Who will make it to the GP final? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Who will make it to the GP final?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
So if NHK goes: 1. Mao. 2. Ashley 3. Pogo 4. Satoko then both Liza and Rika make it? Rika due to winning the tie breaker and Liza due to grabbing the extra spot?
Yes - If somebody (anybody - it doesn't have to be Pogorilaya) keeps Satoko off the podium... and Pogorilaya is 3rd or lower.

I too, would love to see both Rika and Liza at the GPF... but I do not wish bad things for Miyahara or anyone else... so if it happens, I hope it's because Pogorilaya/Nagasu/Leonova/Whoever has the skate of their lives to claim a place on the podium at NHK...

And I'd love to see Satoko and/or Anna make it too! So whatever happens at NHK I won't be disappointed...! :-D

Last edited:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Dance

Definitely in: Chock/Bates, Cappelini/Lanotte, Weaver/Poje
People whose destinies are unclear at this point and depend either on how they skate at NHK or on how TEB is ultimately handled: Bobrova/Soloviev, Shibutanis, Sinisina/Katsalopov, Gillies/Porier, Hubbell/Donohue

It looks as though the Shibs and Hubbell / Donohue are almost certain to make the final now. Whether Sinitsina and Katsalapov and Piper and Paul get to go (P&P can benefit from the extra spot for TEB skaters because they are currently tied with Sinitsina and Katsalapov) depends on how well Bobrova and Soloviev will do at NHK. If Shibs and H/D are 1-2, S/K and G/P are in.

xabia

On the Ice
:hslap:

And he was supposed to be #1 too, lol. So: Javier, Yuzuru, Shoma, Boyang, Kovtun, Patrick. These are my picks, due to revision after other bizarre happenings in the field. (Oh God, I hope nothing happens.) That would be actually a pretty good selection in terms of variety of styles.

Four of them have style, the other two have none. Guess which ones have no style?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yes - If somebody (anybody - it doesn't have to be Pogorilaya) keeps Satoko off the podium... and Pogorilaya is 3rd or lower.

I too, would love to see both Rika and Liza at the GPF... but I do not wish bad things for Miyahara or anyone else... so if it happens, I hope it's because Pogorilaya/Nagasu/Leonova/Whoever has the skate of their lives to claim a place on the podium at NHK...

And I'd love to see Satoko and/or Anna make it too! So whatever happens at NHK I won't be disappointed...! :-D

Me too! I like Rika, Liza, Anna, and Satoko, so whichever of these ladies makes it I will be pleased. With the timing of Japanese and Russian Nationals though, I think there will be a silver lining for whoever doesn't make the final, it's a quick turnaround between GPF and Nationals, especially for anyone who is also competing at NHK!

I am just hoping to see Anna and Satoko skate well. I don't really care too much about placement, I was just a little sad to see Rika's scores be so muted at COR after being so great at CoC, and for a World Champion to be struggling so much is also sad.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Mao almost always skates well in Japan AND she already has a gold medal, while Ashley also has a gold medal AND is looking pretty good with her 3 PBs from Skate Canada, so I don't worry about them. I'm more concerned about Satoko and Anna. Before TEB, I've always thought of it as a big Satoko vs. Anna battle for this event. But now, as people pointed out, the fate of Rika and Liza depend most likely on how Satoko and Anna skate. I personally like seeing first-time skaters at the GPF, so I want Satoko to qualify, but at the same time, Anna is also very skilled and she's spectacular when she's doing well. It's too hard of a decision and now rather than Satoko vs. Anna it is more like Satoko vs. Anna determines Rika vs. Liza :(

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Four of them have style, the other two have none. Guess which ones have no style?

That's a pretty mean thing to say about these guys who are clearly working hard and trying to do the best they can. I guess we don't have to guess which posted comments have no class. :sarcasm:

Rissa

Record Breaker

I have no idea what you are talking about because to my eyes they all have pretty distincitive styles. I would be very glad to watch them all at GPF.

Last edited: