2015 Skate America Mens SP Oct 23

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Entries of Men with nice photos and links to videos of previous skating, and info of best scores too.
http://forum.fsonline.ru/index.php?/topic/2023-skate-america-2015-милуоки-сша-мужчиныкп/#entry657929

Thx, AlexRus.

Do you know what criterion determined the order in which the men are listed in the table???

It's not PBs.
It's not SBs.
It's not 2014 GP placements.
It's not 2015 Euros/Four Continents placements.
It's not 2015 Worlds/Junior Worlds placements.

I'm stumped.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thx, AlexRus.

Do you know what criterion determined the order in which the men are listed in the table???

It's not PBs.
It's not SBs.

I'm stumped.

World Standings isn't it?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Likely starting order (or at least starting groups) based on ranking:

59. Brendan Kerry
40. Ross Miner
26. Florent Amodio
22. Alexei Bychenko
18. Max Aaron
17. Adien Pitkeev
----
13. Han Yan
11. Shoma Uno
9. Konstantin Menshov
8. Takahito Mura
6. Jason Brown
5. Denis Ten

World Standings isn't it?

No, the order of the Russian chart is not based on ISU World Standings.

Mrs. P's post above gives the World Standings from the ISU page:

ETA:
I'm seeing now that above the Russian table, it says (in part): ... это построение довольно условно.
Which per Google Translate, roughly means, "this construction is rather arbitrary."​

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Thx, AlexRus.

It's not PBs.
It's not SBs.

I'm stumped.

There is said (my translation to English):
"Table built on the results of the best skating in the career, taking into account their best results in the past and this season, and this construction is rather arbitrary."

Mattieu

Medalist
I am just praying that Amodio suddenly finds his old form and is a surprise to everyone :)

Warwick360

Medalist
Only a day to go. :jaw::hb:

Won't be able to catch up to the events live but should definitely make a great Sunday catch up.

Really, really hoping no one ends up having a brain fart for the first GP event of the season. :cheer2:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Likely starting order (or at least starting groups) based on ranking:

59. Brendan Kerry
40. Ross Miner
26. Florent Amodio
22. Alexei Bychenko
18. Max Aaron
17. Adien Pitkeev
----
13. Han Yan
11. Shoma Unov
9. Konstantin Menshov
8. Takahito Mura
6. Jason Brown
5. Denis Ten

The ISU has posted the STARTING ORDER, and it is exactly what Mrs. P had foreseen:

The PDF with the detailed TIME SCHEDULE (for each individual skater) also has been posted:

ETA, mini-postscript ;):
As mentioned above, the ISU results page has links to the detailed time schedule PDFs -- the no-nonsense black-and-white ones with which we are familiar from previous comps.
In addition ... @ISU_Figure later tweeted the same detailed schedule information as well -- this time all spiffed up in glorious technicolor and embellished with the fancy event logo, etc. #HigherProductionValues #StyleAndSubstance

There is said (my translation to English):
"Table built on the results of the best skating in the career, taking into account their best results in the past and this season, and this construction is rather arbitrary."

Thanks for the verification re the table from the post in the Russian forum, AlexRus.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Can't wake up for this, but what an exciting men’s competition. So many great skaters trying hard elements. Totally impossible to predict the podium. Anyway I really hope for at least 2-3 clean performances here! GO all!

Oh, and every competition with Jason from now will be breathtaking; waiting for him to nail the quad and hear the audience’s roar when he gets it!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why is there such a long break between the ladies SP and the short dance?

Opening ceremony.

An hour to go! I'm so nervous. Please please please Brendan, Max, Jason, just go clean. Please please please. Especially Brendan. Please Plushenchrist smile on his GP debut.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, I'll probably be sleeping through this event. Sorry men, but I have youth orchestra at 9:00 AM.

Edit: Actually, I lied. I'm here, as long as no one notices that I'm staying up until whenever this event ends.

Last edited: