New Website - Danielle Thomas and Daniel Eaton | Golden Skate

New Website - Danielle Thomas and Daniel Eaton

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Hoping I am posting this in the right spot. If not I apologize, I do not make many posts.

I would like to share Danielle and Daniel's new website.

Daphne with Ice Dance.com was the creator of the site.

The final touches was a team effort between Danielle, Daniel, Karen Thomas and myself.

I hope you like the website and thank you for your support.

http://www.danielle-daniel-usaicedancers.com

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hoping I am posting this in the right spot. If not I apologize, I do not make many posts.

I would like to share Danielle and Daniel's new website.

Daphne with Ice Dance.com was the creator of the site.

The final touches was a team effort between Danielle, Daniel, Karen Thomas and myself.

I hope you like the website and thank you for your support.

http://www.danielle-daniel-usaicedancers.com

That is a VERY impressive website!

You know, it mightn't be a bad idea to post the link in the Fan Fest thread you created for them, as the "Fan Fest" forum gets a lot more visitors than the "Share It" forum.

Don't be scared of posting it in there. We are a lot nicer than FSU. :)

I don't visit that site often, but on one of the few occasions that I did, I saw the way they were treating you. And it was a total disgrace. Like, all you were doing was letting them know the latest news about your son.

Unlike them, we really appreciate you doing it! :cheer: :clap: :points:

So, thank you for this latest update! :bow:

All the best to Danielle and Daniel for the coming season... and beyond!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
That is a VERY impressive website!

You know, it mightn't be a bad idea to post the link in the Fan Fest thread you created for them, as the "Fan Fest" forum gets a lot more visitors than the "Share It" forum.

Don't be scared of posting it in there. We are a lot nicer than FSU. :)

I don't visit that site often, but on one of the few occasions that I did, I saw the way they were treating you. And it was a total disgrace. Like, all you were doing was letting them know the latest news about your son.

Unlike them, we really appreciate you doing it! :cheer: :clap: :points:

So, thank you for this latest update! :bow:

All the best to Danielle and Daniel for the coming season... and beyond!!!

CaroLiza_fan

All of this. I hope you will at least check out the fan fest thread. Those threads are generally 100% drama free, and I am sure fans of these two would be glad to check out the site and see that you're around, as well as for any additional news you might be willing to provide.

I'm very active in the actual competition threads where people post live during competitions, and while I don't necessarily as highly recommend venturing into them as people can get snarky there, I can honestly say I have seen overwhelmingly positive comments about this team and their potential... I do think they are going to have a lot of fans in years to come, and they already do have quite a few!

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Tried to put up video of D2's Exhibition Performance at Ice Challenge, in Graz, Austria but the sound was muted due to Copyright Violation. Filed a dispute and sound may go back on by December 4th or our You Tube Account may get closed by YouTube so I think we would lose all our videos over the last 10 years. Trying to get "Fair Use" approval from music producer.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll admit that I've never used it but I'm aware of a fairly easy way to save YouTube videos. Just add "ss" in front of the link after (www.)

For instance I picked a link from your page and added the "ss" in order to give you an example.

https://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=Y3EEgpukmXA&feature=youtu.be

I'd imagine they would just save to your hard drive. I'm told this is a good route to go but maybe a little research would be advised.

Last edited:

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Thank You Both for the suggestions. This weekend I'm getting a storage drive and downloading my videos. Maybe it makes more since to skate to classical music. Is that copyrighted or just modern music? Seems stupid to develop programs that no one can hear the music. Is another company other than You Tube better to use?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
dailymotion does not do as much censoring. I find it more obnoxious to use, and less easy to find stuff.

Classical music is not fool proof; some recordings have copyrights that are enforced.

In general, don't use Prince and don't use John Lennon. Although it is not fool proof, check whether there is a video on youtube of the music you want to use that is not "Official". If it has been up for over a year, you are probably good to go.

And you could perhaps contact whoever owns the rights to the music about whether they police youtube. AFAIK, skaters don't usually do this, relying on the venue and the broadcast company to handle all music issues, but it might be good insurance.

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Thank you Doris
I am going to brakedown and purchase an Apple. My husband likes trying to find music - it's not as easy as everyone thinks
The exhibition is Sam Smith and I guess it's licensed
Thanks for your assistance over the years

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think Jeremy Abbott's Sam Smith program had the music censored, so it looks like he is another artist to avoid.

You might consider indie artists, if you can find some music you like in those genres. At least you don't have to deal with these mega companies..