and I have seen PB and overscoring in Zagreb as well. It doesn't matter if they are skaters from powerful federations or not, and it doesn't matter if it's towards skaters who are not in the race for the podium. An overscoring is overscoring for everybody and that's how you climb up the ranking.

helene1967

Rinkside
The score should have been:

Anna:
SP: 66-67, the Lutz combo was a little forced, without that it would've been 68-69.
LP: Mid 130s: A TES of 70 is fine with me, absolutely NO errors on jumps. PCS should've been around 65 ish...

Adelina:
SP: 68-69
LP: Should've been a little higher than JO but not that high, maybe like a 118-120 (120 is a little generous).

Anna's FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDlLQhl4F5M
Same day Liza's FS in Nice (France) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcV42cwdaRQ score 120.11
Did Anna deserve about 20 points higher score than Liza?

So, yes, inflation of scores.
But it is not a problem of Mordovian Ornament or Russia, it is total problem.

Last edited: