2015 Skate America Results and Videos | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Results and Videos

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I just love the British Eurosport commentators thank you SO much for posting those! They are my favorites.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Many thanks for the videos :)
Piper and Paul's doesn't seem to be working. I've been dying to watch it again but I cannot find it anywhere on youtube.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'm starting to upload videos from the various networks. I have a few from CBC & NBC up for Evgenia & Satoko.

CBC commentary has really gone down the crapper, sorry for that! (I was laughing at the CBC commentary for Evgenia, it was so bad. And the guy was whining about Satoko's jumps throughout the entire program!)

I haven't seen everything yet, but CBC covered a lot of Pairs...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd4PT9WvCNpzNgXWxkaxBNk4n_USKgkGB

gabriele

On the Ice
Thankyou Mao. I've been waiting for the Eurosport guys' take on the competition. Much appreciated. :bow:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks SO much for these great videos... a feast after the sparse view on (US) TV last night
Watching the Eurosport video of Jason's FS, during the B-spin replay one guy says to the other: "You used to do that didn't you?" "Yah but I couldn't walk after"! Laughed til I fell off the chair!! SO look forward to these guys each season... LOVED Jason's skate BTW...

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
You are awesome! Thanks! :))))

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thx to sabinfire for uploading videos. (And off topic, but thx also for all your on-site reports.)

Happy to share the experience! Trying to upload more videos but haven't had a lot of time since arriving back home.

FYI -- the Skate America highlights video was played on the Jumbotron at the start of the gala.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks SO much for these great videos... a feast after the sparse view on (US) TV last night
Watching the Eurosport video of Jason's FS, during the B-spin replay one guy says to the other: "You used to do that didn't you?" "Yah but I couldn't walk after"! Laughed til I fell off the chair!! SO look forward to these guys each season... LOVED Jason's skate BTW...

I LMAO and rewinded it like 10 times. So spontaneous so hilarious so priceless. And then he said his program was done at that point. OMG, I died :laugh2: And I'm so glad they liked his program and praised Max for improving his PCS side :cheer2:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I'm starting to upload videos from the various networks. I have a few from CBC & NBC up for Evgenia & Satoko.

CBC commentary has really gone down the crapper, sorry for that! (I was laughing at the CBC commentary for Evgenia, it was so bad. And the guy was whining about Satoko's jumps throughout the entire program!)

I haven't seen everything yet, but CBC covered a lot of Pairs...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd4PT9WvCNpzNgXWxkaxBNk4n_USKgkGB

thanks!! did CBC show Elizabet by any chance? :biggrin:
and also thanks Mao for compiling all the videos! :cheer:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
No Brendan :no:

Sorry, karne. I should not have said "many" countries, which was an overstatement.

I think it boils down to all the medalists + Han Yan + Stolbova/Klimov + most of the Team USA skaters. (But no Cannuscio/McManus and no Pfund/Santillan, unless I overlooked them.)

So USA, Canada, Japan, Russia, China are represented in the vid.

Happy to share the experience! Trying to upload more videos but haven't had a lot of time since arriving back home.

FYI -- the Skate America highlights video was played on the Jumbotron at the start of the gala.

Ohhhh, thx for the FYI, sabinfire. I didn't know it was shown at the gala.

Thx again for any and all videos, which should be uploaded only at your convenience (and no sooner). I certainly hope you don't feel any pressure to rush. Anything at any time always is doing us a favor.
Plus ... do I recall correctly that you are going to Lethbridge too? Gotta get yourself ready for another trip.

Thanks to you, I already was able to enjoy rewatching the NBC fluff of the five ladies. Satoko is so sweet. And I liked how Karen used the word "pumped." For someone who has a reputation for being shy(??), YL had no problem sharing something articulately :cool:. And thx for the pronouncer videos. (I wish a similar fluff package had been produced for the men's FS on NBCSN.)

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
thanks!! did CBC show Elizabet by any chance? :biggrin:

Unfortunately, CBC did not show Elizabet either (not on Saturday, at least... I haven't watched Sunday's broadcast yet, but I assume that will be Men/Dance coverage.)

CBC had live coverage of the Ladies FS, but they opted to show Canadian skater Alaine Chartrand instead of Yulia Lipnitskaya.

Thx again for any and all videos, which should be uploaded only at your convenience (and no sooner). I certainly hope you don't feel any pressure to rush. Anything at any time always is doing us a favor.
Plus ... do I recall correctly that you are going to Lethbridge too? Gotta get yourself ready for another trip.

I'm partly just getting some SA vids up for posterity, as it seems the 'prime' time to upload vids is immediately after the performance/broadcast. Residual views on late uploads tends to be slow, but I still want HD vids of Skate America available on my channel for visitors who come through now and in the future.

For that reason, let me know if there's anything in particular you want to see, especially if you haven't been able to find it elsewhere. I've really only watched the Ladies coverage so far, though I can always skip to specific parts to grab a performance for YouTube. I have all coverage from NBC, NBCSN, and CBC. I also have some British Eurosport coverage (haven't looked at much of it yet). I think I have an HD feed from Japanese TV too (haven't checked that yet either.)

I had planned on attending Skate Canada up until two weeks ago. As much as I would love to go, it's a long journey for me right off the heels of SkAm -- I'd rather focus on Worlds and the newly announced TCC.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I'm partly just getting some SA vids up for posterity, as it seems the 'prime' time to upload vids is immediately after the performance/broadcast. Residual views on late uploads tends to be slow, but I still want HD vids of Skate America available on my channel for visitors who come through now and in the future.

For that reason, let me know if there's anything in particular you want to see, especially if you haven't been able to find it elsewhere. I've really only watched the Ladies coverage so far, though I can always skip to specific parts to grab a performance for YouTube. I have all coverage from NBC, NBCSN, and CBC. I also have some British Eurosport coverage (haven't looked at much of it yet). I think I have an HD feed from Japanese TV too (haven't checked that yet either.)

I had planned on attending Skate Canada up until two weeks ago. As much as I would love to go, it's a long journey for me right off the heels of SkAm -- I'd rather focus on Worlds and the newly announced TCC.

In any case, thanks for uploading any Skate America stuff for posterity, whenever it is feasible for you to do so, sabinfire :bow:.

Because you are kind enough to be open to requests, I do have one, please:
The brief Max interview with Andrea Joyce that aired on NBCSN. It started at approx. 11:46 pm ET.
Because we Max fans can never get enough of him ;).
Of course, no pressure and no rush. And my thanks, as always.​

Totally understand about your change of plans re Skate Canada.
Kinda crazy (in a good way) that USFS will host both Worlds in March and the new TCC in April. Plus it already had JGP Colorado Springs. Quite a season.

ETA, another request, although this one is a shot in the dark:
If you happen to come across any stuff in your files from the skater press conferences, I would be interested, please.
TSL had a vid of the SA pairs post-SP presser (original content shot by TSL, I believe). https://youtu.be/j21NjXxaRP0 (10:29)
But I haven't seen anything else out there.
I myself am curious mostly about the men's pressers ;). But I bet the other disciplines would generate a lot of hits, given that the source material is elusive. The TSL vid has had over 1400 views.
Thanks again.​

Last edited: