2015 Skate America Pairs Free Skate Oct 24 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Pairs Free Skate Oct 24

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I just looked at Grand Prix Assignments of the teams who medaled here, and I have to say Stolbova/Klimov is still have a pretty good chances to qualify to GPF. If they will win Rostelecom Cup, they will most likely beat on tie-breakers Scimeca/Knierim (who will likely lose to Duhamel/Radford and Volosozhar/Trankov at NHK) and Seguin/Bilodeau (who will likely to lose to Volosozhar/Trankov at Bompard Trophee). Main opponents in Russia for Stolbova/Klimov will be Kavaguti/Smirnov. So 4+1 > 2+3 and 3+2. Of course, the ice is very slippery, and there's always a possibility of an injury, but still this scenario is very possible.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I just looked at Grand Prix Assignments of the teams who medaled here, and I have to say Stolbova/Klimov is still have a pretty good chances to qualify to GPF. If they will win Rostelecom Cup, they will most likely beat on tie-breakers Scimeca/Knierim (who will likely lose to Duhamel/Radford and Volosozhar/Trankov at NHK) and Seguin/Bilodeau (who will likely to lose to Volosozhar/Trankov at Bompard Trophee). Main opponents in Russia for Stolbova/Klimov will be Kavaguti/Smirnov. So 4+1 > 2+3 and 3+2. Of course, the ice is very slippery, and there's always a possibility of an injury, but still this scenario is very possible.

:agree: I agree but then who would have ever thought St/Kl would finish 4th here, so I don't think given this competition and their other rough competition this year that their beating K/S is guaranteed.

Olympic

On the Ice
I will post what I should have led with from the beginning.

Congratulations to Alexa and Chris on their silver medal and their improvements. I hope to see them continue onward and upward

And congratulations to everyone else. This season is quite fascinating already ... in all disciplines.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
FWIW, when I saw Scimeca and Knerim at Nationals in 2014, they had pretty good basics. Decent speed and ice coverage and of course that incredible twist. They just made way too many errors (more than they did here) to make the Olympic Team. I'd imagined they improved much since then.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Scimeca/Knierim have made a lot of improvement, but they were overscored here. That being said, they and S/B definitely deserved to be ahead of Stolbova/Klimov.

I'd say Seguin/Bilodeau should have been ahead of Scimeca/Knierim (who had a touchdown in the SP to S/B's clean SP; and falls on both SBS jumps in the FS, while S/B were pretty clean except for a less than perfect throw and SBS combo). However, the quad twist in the FS and higher levels in the SP kinda justifies the silver, so I'm cool with the result.

Last edited:

humbaba

Final Flight
I'd say Seguin/Bilodeau should have been ahead of Scimeca/Knierim (who had a touchdown in the SP to S/B's clean SP; and falls on both SBS jumps in the FS, while S/B were pretty clean except for a less than perfect throw and SBS combo). However, the quad twist in the FS and higher levels in the SP kinda justifies the silver, so I'm cool with the result.

In the SP, Seguin/Bilodeau got a level 2 on the back outside death spiral. The other teams in the top five got level 3 or 4. They also got a level 3 on the lift, whereas most other teams in the event got level 4.

The BoDs seems to be something of a bear when it comes to getting levels. In some of the summer comps, there were several teams whose death spirals were invalidated. S/B got level 4 on the FiDs in the long, so I'm thinking they don't have problems with death spirals in general. The lifts seem to be their weakness.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The BoDs seems to be something of a bear when it comes to getting levels. In some of the summer comps, there were several teams whose death spirals were invalidated. S/B got level 4 on the FiDs in the long, so I'm thinking they don't have problems with death spirals in general. The lifts seem to be their weakness.

Yeah, seem the judges are getting quite strict about the woman's arch and if her head is close enough to the ice. You're right, lifts are their weakness but Charlie isn't exactly the most muscular partner, so hopefully as he becomes a man he will be able to do cleaner lifts.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:hb: Sui/Han! So happy for them! I'm already loving this LP more than last season's.

Seguin/Bilodeau are really growing on me. I understand why many think they deserved silver (and I kinda think so too), but I don't find the placements outright bothersome considering the SPs.

Nice to see Stolbova/Klimov landing 3T-3T-2T. Shame about the rest of the program.

I really enjoyed Astakhova/Rogonov's program. I think they do better on choreography with more "concept" (versus the SP, where they came across as a little cold). A shame they ended up last place in the LP; they had plenty of issues, but I seem to remember Kayne/O'Shea and (as much as I love them) Wang/Wang being messier.