Predictions for JGP Final: Men | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Predictions for JGP Final: Men

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
Yikes i hope he holds off on that. He can win doing his normal jumps he's done all season. Something tells me he's trying to send a message to the other US Men that they better have a quad or two and that he's looking at Senior Worlds this year not Junior Worlds.

I think it will come down more down to his triple axel. It's gotten better with age but it's not without its problems. It's a key jump in juniors, especially in the SP.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think it will come down more down to his triple axel. It's gotten better with age but it's not without its problems. It's a key jump in juniors, especially in the SP.

Yes this is why I hope he still tries one in the FS! Quads are great but you need the 3a too, look at Chan, now almost 25 and the 3a is still giving him fits since he became so quad focused, it hurt Lambiel too, and Rippon is just finally starting to get that jump consistent at 26!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I can't see Sota-kun off the podium unless he completely bombs. Which wouldn't be a bad thing since I want him to save his best for Worlds and win.

1) Nathan
2) Sota
3) Daniel
4) Dmitry/Roman

Sota did bomb his first JGP event though. Then he was brilliant at the second. The top 4 men in this field are all so strong, podium will be a nailbiter.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
1.) Nathan CHEN
2.) Sota YAMAMOTO
3.) Daniel SAMOHIN
4.) Dmitri ALIEV
5.) Vincent ZHOU
6.) Roman SADOVSKY

Dots

Final Flight
It's between Samohin and Chen.

1. Chen
2. Samohin
------
3. Aliev
4. Zhou
5. Yamamoto
5. Sadovsky

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes this is why I hope he still tries one in the FS! Quads are great but you need the 3a too, look at Chan, now almost 25 and the 3a is still giving him fits since he became so quad focused, it hurt Lambiel too, and Rippon is just finally starting to get that jump consistent at 26!
Chan's 3a was always bad even before he started doing quads. Patrick didn't even land his first quad until he was almost 20.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
1. Nathan Chen USA
2. Daniel Samohin ISR
3. Sota Yamamoto JPN
4. Dmitri Aliev RUS
5. Vincent Zhou USA
6. Roman Sadovsky CAN