Who will make it to the GP final? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who will make it to the GP final?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
But Russia has too many great ladies, they have to have a stacked field with their own skaters somewhere :drama:

Evgenia already won SA, I'm sure she'll make the GPF anyway. And Elena is Elena, one of the few ladies you can usually trust to deliver :yes: And I really, really need her to make the GPF, I need to see my little sunshine princess live :love:

The field is unnecessarily stacked at Rostelecom in Russia, the only GP where not all the top competitors are competing for spots at the GPF.

Basically a 'worst' case scenario from China for Lena now -- she grabs a bronze to stay in the hunt for the GPF, but pretty much requires a win at Rostelecom to be assured of making it. Looks like the competition of Adelina, Evgenia, and Rika is looking a lot worse for her now... :dumb:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The field is unnecessarily stacked at Rostelecom in Russia, the only GP where not all the top competitors are competing for spots at the GPF.

Basically a 'worst' case scenario from China for Lena now -- she grabs a bronze to stay in the hunt for the GPF, but pretty much requires a win at Rostelecom to be assured of making it. Looks like the competition of Adelina, Evgenia, and Rika is looking a lot worse for her now... :dumb:

It's also a very nervous wait for Rika as well, She's consistent, but will she be able to grab a place in such a difficult field? What will the placements have to be so that both Lena AND Rika can get to the final?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
It's also a very nervous wait for Rika as well, She's consistent, but will she be able to grab a place in such a difficult field? What will the placements have to be so that both Lena AND Rika can get to the final?

The best possible outcome for these ladies would be:

1. Lena
2. Rika
3. Evgenia

... And they would all make the final, most likely.

If Adelina gets on the podium, she will push out at least 1, maybe 2, of the girls from making it.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

1. Lena
2. Rika
3. Evgenia

... And they would all make the final, most likely.

If Adelina gets on the podium, she will push out at least 1, maybe 2, of the girls from making it.

Hmm...ok. Sorry Adelina, you've got to go! :dev3:
Kidding...the ice-chips will fall where they will. I'll just hope Rika can get in there. She's lucky and tenacious and that's a winning combination.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yeah I think realistically Radionova doesn't have much chance to make the final. If she goes clean she probably would beat Evgenia and Rika, so her winning is theoretically possible, but she is obviously in the middle of the puberty transition and I think 2 clean skates in a row are not likely. Evgenia and Rika are both consistent skaters so I think the most likely order as between those three is Evgenia-Rika-Elena, and then Adelina can't be counted out either as has been said. She hasn't been consistent this year either but I expect she'll have insane PCS so really she could place almost anywhere, but I don't expect her to beat Evgenia, so she could potentially create problems for both Rika and Elena. Overall a tough situation.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Yes, Elena really would have needed that silver at CoC to have a good shot at making the GPF... now she has to basically win CoR, but the biggest challenge for that will be Evgenia, and not even Adelina. If Elena is 2nd or 3rd doesn't make much difference at this point for the GPF.

It does depend on TEB and NHK too though.
Even the 1. Elena, 2. Rika, 3. Evgenia CoR scenario doesn't guarantee all of them the GPF. They'd all have 26 points. But one of Liza and Gracie winning TEB has them at 28. The other will have two silvers and 26 too.
Now if Ashley gets 3rd at NHK (quite possible with Mao, Anna P. and Satoko there), again a 26. We'd have 2 ladies with 30/28 points (Mao and either Liza or Gracie) and 5 with 26 points - so one still wouldn't make it. Either Rika or Liza/Gracie. It's just really, really close this season.

I'll take this moment and also :sad4::sad4::sad4: at definitely no Anna in the GPF and Elenas chances being so low

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
I wrote possibilities for GPF ... Hope my 3 fav ladies Lena,Gracie and Liza will qualify 😍

1st possibility

TEB: 1-Gold 2 -Tuktamysheva / COR: 1-Radionova 2-Medvedeva 3-Hongo / NHK: 1-Asada 2-Wagner

GPF List:

1- ASADA 30
2- GOLD 28
3- MEDVEDEVA 28
4- WAGNER 28
5- RADIONOVA 26
6 - TUKTAMYSHEVA 26

2nd possibility

TEB: 1- GOLD 2 - TUKTAMYSHEVA / COR: 1 -RADIONOVA 2-HONGO 3-MEDVEDEVA / NHK: 1-ASADA 2-POGORILAYA 3-WAGNER

GPF List

1- ASADA 30
2- GOLD 28
3- RADIONOVA 26
4- MEDVEDEVA 26
5- WAGNER 26
6- TUKTAMYSHEVA OR HONGO (BOTH 26 AND 2-2)

3rd possibility

TEB: 1 - TUKTAMYSHEVA 2-GOLD / COR: 1-MEDVEDEVA 2-RADIONOVA 3-HONGO / 1-ASADA 2-WAGNER

GPF List

1- ASADA 30
2- MEDVEDEVA 30
3- TUKTAMYSHEVA 28
4- WAGNER 28
5- GOLD 26
6- RADIONOVA OR HONGO (BOTH 24 AND 2-3)

4th possibility

TEB: 1-TUKTAMYSHEVA 2-GOLD / COR: 1-MEDVEDEVA 2-HONGO 3 -RADIONOVA / NHK: 1-ASADA 2-WAGNER

GPF List

1- ASADA 30
2- MEDVEDEVA 30
3- TUKTAMYSHEVA 28
4- WAGNER 28
5- GOLD 26
6- HONGO 26

5th possibility

TEB: 1-GOLD 2 -TUKTAMYSHEVA / COR: 1-RADIONOVA 2-MEDVEDEVA 3-SOTNIKOVA / NHK: 1-ASADA 2-WAGNER

GPF List

1- ASADA 30
2- GOLD 28
3- WAGNER 28
4- MEDVEDEVA 28
5- RADIONOVA 26
6- TUKTAMYSHEVA 26

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Curious as to how the pairs marking will go down at Cup of Russia. I'm sure the federation will be desperate to get both S/K and K/S into the GPF, and with 1st at CoC, all K/S need is a bronze to seal their spot, whereas S/K need a win and some help. Seems K/S are doing way better to start the season but will they be held back to give S/K a better shot at the GPF?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Curious as to how the pairs marking will go down at Cup of Russia. I'm sure the federation will be desperate to get both S/K and K/S into the GPF, and with 1st at CoC, all K/S need is a bronze to seal their spot, whereas S/K need a win and some help. Seems K/S are doing way better to start the season but will they be held back to give S/K a better shot at the GPF?

Sky is the limit for scoring in CoR :devil:

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TEB: 1-TUKTAMYSHEVA 2-GOLD / COR: 1-MEDVEDEVA 2-HONGO 3 -RADIONOVA / NHK: 1-ASADA 2-WAGNER

GPF List

1- ASADA 30
2- MEDVEDEVA 30
3- TUKTAMYSHEVA 28
4- WAGNER 28
5- GOLD 26
6- HONGO 26

I like this scenario best - 2 Japanese, 2 Americans, 2 Russians. Not sure it will happen but I like to see more of a balanced field as opposed to last year with 4 Russians and 2 US (eventually with Rika subbing for Gracie so there was one Japanese lady).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Sky is the limit for scoring in CoR :devil:
Don't we know it. The "problem" for Stolbova/Klimov is that Kavaguti/Smirnov are also Russian, and them benefiting too from home ice inflation :)popcorn:) only hurts their chances of winning and making the GPF.

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
I like this scenario best - 2 Japanese, 2 Americans, 2 Russians. Not sure it will happen but I like to see more of a balanced field as opposed to last year with 4 Russians and 2 US (eventually with Rika subbing for Gracie so there was one Japanese lady).
Nooooo Elena isn't here :(( I want Lena,Gracie and Liza 💓😀😀😀

qwerty

On the Ice

I doubt the scores are going to be manipulated to bolster S/K's chances. I think their chance is basically gone anyway what with S/K's fourth place finish, overall impression of unpreparedness, and seriously weird vibes going on with Stolbova in particular. (like, is this partnership going to last through the season...?)

Nothing for the Russian Fed to sweat out too much though- in addition to K/S, V/T are likely to make the GPF and T/M are also in with a chance.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yep my team is K/S, V/T & T/M this season
The fed does need S/K but only if V/T bomb for some strange reason (which I dont see happening but Im a biased V/T fan so....))))

Dance field @ CoR wil be waaay more interesting & unpredictble with all the 'who is the #1' drama :yahoo:

1. Lena
2. Rika
3. Evgenia
imo Zhenya is almost certain to win
I really dont see her losing

Last edited:

NicoleH

On the Ice
Someone forgot the most likely result
COR: 1-MEDVEDEVA 2-HONGO 3 -ADELINA
which is the best result.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yes, Elena really would have needed that silver at CoC to have a good shot at making the GPF... now she has to basically win CoR, but the biggest challenge for that will be Evgenia, and not even Adelina. If Elena is 2nd or 3rd doesn't make much difference at this point for the GPF.

It does depend on TEB and NHK too though.
Even the 1. Elena, 2. Rika, 3. Evgenia CoR scenario doesn't guarantee all of them the GPF. They'd all have 26 points. But one of Liza and Gracie winning TEB has them at 28. The other will have two silvers and 26 too.
Now if Ashley gets 3rd at NHK (quite possible with Mao, Anna P. and Satoko there), again a 26. We'd have 2 ladies with 30/28 points (Mao and either Liza or Gracie) and 5 with 26 points - so one still wouldn't make it. Either Rika or Liza/Gracie. It's just really, really close this season.

I'll take this moment and also :sad4::sad4::sad4: at definitely no Anna in the GPF and Elenas chances being so low

Well, it's not likely, but if Anna were to win NHK, I think she maybe could make it with 4+1, since she'd win the tiebreaker against anyone with 3+2. But even if this were to happen, I think it probably wouldn't be enough and she'd be 1st alternate, because in the event Ashley were to come in 4th at NHK she'd probably win the total score tiebreaker thanks to her 202 score at Skate Canada. So yeah, I think no Anna, Satoko, or Radionova in GPF. Of the 3, Radionova has the best odds to make it, but having Adelina at COR could ruin her chances. Even if she beats Hongo and comes in 2nd, if Hongo comes in 3rd, it would come down to the total score tiebreaker so it's hard to say.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I wrote possibilities for GPF ... Hope my 3 fav ladies Lena,Gracie and Liza will qualify 😍

1st possibility

TEB: 1-Gold 2 -Tuktamysheva / COR: 1-Radionova 2-Medvedeva 3-Hongo / NHK: 1-Asada 2-Wagner

GPF List:

1- ASADA 30
2- GOLD 28
3- MEDVEDEVA 28
4- WAGNER 28
5- RADIONOVA 26
6 - TUKTAMYSHEVA 26

2nd possibility

TEB: 1- GOLD 2 - TUKTAMYSHEVA / COR: 1 -RADIONOVA 2-HONGO 3-MEDVEDEVA / NHK: 1-ASADA 2-POGORILAYA 3-WAGNER

GPF List

1- ASADA 30
2- GOLD 28
3- RADIONOVA 26
4- MEDVEDEVA 26
5- WAGNER 26
6- TUKTAMYSHEVA OR HONGO (BOTH 26 AND 2-2)

3rd possibility

TEB: 1 - TUKTAMYSHEVA 2-GOLD / COR: 1-MEDVEDEVA 2-RADIONOVA 3-HONGO / 1-ASADA 2-WAGNER

GPF List

1- ASADA 30
2- MEDVEDEVA 30
3- TUKTAMYSHEVA 28
4- WAGNER 28
5- GOLD 26
6- RADIONOVA OR HONGO (BOTH 24 AND 2-3)

4th possibility

GPF List

1- ASADA 30
2- MEDVEDEVA 30
3- TUKTAMYSHEVA 28
4- WAGNER 28
5- GOLD 26
6- HONGO 26

5th possibility

TEB: 1-GOLD 2 -TUKTAMYSHEVA / COR: 1-RADIONOVA 2-MEDVEDEVA 3-SOTNIKOVA / NHK: 1-ASADA 2-WAGNER

GPF List

1- ASADA 30
2- GOLD 28
3- WAGNER 28
4- MEDVEDEVA 28
5- RADIONOVA 26
6- TUKTAMYSHEVA 26

Playing devil's advocate here but in the event this were to happen...

TEB: 1.) Tuktamysheva 2.) Gold

COR: 1.) Sotnikova 2.) Radionova 3.) Hongo 4.) Medvedeva

NHK: 1.) Pogorilaya 2.) Asada 3.) Miyahara 4.) Wagner

Then the final is:

1 - Asada 28
2 - Tuktamysheva 28
3 - Gold 26
4 - Medvedeva 24
5 - Wagner 24
6 - Pogorilaya 24

Radionova and Hongo would also have 24 points but would lose on the tiebreaker. Now, I get that this scenario is quite unlikely, I'm just saying there are multiple ways this could all shake out. If Miyahara wins NHK, she could also knock out anyone with 2 silvers.

fairly4

Medalist
ladies,

Gracie , Ashley, Elizaveta, Evgenia, Mao, Elena

Men

Patrick, Max, Yuzuru, Shoma, Boyjang,

dance,

chock/bates, weaver & poje, Cappellini & lanotte, shibutani's,

Voloshar & trankov, sui & han, Duhamel Radford, tarashova & morozov, kavaguti & Smirnoff, scimeca knierim