2015 Skate America Ice Dance SD Oct 23 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Ice Dance SD Oct 23

tvuckic16

Final Flight
I don't know about GP SD. I don't like it. I love their FD though. I think CB will take the competition. 3rd place and below is anybody's guess if you ask me. It will be interesting, can't wait. I am mainly interested in HB and YM, anything could happen at 3rd.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
On behalf of the underdogs . . .

Best wishes to Nazarova & Nikitin in their senior GP debut! I would like to see S&K ready to compete and give the competition a run for their money. Also a shout-out to Wang & Liu, who demonstrated their merit last season and became the first Chinese dance team to make the cut-off for the free dance at Worlds since 2012.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
On behalf of the underdogs . . .

Best wishes to Nazarova & Nikitin in their senior GP debut! I would like to see S&K ready to compete and give the competition a run for their money. Also a shout-out to Wang & Liu, who demonstrated their merit last season and became the first Chinese dance team to make the cut-off for the free dance at Worlds since 2012.

Oh, Nazarova & Nikitin! They were the pair in Juniors with the really cool FD with the unusual lifts last season, yes? Ooh, liked that. What are their choices this year?

ETA: Hmm, The Blue Danube and some Mozart. Seems safe. Have they skated somewhere that I could check out vids?

ETA2: Ah, just found their fan fest and see they have vids from US Classic. I will check them out. I didn't get a chance to watch ice dance from there.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't know about GP SD. I don't like it. I love their FD though. I think CB will take the competition. 3rd place and below is anybody's guess if you ask me. It will be interesting, can't wait. I am mainly interested in HB and YM, anything could happen at 3rd.

Yes, seeing the battle for third should be a real treat, especially if all teams skate their best!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Hmm, The Blue Danube and some Mozart. Seems safe. Have they skated somewhere that I could check out vids?

Their SD is a spoof on the popularity of The Blue Danube. IMO, it could be a lot of fun by the end of the season. Their free, though, I think is too soft and along the same trending line as all the other dance teams this season. Unlikely to allow N&N to stand out. They'd likely have been better off using last year's free dance, except that they debuted with it last season at senior worlds. Moving up to seniors is TOUGH in dance. Hype, assumptions, and the occasional miracle aside. It's hard enough on dance teams from gp host countries. It is a million times harder, IMO, for teams that have to try to break out at Europeans or 4CC's.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I have just watched both. The SD I really liked and, with 'breaking in', I really think you're right that it will be fun. Whilst I can see what you mean that it is like the prevailing soft, romanticism of many other programmes, I did like it a lot. They have a quality that will hopefully make it stand out anyway. Love the costumes too!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
They have a quality that will hopefully make it stand out anyway.

I think they have the quality to make waves eventually, even if this is not the season. Possibly the most potential of any dance team to have ever competed for Ukraine. I hope they have enough support. And passion for the sport to realize that potential.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I think they have the quality to make waves eventually, even if this is not the season. Possibly the most potential of any dance team to have ever competed for Ukraine. I hope they have enough support. And passion for the sport to realize that potential.

:biggrin: Agreed. Hopefully, they are joining my very few fave ice dance pairs. I only have P/C and Y/M so far in Seniors.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I assume this is a starting order?

I don't believe it is the starting order. (It's alphabetized by country, with teams then alphabetized by name).

Since SA is a GP, the starting order will be ranked in opposite order of current ranking, correct? Gilles & Poirier would, therefore, be second to last. Chock & Bates would be last. And Cannuscio/McManus would not be in the final group.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Start order is in REVERSE ORDER by world ranking. Current WRs:

2 CHOCK / BATES
5 GILLES / POIRIER
9 HAWAYEK / BAKER
13 NAZAROVA / NIKITIN
16 YANOVSKAYA / MOZGOV
25 WANG / LIU
30 CANNUSCIO / McMANUS
64 SINITSINA / KATSALAPOV

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
Start order is in REVERSE ORDER by world ranking. Current WRs:

2 CHOCK / BATES
5 GILLES / POIRIER
9 HAWAYEK / BAKER
13 NAZAROVA / NIKITIN
16 YANOVSKAYA / MOZGOV
25 WANG / LIU
30 CANNUSCIO / McMANUS
64 SINITSINA / KATSALAPOV

Edit: nevermind, I misunderstood

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Interesting indeed: Their programs are listed as follows:
2015-16 SEASON NOTES

SD Music: "More" by Andrea Bocelli and "Unchained Melody" by Il Divo
FD Music: "Concerto No. 2" by Sergei Rachmaninoff

Was not a fan of Dark Eyes SD but at least it was something unusual/original for RW pattern, now they have gone all the way into the classics...I cannot stand this style with them, I'm sorry

moriel

Record Breaker
They just lost my like too

Dark Eyes was way more original and dunno, imho would fit them way more than the new music.