2015 Skate America Ice Dance FD Oct 24 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Ice Dance FD Oct 24

JayW

Final Flight
They seem more like pairs skaters than dancers...so many crossovers. But I loooooove the theme of the dance! So I really enjoyed it.

Yes, the height difference actually bothers me a little.

Her dress is very nice.

Weathergal

Medalist
They seem more like pairs skaters than dancers...so many crossovers. But I loooooove the theme of the dance! So I really enjoyed it.

Liked the theme, too and though there were some nice moments in the program. Thought they had some interesting twizzles. But they were slow and didn't seem to have much in the way of knee bad (hence the slowness I guess...).

ryn7

Rinkside
As a dance, that was so engaging & fun! This is the first time I see Mandarin used. Amazing theme, costumes, music :cheer: even though its not the best ever technically.
I kept expecting a jumps or throws because their height difference reminds me of pairs.

Lissy

Medalist
Tonia needs to sit in with Tanith on how to properly commentate. Actually explaining elements, describing how to get more out of points, and a real understanding of the sport. While Tonia knows the sport, her commentary doesn't show that she does. Everything is "interesting" and she misses so many elements.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is one of my favorite movie scores of all time. So I am quite discombobulated, if not outright nauseated, by the pinging metronome that was inserted into some of the music to help the judges keep time. Quite frankly, if a judge couldn't tell the tempo with that piece, they have no business judging a music-based sport. Also, I'm not very happy the last piece of music used was quite obviously from something else.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is one of my favorite movie scores of all time. So I am quite discombobulated, if not outright nauseated, by the pinging metronome that was inserted into some of the music to help the judges keep time. Quite frankly, if a judge couldn't tell the tempo with that piece, they have no business judging a music-based sport. Also, I'm not very happy the last piece of music used was quite obviously from something else.

That is why i want them to take a musicality test, wonder how many % will fail. Otherwise I can't explain some of these interpretation scores. However dance judges may be better than single judges?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Holy hell, that hydroblading lift from Nazarova/Nikitin is stunning, and defies physics/gravity. Level 4, +3 across the board, for me. :eek: Love their spin elements too!

Last edited:

caitie

Medalist
Tonia needs to sit in with Tanith on how to properly commentate. Actually explaining elements, describing how to get more out of points, and a real understanding of the sport. While Tonia knows the sport, her commentary doesn't show that she does. Everything is "interesting" and she misses so many elements.

ITA with this. I love Tanith, but she goes off into her overall impressions of the team when I am trying to watch them perform and it's distracting. Since IN doesn't have commercials, I wish she'd save this kind of stuff for during the wait for the scores and mostly comment on the actual elements when she speaks during the performance.

Lissy

Medalist
ITA with this. I love Tanith, but she goes off into her overall impressions of the team when I am trying to watch them perform and it's distracting. Since IN doesn't have commercials, I wish she'd save this kind of stuff for during the wait for the scores and mostly comment on the actual elements when she speaks during the performance.

Agreed! Tanith does too much and Tonia does too little. They need to balance each other out.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Yaay. They got some wobbly elements but I'm glad they seemed happy at the end.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I wish there were an option on IceNetwork for NOT having commentators at all. But given the primitive levels of tech IN uses, that's probably a bridge several light years too far.

Weathergal

Medalist
Sorta felt like they were trying a little too hard to emulate Papadakis/Cizeron's FD from last season...

Did love that first lift though!

s_parks

Record Breaker
I don't know anything about ice dance, but that was really pretty. Loved the lifts.